Marvel's Iron Fist

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
If anything he will be the hulk of the defends because they will not give him another solo series

Iron Fist and Power Man both had their their titles canceled numerous times. But they had a better run when they were in the same comic. Individually, they just aren't that interesting. They do better on a team. They did a great job with LC of establishing a great supporting cast. I'm having a hard time liking anyone in Iron Fist. He's a retard, and they are all unlikable. I hope that this can turn around by ep13.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Finished it. Kept my attention better than JJ and DDS2 but in the end the lack of a real compelling villain hurt.

I think that's why DD S1 was good, the Kingpin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Im super let down, i cant help but wonder where this show went from. Was it from conception? casting? terrible dialogue and impossible situations and circumstances? The interactions between the characters were the worse of any marvel /anything/ ive seen outside of that first hulk movie. Its like they did everything they could to make you literally hate the iron first which is what i did by the end.

4.5/10 worse marvel picture since i saw Ang Lees Hulk and wanted a refund.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Just finished ep 4 and yeah it's pretty damn slow. They could have tied in some backstory of his training and what happened on his road being rescued to the iron fist, I know every one does the flash back scenes these days, but it probably would have helped here.

ep1 putzing around trying to get people to see who he is.
ep2 still putzing around in the mental hospital trying to get people to see who he is, but finally shows the iron fist at the end of the ep, still haven't shown who what when where the power is from.
ep3 finally shows a bit of the monk training.
ep4 hallway fight, the hallmark of fights as seen in daredevil and luke cage, comes off a bit meh. Takes 38 floors to beat up 3 guys in the elevator, captain america beat up how many military guys in less that time in winter soldier in his elevator scene. Danny just comes off as a regular karate dude, not a master.
Can already tell 13 eps was probably too long of a run, and 10 would be better. The asian master is cute, and looks like they're using her to add in some more fighting.
No real bad guy to fight, although he's basically surrounded by those, and the secret organization which doesn't really show up till ep4.

Still ok so far, hope I can make it to 13 ep, couldn't for luke cage.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
a_skeleton_02 sums it up well. I could have overlooked the terrible writing and bland plot if they fighting was up to snuff with even average Kung Fu films.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rikkon

Lord Nagafen Raider
I enjoyed it although there were some glaring negatives:
-too many episodes
- poor fight choreography
-lack of a conpelling villain
-Danny was kind of a putz
- not sure about his "superpower"

Irrespective of the laundry list above it was more enjoyable to me than Luke cage or Jessica Jones

• 2Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I don't understand how anyone can say this was better than Luke Cage. At least Like Cage had some interesting characters. I can't think of any in Iron Fist.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
The second half of Luke Cage with the magic bullets and the most terrible villain to grace a Marvel Netflix show (which is really saying something), really hurt Luke Cage...I liked the Colleen Wing and I actually thought the actor who played Ward did an amazing job.

I think they should have gone full mystical and made this Kun'lun vs the Hand. No new York etc. Spend time establishing who and what the Iron Fist is.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
The most surprising thing about this series is that people didn't like Jessica Jones.

I thought JJ was amazing almost as good as DD.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
The most surprising thing about this series is that people didn't like Jessica Jones.

I don't know what made me not like JJ, but it just bugged me. I can't really put a finger on it.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>

I was really pumped for JJ because I love super heroes and I love detective noir. JJ did neither well. I was massively disappointed. The villain was terrifying in some ways and yet his ambition was so shallow it nuetered the show some. If the show was 10 episodes instead of 13 it would have been much stronger.

• 1Like

Cybsled

After watching tonight's Into the Badlands episode, it is clear this show could have used their fight choreography ;p

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I liked JJ more than Luke Cage really, i loved the villain more than i did in LC or Iron Fist. The fight scenes in this series are shit compared to like....anything else lol

• 1Like

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
  • 1Like

Cybsled

I liked JJ more than Luke Cage really, i loved the villain more than i did in LC or Iron Fist. The fight scenes in this series are shit compared to like....anything else lol

JJ started slow, but once they really started to involve Killgrave, it became remarkably better. LC had a decent start, but really kind of took a dump post-Cottonmouth.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Lots of people are hating on this show, but I haven't been the slightest bit bored while watching it. Yes, the fighting isn't as good as Daredevil, but I still enjoy watching the show. I'll finish it tomorrow. I like how the father suddenly has all 10 fingers again. It's like they forgot they had him cut his finger off.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Lots of people are hating on this show, but I haven't been the slightest bit bored while watching it. Yes, the fighting isn't as good as Daredevil, but I still enjoy watching the show. I'll finish it tomorrow. I like how the father suddenly has all 10 fingers again. It's like they forgot they had him cut his finger off.

it reappeared when he came back to life. there was even a moment where he looks at his hand.

anyway, i finished it. It was fine. All you people hating on it are just unhappy human beings devoid of joy.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
  • 1Like