Marvel's Jessica Jones

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Turned seson 2 off after 15 minutes. Shit was like watching Law and Order.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
I finished the season a bit ago, largely I agree with most here. Season1 set the bar high and Season 2 while not terrible didn't come close to being as entertaining as season 1 was. Trish sucked, I liked the Hogarth arc more than anything else this season. It's so weird seeing most of the other characters be so one dimensional but then they show such a range on a supporting character and it was done well.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just finished this. I really like because I really enjoy Jessica Jones the character and her arc. Season 2 was not as good as the first one because there was simply nothing even coming close to Killgrave as a character and everything he brought to the show.

I agree with others, Trish was just awful and her arc was just stupid. Horgarth was somewhat more interesting but totally detached from the rest of the show.

So not as good as season 1 but enjoyed purely for Jessica herself.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
This was awful. Take a bad ass antihero with an amazing villain and personal growth for both herself and her supporting cast, then throw it in a dumpster and set it on fire for Season 2.

The best was the very last episode. MOM YOU WAS GONNA KILL MY SISTER. MY FAMILY. MY BEST FRIEND. Fast forward 40 minutes TRISH HOW COULD YOU? YOU KILLED MY ONLY FAMILY. Like really? Who wrote this garbage. She had zero invested in her mother for the entire season, even after learning who she was, but after mommy murders a few people because of anger issues and "brain damage" which Jessica KNOWS about she still acts like a Stockholme syndrome baby when someone puts her down? Don't get me started on the handgun shot through the fucking brain from 80 feet away aiming upwards at a Ferris Wheel Gondola and the physics involved in that. Did she murder JFK too with bullets that can bend reality?

This season way, way, way overdid it on the girl power cheerleader crap. All the male leads were one dimensional tools (even my main man Malcolm couldn't do anything but bumble around in Jessica's presence, but when he was on his own he acted like a normal person) and hell most of the female leads were power tripping 1-D toolbags too. This season reeked of "mommy is best" as Trish runs back to her abusive as shit mother which was NAILED down and FIGURED OUT in Season 1 but let's bring that thread back because we need parallels to make us sympathize with Jessica's murdermom? Look Jessica if Trish can forgive her mom for what amounted to sex trafficking a minor and acting more like her manager than her mother, surely you can forgive your mom for brutally murdering Simpson for reasons unknown, a random thief who she literally tore apart, an innocent cop woman just doing her job, and a few more I'm sure I'm forgetting. Oh wait, her boyfriend too - you know the love of her life she named her practice after? Yea good job mom.

Speaking of murder, how daft is the police that Jessica can break into a crooked prison guard's house, they SHOW what looks like an active security camera in the house, then Jessica murders the dude in self defense (which you can't murder someone in self defense when you are B&E'ing just FYI, that's just called murder) by smashing his night stick into his brainpan, and THEN dropping him off the side of a building and praying that a) no one saw this b) cops didn't bother to do ANY investigating or autopsies or ANYTHING that we as tv-loving junkies know based on watching JAG, COPS, NCIS, LAW & ORDER, SVU, and every other cop show that would have pointed a big fucking flaregun that the dude was murdered by way of traumatic head injury from a blunt force object before splattering on the pavement.

But no worries, we get one good Ep of Killgrave being her good angel/bad angel and telling her it's okay, even though you've definitely killed people in season 1, with no ill effects to your psyche, the strange torn up feeling she has right now about killing a guy who obviously deserved it shouldn't weigh on her soul any more than I dunno Luke Cage's wife whom she punched her heart out in the first few seconds of S1E1? She made it through that and instead having the continuity of her character preserved from S1 to S2 we have a completely new Jessica Jones who is whiny, weak (seriously, she struggles to lift people out of a burning car), absentminded (she literally, literally accepts a job from Hogarth and then promptly ignores it entirely for the reason of the Season), indecisive (in S1 she made up stories, reasons for being where she was, and a litany of other things on the spot because she was SHARP), and most importantly she was void of that devil may care spark that defined her.

