Marvel's Iron Fist

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finished this yesterday while my daughter was home sick all day. It's better than season 1, but the villain is as equally insufferable as Danny Rand. Overall is just has a resounding "meh"-ness about it. Also, tye very last, scene looked like it was going somewhere cool but ended on the dumbest shit ever. Never really read his comics so not sure if that was something that happened or could happen, it was just played off poorly. Fuckin McWestern Asian trained whitey...

I think davos and the way he acted did help show a mirror to danny until he realized he needed to step back from the iron fist until/unless he could get his head straightened out. First step to getting better is recognizing you have a problem and davos was basically just the logical conclusion of the path danny was on.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I thought season 2 was so much better than season 1 it was almost mind boggling. It reminded me of season 1 of DD.

Caliane

Just starting this.

Typhoid mary is more typically a Daredevil villain/girlfriend. She does have deep ties to the the Hand though, as one of his lovers/villains.
Shes a mutant with telekinesis, and split personality.

Kung fu master insists on just punching things with magic hand is infuriating. Even the intro makes him look retarded with kung-fu moves.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
It was fine, I guess?

Between Daredevil, Punisher, and Luke Cage, this is the worst. Daredevil/Punisher are must-watch, but as someone who knows nothing about Iron Fist, this series is largely forgettable.

Caliane

Pirate queen and Fisherman story is from the comic.

Wu Ao-Shi (Character) - Comic Vine
the Immortal Iron Fist #2 2006
ifwuaoshi13.jpg

Last edited:

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Liked this a lot better than Luke Cage s2 and the piss poor JJ S2. Maybe because they didn't drag the season out, I dunno.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Just finished the second season, while the fight scenes were marginally better than S1 the story was mostly retarded and made me scratch my head about the decisions the characters were making. The only person that felt real at all was Ward.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Season wasn't bad at all. Like most marvel Netflix show there is just too many side stories that don't need to be there. It could have been done in 8 episodes and it would have been a really tight story. For some reason I'm really excited to see the adventures of Danny and Ward next season. Ward is a really great character and I'm rooting for him to become a better person.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'll agree in that Ward is an interesting character and honestly the only reason I survived season 1. Holy shit, a character with depth, growth, stuff actually seems to affect him, and he doesn't respond one dimensionally. When people act out of character he responds appropriately (like his sister being a cunt and fucking Danny over). Seeing him in the last scene of season 2, that setup was amazing... But then they splurged dumb donkey dick cum all over it with iron fist bullets, which was especially offensive when they played if off like the audience would flip their shit thinking that was the baddest shit ever. It wasn't. It was dumb as fuck. If he simply iron fist smashed the bullet in mid air, that would have been an appropriate transition. "Cool, he got his power back, but how?" Instead, oh good he can power bullets, insert massive eye roll on top of the shit CGI and improbable bullet trajectories. That shit totally trashed whatever good graces I had for the season.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

it was probably "better" then s1. but still has major problems.

as stated, Ward is the best character. Colleen is the second best.. Danny is useless, and not very interesting. He doesnt make up for it by kicking ass either. theres a real problem when you can write the main character right off the show. Do the showrunners not like Danny as a character?

The iron fist, treated constantly as a "punch good" power is retarded as well. this is kung-fu, not boxing. throw some kicks, elbows, etc... Other characters get the power, and THEY just fucking throw retarded punches... sigh..

Chi bullets is pretty dumb, because how do you go back from that?

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Can't get myself to watch this, kinda feel like just watching the last episode and then looking forward to Daredevil.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
A significantly better season than the first, but completely ruined by the last 10 seconds. What the fuck.

I could barely finish JJ season 2, stopped Cage midway, and I only stuck with this due to Colleen & Ward, and hope that Mary would do some cool shit. Daredevil better be awesome again.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Watched it. Fapped to Thyroid Mary. Enjoyed the kung fu shenanigans. Laughed at how awful the ending was. Though I do want a full spinoff of Ward's Adventures In Asia.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
The ending concept is strait out of the comics with Orson Randall. The handling of it with the slow mo cgi was poor though.

Thought s2 was great, but I was one of the few who liked s1 for what it was. I know a lot didn't like the take on his character, but it made sense to me and the fighting doesn't bother me because I don't know any better. I'm not a martial arts master.

Ward is definitely a highlight for the show, and I'm glad they're integrating Misty Night into the story more. I just don't understand why they won't put him in a mask?

I hoping for more Immortal Weapons in s3. I know they kind of put the Bride of Nine Spiders in already, but I want some Dog Brother, Fat Cobra, Prince of Orphans, and most of all Tigers Beautiful Daughter!

So ready for Daredevil s3

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Better than the first season, Luke Cage, and second season of JJ. Not as good as Daredevil or Punisher.

Having said that, Joy's rationale for hating Danny was dumb, all the mafia members preferring to use martial arts over guns was silly, and all violent sociopathic felonies the teens committed that were brushed away as just good kids in a tough situation was completely wtf.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Bah, considering how much better season 2 was over 1, it sucks. I wonder since it's cut free from Netflix if it could show up on the new Disney streaming service.

Was definitely better than JJ season 2 or Luke Cage.

• 1Like