Marvel's Daredevil

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Well, I think the goal they have is to have Kingpin evolve into the Kingpin we know and love, just as Murdock should evolve into the Daredevil we know...

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
DD was awesome. Watched it 3 episodes at a time in a course of a few days. Mostly to let the episodes sink in a little. The Foggy scenes didnt bother me that much because Matt always had a halfwit lawyer buddy, even in the movie. The Ben Urich story was a nice add, and the easter eggs were subtile with a hint of " i see what you did there!" without slapping you in the face with avengers references. The Stick episode was great and i think that will also be a setup for an Elektra cameo/spinoff.

The only thing that worried me was the red costume. In the promo pictures you could see his eyes. Thankfully in the episode you didn't see his eyes, which is how it should be.

Caliane

changed my mind. 0/10 for this show.

Episode 6. Russian dude is dying. Matt is trying to get a name out of him. Russian dude "fakes" dying to get Matt to come in closer, so he can hit him with a club of wood.
Matt can and would be able to tell he's not actually dying or passing out due to heart rate. And wouldn't even need to get closer to a guy "whispering".

Terrible show.

Ganthorn

N00b
DD was awesome. Watched it 3 episodes at a time in a course of a few days. Mostly to let the episodes sink in a little. The Foggy scenes didnt bother me that much because Matt always had a halfwit lawyer buddy, even in the movie. The Ben Urich story was a nice add, and the easter eggs were subtile with a hint of " i see what you did there!" without slapping you in the face with avengers references. The Stick episode was great and i think that will also be a setup for an Elektra cameo/spinoff.

The only thing that worried me was the red costume. In the promo pictures you could see his eyes. Thankfully in the episode you didn't see his eyes, which is how it should be.
I was thinking that covering his eyes would be a bad thing for his secret identity. While most people wouldn't suspect a blind person, having the eyes obviously covered is kind of a give away something is up.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
changed my mind. 0/10 for this show.

Episode 6. Russian dude is dying. Matt is trying to get a name out of him. Russian dude "fakes" dying to get Matt to come in closer, so he can hit him with a club of wood.
Matt can and would be able to tell he's not actually dying or passing out due to heart rate. And wouldn't even need to get closer to a guy "whispering".

Terrible show.
I got the impression nobody actually knew Daredevil was blind, and he wanted it to stay that way. He's clearly adept at faking things, just as he fakes being blinder than he actually is as Matt Murdock. As Daredevil, he fakes being a normal dude who isn't super-blind.

So it fits, at least for me.

Column_sl

shitlord
That has nothing to do with What Caliane just said....

I feel like this series is perfect for the brain dead. Maybe that is it's target audience.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
That has nothing to do with What Caliane just said....

I feel like this series is perfect for the brain dead. Maybe that is it's target audience.
How so? Caliane said he wouldn't actually need to get closer to a guy whispering. If he's used to faking that he's just a normal guy and not super-blind, he'd close in like normal guys do. It's a tad shaky and still probably a poor scene, but I just figured I'd point out that it seems that he's faking being a normal guy when he's Daredevil.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yes he clearly wanted to get hit almost to his death, and then be put in a room with no escape until the writers put a cheesy deus ex machina in the room.

All this to protect a secret that in no way has been established anywhere in the series at all when Matt is playing as Daredevil. Hi lets put a costume with eyes lenses on it at the end because we want people to think Daredevil is blind..

Get the fuck out of here with that shit...

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Good. You don't like it. Go shit up another thread while beating off to Agent Carter.

Column_sl

shitlord
Good. You don't like it. Go shit up another thread while beating off to Agent Carter.
Hey maybe they can spend 100 million for Daredevil Season 2,and hire a writing staff! But then it might actually turn out good instead of what your Sister calls your penis when you are having sex with her." Below Average!"

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
What the heck was up with Madame Gao? There seems to be a lot more going on with her than normal people stuff.

Caliane

ps I do really like this. I just thought that scene was really funny/bizarre, as it does directly contradict his powerset. if there is anything Daredevil would not fall for, its that. the very next scene even has him hearing the guy actually dying..

velk

Trakanon Raider
All this to protect a secret that in no way has been established anywhere in the series at all when Matt is playing as Daredevil. Hi lets put a costume with eyes lenses on it at the end because we want people to think Daredevil is blind..

Get the fuck out of here with that shit...
You've gotten a bit incoherent here - what are you trying to say ?

The costume *does* have eye lenses on it, although that's presumably more because the armor guy assumed he needed them. Still, letting people know daredevil is blind reduces the suspect pool by 99.9%, so it would seem worth keeping a secret regardless no ? ;p

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I really enjoyed this. I get most peoples' complaints about it though. My feelings are that S2 is probably going to blow S1 out of the water now that we have the origin stories for DD/Kingpin out of the way.

Column_sl

shitlord
You've gotten a bit incoherent here - what are you trying to say ?

The costume *does* have eye lenses on it, although that's presumably more because the armor guy assumed he needed them. Still, letting people know daredevil is blind reduces the suspect pool by 99.9%, so it would seem worth keeping a secret regardless no ? ;p
That just makes it easier to find who Daredevil is you nitwit. If he wasn't blind that suspect pool goes up astronomically. Even if that was his intention to make people think he is blind as Daredevil he is ultimately failing since Melvin Potter who was in close proximity to him even thought he could see...

FYI Sticks is know with the Hand. It would pretty damn easy to find out who Daredevil is since he wasn't exactly hiding when he came to the orphanage...

Sterling

El Presidente
I'd say I mostly enjoyed this but it was pretty uneven. It was fine, but I do feel like it should have been better. Hoping the other series are good.

Ganthorn

N00b
That just makes it easier to find who Daredevil is you nitwit. If he wasn't blind that suspect pool goes up astronomically. Even if that was his intention to make people think he is blind as Daredevil he is ultimately failing since Melvin Potter who was in close proximity to him even thought he could see...

FYI Sticks is know with the Hand. It would pretty damn easy to find out who Daredevil is since he wasn't exactly hiding when he came to the orphanage...
I think you are reading his stuff backwards. He is saying it is a GOOD idea to have eye holes because if he had no eye holes it would give away the fact that he is blind.

Column_sl

shitlord
I think you are reading his stuff backwards. He is saying it is a GOOD idea to have eye holes because if he had no eye holes it would give away the fact that he is blind.
The kids backwards. He should have wrote "so itwouldn'tseem worth keeping a secret regardless no ? ;p" Instead of "so itwouldseem worth keeping a secret regardless no ? ;p"

Not one section of the series does it say anything about Daredevil wanting people to think he was blind while he twirls around like a gymnast with perfect aiming.

This was too excuse some sloppy ass writing...