Marvel's Avengers

Randin

Trakanon Raider

Definitely looks better than it was looking in previous previews... we'll see. Will be interested in beta impressions the next few weeks - something about all the heroes just looks off to me
Yeah, combat looks somehow smoother and more impactful than even what they showed last month.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I was a firm no when they first announced this because of how lackluster it was looking, but each new video shows actual improvements and new content.

Now I just need to decide PS4 or PC.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Gator

Molten Core Raider

Beta Dates
So when can you get your hands on the Marvel’s Avengers Beta? The answer is next week!

• August 7 – PlayStation Advantage Pre-order Beta: As part of our PlayStation Advantage, those of you who have preordered Marvel’s Avengers will be the first in the world to get your hands on Earth’s Mightiest Heroes the weekend of August 7-9. Pre-load: August 6.
  • August 14 – Open Beta: The second Beta weekend will be open to the entire PS4 community as part of our PlayStation Advantage partnership. Pre-load: August 13.
  • August 21 – Open Beta: Same as the above — our final weekend is also an Open Beta for all PlayStation players. Pre-load: August 20.

50163547538_1b70f936c6_h.jpg

• 1Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Does beta progress carry over to launch?
No, this is from the PSBlog article...

In addition to the HARM Challenge Room nameplate, you’ll unlock a second exclusive nameplate for participating in the Beta, which will be carried over to launch. Other progress – such as story progress, gear, and character leveling, will not be carried over to the final game.

However, your progress will carry over between weekends; if you played the Beta on August 7, your progression carries over to August 14 and August 21. This gives you a chance to try and hit those level caps!

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
With what they have been showing, I feel a lot better about this and will probably be playing maybe even pre-ordering. I still dislike Ms. Marvel as a character from the comics but as I understand it, you won't be forced to play as her for long, and then the story opens up into pairings where you can choose other characters. Also this:

At Crystal Dynamics, we are gamers and we have a gamer-first mentality. We want to make it easy for Marvel’s Avengers players to enjoy the additional features PS5 brings to the game.

Therefore, we’re happy to announce that when you purchase Marvel’s Avengers for the PS4 platform, either digitally or on disc, and later upgrade to a PS5, you get the PS5 version of the game with all of its enhancements free of charge!

In addition, PS5 gamers can play Marvel’s Avengers online with PS4 gamers, so anyone can upgrade at any time and continue playing with friends on both platforms.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This is very commendable. Anyone who is taking a fundamentally different take on the new hardware cycle is doing it wrong.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Beta Dates
So when can you get your hands on the Marvel’s Avengers Beta? The answer is next week!

• August 7 – PlayStation Advantage Pre-order Beta: As part of our PlayStation Advantage, those of you who have preordered Marvel’s Avengers will be the first in the world to get your hands on Earth’s Mightiest Heroes the weekend of August 7-9. Pre-load: August 6.
  • August 14 – Open Beta: The second Beta weekend will be open to the entire PS4 community as part of our PlayStation Advantage partnership. Pre-load: August 13.
  • August 21 – Open Beta: Same as the above — our final weekend is also an Open Beta for all PlayStation players. Pre-load: August 20.

Only the August 7-9 is exclusive to PS4. The rest of the dates will include PC/XBox

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Just got announced that Spider-Man is going to be a Playstation-exclusive post-launch character. Don't know if that means permanently exclusive or a timed exclusive, but there it is.

• 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
sigh .... fuck that noise. I don't want this game on PS4.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Even a timed exclusive is a pretty bad move, but if that's permanent that seems stupid considering the popularity of Spiderman. Not only that but they lose all the revenue they would get from his cosmetics on other systems.

Hopefully someone got paid well out of this shitty deal.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah...I was gonna play on PC and don't give a shit about Spider-Man, but don't think I can support this type of fuckery. Not surprised Sony would end up with some exclusives, but I assumed at most it would be costumes/other various cosmetics.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
At the very least no longer preordering, will get my fix watching beta streams.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Permanent exclusivity would be a weird fucking choice. Even aside from Spidey's popularity, this isn't an Ultimate Alliance game with a roster of 40 or 50 characters; even one exclusive character is a lot of content to lock players out of. And as I saw mentioned in some other reactions to the news, Spidey being exclusive also means that he can't be narratively relevant outside of his own personal missions, which is an issue in a game where the story is supposed to matter.

I'd be grabbing the game on PS4 anyways, so it doesn't affect me, but it would still be a pretty stupid choice. But when has it ever been expected that companies would make smart decisions?

spronk

FPS noob
its probably more like smash or something where you can have characters join you in missions but they have no real story stuff, just are fight companions

still if I do buy the game i'd buy it on PS4, but honestly probably just wait until next year, DLC, patches, yadda yadda and play on PS5

also spidey won't be in the game until 2021, and the costume will be from Ditko and Romita (i have no idea who those people are but I assume comic nerds do) but it sounds like it won't exactly look like the Sony exclusive Spidey outfits

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
At the rate i finish games atm, I'll still be balls deep in Horizons when this comes out. So you all can give me the thumbs up or down.

• 1Like