Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy GOTG from Square Enix

spronk

FPS noob
GOTG is coming to gamepass 3/10

100% worth it, I plat'd the game last year on PS5 and it was one of my top 3 of the year

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
GOTG is coming to gamepass 3/10

100% worth it, I plat'd the game last year on PS5 and it was one of my top 3 of the year

Lightning Returns is worth a look for anyone who liked FF13-2 or Majora's Mask. It's a hybrid of the two and once it makes sense, it's a great RPG.

I still haven't gotten to GOTG but I can't wait.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
GOTG was fun, but felt it was a bit shallow and repetitive near the end. I did enjoy the stories and characters.

Amazing deal now on GP.

joz123

Potato del Grande
GotG has probably the best visuals for a console game so far. The different planets looked great in resolution mode.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
GotG has probably the best visuals for a console game so far. The different planets looked great in resolution mode.

I played it, and have played HZD:FW and Elden Ring. I'd say the latter two beat GotG handily, personally. It's pretty but the othe two are just stunning. ER especially due to their world designers... some amazing vistas.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Elden Ring totally nails the art direction, even if the actual visual resolution / light effects are a step down compared to Demon's Souls Remastered. Art direction can totally save a game visually.

I've been playing things in performance mode pretty much all the time, but I do like turning on resolution mode every so often to check out a vista in 4K. I used to never mind 30 FPS but now I'm used to 60. I think Scholar of the First Sin on PS4 was the game that woke me up to 60 FPS being stunning.

Is GOTG better off on resolution mode? I.e. is the FPS fine / not as big of a deal as it'd be in Souls? Cause I'd love to play a game in resolution for once.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Elden Ring totally nails the art direction, even if the actual visual resolution / light effects are a step down compared to Demon's Souls Remastered. Art direction can totally save a game visually.

I've been playing things in performance mode pretty much all the time, but I do like turning on resolution mode every so often to check out a vista in 4K. I used to never mind 30 FPS but now I'm used to 60. I think Scholar of the First Sin on PS4 was the game that woke me up to 60 FPS being stunning.

Is GOTG better off on resolution mode? I.e. is the FPS fine / not as big of a deal as it'd be in Souls? Cause I'd love to play a game in resolution for once.
I played through all of GotG in resolution and it's a steady 30fps which is fine. There's not really any split second timing for parry or anything so it didn't matter to me. The game looks amazing in resolution.

• 1Mother of God

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I finished GotG last night on the PS5, and I really enjoyed the game. I liked the story, humor, and game play. Not sure why people hated on it.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I finished GotG last night on the PS5, and I really enjoyed the game. I liked the story, humor, and game play. Not sure why people hated on it.
Did people hate it? Thought it was pretty thoroughly praised and its issue was not being based of the MCU movies resulting in low sales.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I thought it suffered from avengers game being so bleh and being lumped in with it due to being a marvel thing.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I don't remember anyone hating on this one, just the Avengers game.

I still haven't gotten to this. It's been in my top 3 or so shortlisted games for four months now, but something else always supercedes it.

Since I'm pretty sure I'll get to it soon, any protips to keep in mind when I do?

spronk

FPS noob
its SUPER easy to miss collectibles in the game, if you want to 100% the game you pretty much have to follow a collectibles video or whatever to not miss any. No matter what you have to play at least twice (not the entire game but a big chunk of it) due to multiple paths.

Great game though I really enjoyed it, don't forget its on gamepass now

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Yeah I don't remember anyone hating on this one, just the Avengers game.

I still haven't gotten to this. It's been in my top 3 or so shortlisted games for four months now, but something else always supercedes it.

Since I'm pretty sure I'll get to it soon, any protips to keep in mind when I do?
Turn the option on that skips the QTE's.

• 1Like

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I played a few hours and could see it was HQ, but overall it was not my type of game. I just moved onto other things, no hate.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Started this up, a couple hours in. It's a spirited game with a lot of heart and I like it, but it also feels very generic and mainstream. Like designed to appeal to everybody rather than having any main focus or taking any risks. Like I'm not even sure if I'll remember it a year from now. But hey, I got it for Christmas and have been wanting to get to it, so here we go.

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
Just finished this game ... the voiceovers in German are really good, I really enjoyed it, the combat is not the best but the story and the dialogs making it easy up for it :)
In the middle of the game I was no longer missing the cast from the movies at all, asking me right now - I would prefer them over the actors