Marvel's Iron Fist

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Well to be fair, first failure through 6 episodes. I'll admit that's not encouraging, but I'm still going to binge next weekend.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Well to be fair, first failure through 6 episodes. I'll admit that's not encouraging, but I'm still going to binge next weekend.

Ya, same. I am still gonna go through it. I wonder if people are also being a little more critical since all the other shows have been excellent. I thought Luke Cage was good overall but the first bit before Diamondback shows up were stronger then the end.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I thought Luke Cage was good overall but the first bit before Diamondback shows up were stronger then the end.
No kidding, I'd rather a show end with a bang than the let down that was the end of Luke Cage.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
yup, headline I saw earlier said t was Marvel's first failure

Some random Warner Brother's exec will read that and get all teary-eyed trying to recall their first failure from the blur that is their handling of their comic book properties.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm still gonna give this a chance. I read most of those reviews and a fucking ton of virtue signaling going on about a white actor and Asian culture blah blah. Netflix has earned enough of a reputation with me to give it a shot.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Kun-Lun? Check. Danny Rand? Check. Martial Arts? Check.

I'm fucking all in. Between this and the return of Samurai Jack next week is going to be fucking sweet.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
It was bound to happen with all the netflix series having those pacing issues that it would congeal on one of the new shows, just glad it wasn't Punisher series. Never watched Dexter but read a lot people saying that Scott Buck did the bad seasons of it and now he's in charge of Inhumans, might end up seeing a shake up if Iron Fist gets seriously panned when its released.

Cybsled

Well, there is always hope that the Punisher series will save things ;)

• 1Solidarity

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Maybe this will be the push they need to finally drop all their future series down to 6 - 8 episodes. I've loved them all so far, but they've all kind of dragged on and had pacing issues due to their length.

• 2Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I don't think they really had a clear vision of what to do with Iron Fist. They knew they needed to have him for the Defenders but there's likely a reason he was the last series they worked on.

It seems almost like a rehash of the less entertaining aspects of Daredevil Season 2, hopefully there is some redemption in the back half of the season.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
After seeing a few more reviews I am willing to bet this isn't as bad as it is being portrayed. 95% of the bitching seems to be centered on Danny Rand being white.

• 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Given that Danny being white is canon that seems awfully retarded.

• 2Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
OMG, 9% on rotten tomatoes? That score is reserved for the worst of the worst.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I dunno if I can believe this is worse than the last Fantastic Four.

That FF movie is the worst movie I can remember ever having seen. And this is rated around that level.

I thought all Marvel did was crap golden eggs.