Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy GOTG from Square Enix

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Don't think Steam's sale starts until the 24th, and they only sell the Xbox version on MS Store.
Yeah, I'll likely end up pulling the trigger on a console version, or maybe I'll wait until the Christmas sales.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I'll likely end up pulling the trigger on a console version, or maybe I'll wait until the Christmas sales.
My guess is Steam/EGS will end up being $39 like the digital console versions, while the best overall sale will be getting a physical PS5/XSX copy for $30 at Amazon, GS, BB, Target, etc.

Vorph

Physical copy prices have dropped even further to $25, for anyone who was still on the fence at $30. It's going out of stock quickly at this point though, and you might not be able to get a PS5 copy (but the upgrade from PS4 to PS5 is free).

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So I cheated on my backlog challenge * Just * a bit and bought this because of the sale - however, I knew I would beat my backlog game Fenyx today which I just did - and now I can play this from start to finish and next Backlog game for challenge will be Dark Souls 2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Played a bit up to chapter 3. Watched both movies to prep ha. Awesome so far. This music is right up my alley too!

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fantastic game. Was only 17.5 hours for me so if you aren't a huge fan, definitely wait a bit. Great story. Good game play. Definitely worth a play through. Hopefully it gets a sequel.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got it for $30 a few days ago and am probably about 10 hours in so far. Such a great game. I feel like I’m playing a movie. So much banter and dialogue. It’s never quiet. I’m pleasantly surprised!

• 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
So weird that you gain “exp” from battles, but then max out all your characters barely half way through the game. Same with upgrade currency. I bought all the upgrades about the same time I stopped gaining battle experience points, so now all the fights and currency hunting are pretty pointless (unless something else happens soon that I need to unlock more of after chapter 14). At least the story is interesting.

• 1Like

Vorph

So weird that you gain “exp” from battles, but then max out all your characters barely half way through the game. Same with upgrade currency. I bought all the upgrades about the same time I stopped gaining battle experience points, so now all the fights and currency hunting are pretty pointless (unless something else happens soon that I need to unlock more of after chapter 14). At least the story is interesting.
No, that's the end of having to hunt for upgrade materials and xp doesn't matter either since the fourth ability for each character unlocks with story progression. Still have to keep exploring if you want all the costumes and collectibles that unlock conversations on the ship though.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I figured that was probably the end of it. Just seems unusual to max everything out so early, and I wasn’t even trying that hard to hunt down every resource in each level.

Vorph

For anyone who passed on this because physical was $25 and digital was $39, Walmart has the Xbox digital version for $25 right now.

• 1Like

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just finished it myself over the holiday weekend. ~22 hours or so. Best $40 I've spent on a game in a while. Went in w/ super low expectations and judged Starlord prematurely based on the trailers. Was blown away by this. The environments are what I thought were really unique. They were all vastly different and actually felt alien. Amazing pacing as well. It kept you in each chapter just long enough.

Like many of you have stated, I'd agree that the combat was the weakest part. However, once you gain all 4 abilities for each guardian, it actually felt pretty good. I think if there were a few more and the cooldowns were reduced, while increasing MOB HP, it would be perfect. I found myself waiting often times, and if the CD's had maybe 5-10seconds off their timer, or a way to reduce them I would have zero complaints on that front. Highly recommend, even at full price (although no reason to w/ Steam holiday sales).

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
I'm just starting this but I wanted to note I was given 1 month of free Disney plus for buying this on steam and having my SE accounts linked. Cool benefit that I havent seen mentioned

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok just finished this up. Definitely GOTY for me. Such a great game! Hope they make more like this.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't planning to, but for $25 I went ahead and grabbed this. Reaaaaally looking forward to it

• 1Like