Marvel's Cloak & Dagger

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Marvel's Cloak & Dagger

Genre: Action & Adventure, Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2018-06-07

Creator: Joe Pokaski

Cast: Aubrey Joseph, Olivia Holt, Deric Augustine, Noëlle Renée Bercy, Andrea Roth, Gloria Reuben, Miles Mussenden, James Saito, Carl Lundstedt, J.D. Evermore

Overview: Two teenagers from very different backgrounds awaken to newly acquired superpowers which mysteriously link them to one another.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff

FreeForm, so they probably won't have much in the way of budget but intriguing to see Disney making more use of the MCU on TV.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 133259[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Marvel's Cloak and Dagger[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Action & Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2018-01-01[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger is a coming-of-age series based on the beloved Marvel characters. Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson come from starkly different backgrounds, each growing up with a secret they never dared share with another soul. Once a privileged little girl, Tandy Bowen watched as her family was destroyed by a disastrous storm that uprooted her life. Now in her late teens, an unexpected encounter with a boy named Tyrone sparks a life changing event. Young Tyrone Johnson wanted nothing more than to prove he was fearless. But when everything he held close was taken away, life taught Tyrone to be afraid. Now older and more sheltered, Tyrone closes himself off. But when he meets a girl named Tandy his life changes forever.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The budget for it is actually on par with the Netflix shows (averages around $3.2 million per episode) provided the initial season runs the same length. The series was budgeted at $42 million for the first season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Didn't look like much super-heroing going on in the trailer. If I didn't know it were about Cloak and Dagger I would have just assumed it was another generic teen drama ala the CW or something.

Then again, didn't Freeform used to be ABC Family? We can't expect much.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
FreeForm is indeed the latest regeneration of the Family Channel and always makes me think of SOE's FreeRealms kiddie MMO whenever I see the logo. Surprising that the budget is that high, but then again I think Disney is trying to push more people to check out the channel since the recent brand relaunch

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
They literally spent 10 years de-mutanting C&D
220px-NewMutants_px300_23.jpg

now this
img_7507.png

No FOX lawsuit!

• 1Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah. very teen drama. Expect shadowhunters 2.0.
But honestly, that is exactly what cloak and dagger always was.

p.s. was not aware of the "totes not mutants", now.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Only watched the first episode, but it's pretty okay so far. Better than a lot of other Marvel shows, anyway.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Saw the 2 parter. Wasn't horrible, you can definitely tell it's aimed at the "young adult" audience though. I'll watch a few more eps and see how it goes. I heard that it's going to be kept very street level with no "powered" villain.

Sterling

El Presidente
Saw the 2 parter. Wasn't horrible, you can definitely tell it's aimed at the "young adult" audience though. I'll watch a few more eps and see how it goes. I heard that it's going to be kept very street level with no "powered" villain.
The opening episodes were fine but I think there's a very high chance it'll be overly angsty which would be unfortunate.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Agree with the above assessments. I'm hoping they get together and figure out their powers sooner rather than later though, I already watch enough CW so I have my fill of teen drama.

Dagger is pretty fucking smoking hot though. She doesn't look quite that hot when she's doing promotional stuff, but somehow in the show she gets an extra little boost.

Cloak is definitely not your typical Wakandan though. I don't remember their origins from the comics, but I sort of think it wasn't this silver spoon one. Which is fine with me, I don't need to see a street thug origin story. Was a little annoyed that all the classmates that fucked with him were your typical white-bread dickheads, but then again I guess that's probably mostly who goes to that school, so whatever. They haven't seemed to make any overtly political statements, which I'm happy with.

I like both of them well enough. I understand we might not get as much superhero shit as I would like, but I'm really hoping it quickly changes from this drama stuff to "powered drama" at least.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Gifted will be back this fall if this fails to deliver, so that itch will get scratched in due course.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The first 2 episodes were decent if a bit slow. I enjoy the characters so far, noone is annoying.

Like everyone else, I hope they get together soon, and start learning their powers a bit.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I would call this unwatchable. It's painfully slow, the dialogue is inane, the plot has no nuance to it whatsoever, and it's been two episodes and there has been nothing in the way of entertaining action sequences. There's a couple Malick-y visual sequences if you're into that thing, but if you are, you're probably not watching superhero shows for it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Episode 7 (inside Ivan's head) was pretty great. Episode 8 slowed things back down a bit but still pretty good. I really hope things pick up in these last two episodes, but I'm glad I stuck with it so far.

Definitely more of a teen/early 20s show but I'm still enjoying it.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Enjoying it enough to keep watching. Nice to see they got another season as well.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Stuck with this season hoping it would eventually pay off. And the finale was pretty disappointing. Not sure I'll bother watching if they make a season two.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It slow and somewhat interesting, but I will not be watching season 2.

I want more super-heroing from my super-hero show. :)

TV show information provided by The Movie Database