Marvel's Iron Fist

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, that drunken fight made me think of Jackie Chan. Realistically though, I guess there's only so much you can do with martial arts to keep the story interesting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
JJ/Luke and now Iron Fist just..ug. At least DD was mostly enjoyable. I probably shouldnt have watched Iron Fist right after binging on Into the Badlands. The fighting in that series was insane.

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
I guess if I was going to order them:

Daredevil Season 2: Punisher Storyline
Daredevil Season 1
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Daredevil Season 2: Electra Storyline

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I guess if I was going to order them:

Daredevil Season 2: Punisher Storyline
Daredevil Season 1
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Daredevil Season 2: Electra Storyline

I kinda agree with this but id swap IF and Electra =/

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am at like episode 11 now so far I do like it but as the Danny's monk friend said danny is a terrible iron fist. Still the whole series is like an old time kung fu movie story. There is no compelling villain because the story is not really about him fighting anybody but his own inner demons so he can become his true self the iron fist. I think they would have been better off having a few less episodes and condense things a bit but I think it does work mostly for what they were aiming to do. I am just not sure that is what people were expecting/wanting them to do.

• 1Like

Caliane

I wouldn't go as far as Power Rangers, also I've started to like all the different styles... especially the drunken style one guy had.
that was really poorly shot. we should have had alot more of that drunken boxing style stuff. Like, if this was done right, the "tournament" where he fights 3 matches. the poison girl, the twins, and the last guy.. would have been 3 entire episodes themselves. like ninja scroll or some shit.
But yeah, the camera work and lightning for that drunken boxing was awful. Because it used such regular camera work... it just looked like a guy on the street pretending to drunken box. ridiculous.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Finished it last night, and while I was mildly entertained throughout, I find it difficult to really point to anything I loved about the show other than Colleen Wing. The actress that is, not necessarily the character. I have never had yellow fever, but I would go all in for her.

I almost feel like they intended to have a running theme of the show be that he's essentially a 10-year-old boy mentally, which would explain how fucking retarded he is about EVERY SINGLE THING, but then someone came through and cut every reference to that storyline out. Because you can see a few times where they kind of mention it, and he definitely acts that way almost the entire series, but they don't use it enough and don't offer any other explanation for why he's fucking retarded. I know we were supposed to pick up on this a little, but it clearly isn't the main reason he's so dumb. I don't know what that reason is, but it isn't because he is mentally a child.

I actually liked Ward about the most of all the characters on the show, just because he wasn't a cardboard cutout like everyone else.

• 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I actually liked Ward about the most of all the characters on the show, just because he wasn't a cardboard cutout like everyone else.

The guy playing him did a bang up job to.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
While it's possible to nitpick the shit out of this like you can anything really. The shows cardinal sin is that it's boring as all hell and the things that anchor the two sides of Dannie's struggle, (family Rand Corp, Kun Lun) are left entirely up to the audience to bridge that divide.

Also they sure as fuck don't know how to use flashbacks.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
that was really poorly shot. we should have had alot more of that drunken boxing style stuff. Like, if this was done right, the "tournament" where he fights 3 matches. the poison girl, the twins, and the last guy.. would have been 3 entire episodes themselves. like ninja scroll or some shit.
But yeah, the camera work and lightning for that drunken boxing was awful. Because it used such regular camera work... it just looked like a guy on the street pretending to drunken box. ridiculous.

Yeah, that tournament was rough. Fighting a guy and then suddenly 'i should run away so we have a different setting to fight in, oh this room full of scaffoldings his weapon can get caught on works'

I've just got the final episode left tonight.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Fight with Harold was lol. I hated that part the most.

• 2Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm on episode 8 now, and the actor playing Iron Fist seems to have gotten a little better at striking. But his horse stances are absolute garbage (it takes four years to get a decent horse stance) and apparently he skipped elbow strike day (they come out wobbly and are slow).

• 1Like

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
Most of the actors on this show have poor form so it's probably more of a direction issue. I could deal with the neutered Iron Fist powers if every damn move on this show wasn't so slow and telegraphed.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If feels like you can see them setting up their opponent for the next move, particularly in one of the battles with Wing you can really notice the victim helping line up for a throw. If you are going to have that kind of thing then you need to cut the scene to make the action feel more frenzied and less like well...acting.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
It's funny how
They end up learning Harold was given immortality by the Hand, but when Bakuto's body disappear they are like "oh, goons must have taken the body in the last few seconds we weren't watching".

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Its funny how the lack of common sense is just running rampant in this show as well.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So did Marvel decide to just phone it in with the fight scenes in this series? They are really... really... bad.

Interesting that so many of you think DD was the best Marvel Netflix series so far though. It's been the only one I couldn't finish. Couldn't even make it past 3 episodes of season 1. Foggy and Vampire chick bother me so much I can't even enjoy the good parts of the show. Those 2 characters make that show completely unwatchable for me.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's funny how
They end up learning Harold was given immortality by the Hand, but when Bakuto's body disappear they are like "oh, goons must have taken the body in the last few seconds we weren't watching".

Harold didn't just pop up, he was dead for a couple days before he came back.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So did Marvel decide to just phone it in with the fight scenes in this series? They are really... really... bad.

All signs point to rushed into production so they could make their deadline for Defenders. Finn Jones remarked he had less than 6 months to prepare for the role.

• 2Like