So yea, in conclusion this season pushed lesbianism (seriously, every girl who Hogarth interacts with she has sex with, even apparently non lesbians like Inez) girl power (Except for you know the main girl, who they turned into a sniveling kid pawing after her mommy), and drove most of the good characters into the dirt with shitty lines and shitty storytelling. Who wants to watch a superhero TV series about girls with mommy issues? I looked at my wife as soon as they started talking about how this "powered person" was angry and said "I hope to shit that isn't her mom, because that's just stupid." But sure enough it's her mom. OH and let's not forget the best part, her mom's anger issues magically solved why Jessica had anger issues (which you know, she didn't have until S2.) Sure she could pound a bottle of Jack back each day and she didn't let people get close, but you know you can relate because it's her SHITTY childhood with her SHITTY stepmom. No wait, wait, sorry, she was born that way? Who fucking cares at this point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm one of the few that just didn't get into the hype of Daredevil. It wasn't bad, I was just bored senseless for both seasons outside of the scenes with the Punisher. I really enjoyed Luke Cage, even though it was like four miniseries crammed together. Iron Fist was fucking stupid drivel, with an annoying main character, ridiculous plot lines, but it ventured into the territory of being so silly it nearly breached into campy. Defenders was mostly boring but those last two episodes were worth it.

Jessica Jones season 1 set a bar significantly higher than all the rest. Killgrave and the reality of her plight had weight. Season 2 was way too heavy on background characters, a disparaging plot overall, mommy issues, and visions of Killgrave felt forced, but overall still felt it was a decent season. I chewed through it pretty quickly.

• 1Solidarity

Rime

<Donor>
No mid-season slump, like most of the Marvel shows have had. I enjoyed the Hogarth story and Malcolm. Jessica and her Mother were... grating lots of the time. Holy fuck, Trish's story was hot garbage. Drug the entire season down from a 6.5 to a 4 in my opinion.

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm one of the few that just didn't get into the hype of Daredevil. It wasn't bad, I was just bored senseless for both seasons outside of the scenes with the Punisher. I really enjoyed Luke Cage, even though it was like four miniseries crammed together. Iron Fist was fucking stupid drivel, with an annoying main character, ridiculous plot lines, but it ventured into the territory of being so silly it nearly breached into campy. Defenders was mostly boring but those last two episodes were worth it.
I'm with you on Daredevil. His moral handwringing over beating the shit out of people was fucking exhausting. Cage I also enjoyed - I think they nailed the aesthetic and the casting is perfect. Most importantly, any dude that bangs both Misty Knight and Claire Temple is beyond reproach.

Iron Fist is bad, yeah, but I can watch Colleen Wing physically exert herself all day.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Jessica Jones season 2 began today. Nice!
So I watched the very first episode of season 2 way back when I made that post. It's been a little over a year and I'm finally watching Season 2. Currently in episode 4. I'm enjoying it, and forget what kept me from watching the first time around. As it stands, this started me not watching Netflix Marvel shows, so I have a lot to catch up on. Glad it's still online, at least.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Wow, they dug deep and grabbed Foolkiller as the villain.

foolkiller_marvel_comics_spider_man_salinger.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, just finished season 2. Overall I liked it, but the end was weak. Oh well, still enjoyable. Trish bugs me.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone watched season 3? Rare that a marvel show releases and we don't have a single comment lol

• 1Like

Cybsled

The fact you know there won't be a follow-up season or other MCU shared universe shows on Netflix probably puts a damper on it. I'll probably get around to it eventually.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Anyone watched season 3? Rare that a marvel show releases and we don't have a single comment lol

I'm a couple of episodes in so far. Seems pretty decent so far. I've just been too busy to binge.

The fact you know there won't be a follow-up season or other MCU shared universe shows on Netflix probably puts a damper on it. I'll probably get around to it eventually.

Because of all the cancellations that came around the Jessica Jones people were able to set an ending. So at least it's not left open like the other shows.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It was listed once on my main page when it was new, since then I haven't even seen it in my suggested list... keep forgetting it waa released. After season 2, I wasn't exactly hopeful for a splendid season 3.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It was listed once on my main page when it was new, since then I haven't even seen it in my suggested list... keep forgetting it waa released. After season 2, I wasn't exactly hopeful for a splendid season 3.

It got no press cuz Netflix is just burying it. They see it as their last FU to Disney.

• 1Like