Marvel's Jessica Jones

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Comparing this to a Lifetime series is actually perfect. I don't know who edited this, who did the music, who wrote the script, etc but it absolutely feels like a Lifetime series. It's like they decided to fuse all the worst parts of the other Marvel Netflix shows with "This is Us".

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Onigen

Golden Knight of the Realm
This was so unbelievably boring season to watch, made me want to stop so many times. Maybe it's not the greatest of ideas to not have a good (or any) villain in a "superhero" tv-show and taking 13 diversity hires for directors, makes for a disjointed show.

• 1Solidarity

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Just finished it. Actually quite enjoyed it although it was definitely weaker than S1. I thought the first half of S2 was quite good, but the second half felt somewhat repetitive.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I liked it. JJ gets mindfucked as always. Nice little touch at the end for Hellcat intro.

And Kristen Ritter is still hot. So very very hot.

• 1Solidarity

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was an interesting choice of how they went this season. But I guess it makes sense to give JJ a very noir storyline. If one is expecting super hero action stuff though this is not the season for you.

• 1Solidarity

Caliane

Trish's gaining powers choice is bizarre. Really makes her character kindof terrible.

Comic version.
Trish was star of romance comics. later, resents her fictionalized childhood. Meets Beast(of the xmen) while working at Brand industries. Is inspired and naturally gifted in martial arts, decides to join the Avengers. then, is taken by Moondragon to train on Titan(as in Thanos of Titan). There is trained, and enhanced with alien tech, which augments her natural latent physic abilities.

Then, she marries the son of satan, who turns evil. goes insane, and begs for death. ends up in hell with mockingbird, fighting Mephisto. and then is resurrected. her main powers are havinga supernatural "radar".

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This was awful, boring, slow, the ending was stupid. By far the worst Marvel offering yet, I regret watching it.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Huh, enjoyed season one and was going to fire season two up over the weekend but after these reviews I guess I'll pass.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Comparing this to a Lifetime series is actually perfect. I don't know who edited this, who did the music, who wrote the script, etc but it absolutely feels like a Lifetime series. It's like they decided to fuse all the worst parts of the other Marvel Netflix shows with "This is Us".

All women directors and writers--turns out like lifetime melodrama series/movies.

Sounds about right, actually.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed the 2nd season enough. I just like the character. There are so many polite super heroes that having one that is rude is fun. Its why Deadpool is one of my favorite super heroes. If you go into season 2 thinking this will be a "super" hero show then you will be rather disappointed. To me Jessica Jones does not even fit the formula for Super Hero. She is ...strong. That is all she is. Its the attitude that sets her apart. In a nut shell, the show is the bionic woman with attitude and regular hearing. I do wish that the other Defenders would make cameos a little more often.

Season 2 could have been a lot better with more of a villain than mommy but I still enjoyed it enough. Maybe now that we pretty much know her whole life story, we can get back to a better story arc that revolves around more elite people. The life time comment does a good job of summing up how the season felt.

As the world turns, these are the days of Jessica Jones...

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I enjoyed the 2nd season enough. I just like the character. There are so many polite super heroes that having one that is rude is fun. Its why Deadpool is one of my favorite super heroes. If you go into season 2 thinking this will be a "super" hero show then you will be rather disappointed. To me Jessica Jones does not even fit the formula for Super Hero. She is ...strong. That is all she is. Its the attitude that sets her apart. In a nut shell, the show is the bionic woman with attitude and regular hearing. I do wish that the other Defenders would make cameos a little more often.

Season 2 could have been a lot better with more of a villain than mommy but I still enjoyed it enough. Maybe now that we pretty much know her whole life story, we can get back to a better story arc that revolves around more elite people. The life time comment does a good job of summing up how the season felt.

As the world turns, these are the days of Jessica Jones...

If there is a S3 a big part of it is going to revolve around Trish (now Hellcatl), and maybe more of Trinity Owns the World. Though I would like them to mash the next Luke Cage and JJ series together. JJ finds out Dr Stealsalot is going to make Diamondback happen, and goes to warn Luke. They team up to take him down or what the fuck ever. Lots of things get smashed. Maybe some ninjas show up. Keep the soundtrack from Luke Cage, some of the story elements from JJ. Use the excuse to lets some super powered mayhem go down in Harlem.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I finally finished up season two. Overall it was pretty solid. It really hits all the old school noire hard drinking fuck up PI stories pretty well. The fact that there is not really any big bad guy or true villain was an interesting choice just a lot of somewhat broken people who made bad choices.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I loved the first season of JJ. It ranked right up there with Punisher for me.

This season was nails on a chalkboard bad, and I couldnt help but finish it anyway hoping some of the season 1 magic would return. And I sat there watching episode after episode where the entire story arc was something like "Jessica and her friend have been mad at each other but they make up and watch a movie together". Then got to the end and realized the entire goddam season was "Jessica is mad at mommy and they work through it together".

Mother fuckers. When you are writing a fucking super hero show and you find yourself writing story arcs that are literally nothing but girls working through their girly feelings, you need to quit your job and go back to lifetime TV.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I commend your willpower. I didn't last through episode 2.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
None of the Netflix Marvel shows have been good for a while. Think I'm done with them. Not even going to bother with this.

• 1Solidarity

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
None of the Netflix Marvel shows have been good for a while. Think I'm done with them. Not even going to bother with this.

I think I'll probably watch another Punisher season but yeah, kind of feeling the same. Not at all looking forward to stuff like Luke Cage or whatever else they have in the works.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Figured I'd wait til the end for my thoughts, given it took a couple of weeks, that's obviously not a good sign.

Overall I think it was kind of 'eh'.

I mean, is there a single thing that happened in the show that wasn't the result of a relationship problem ? Maybe the convenience store robber, although I'm sure in the story notes it has his backstory as family drama of some sort.

Tenant's character from s1 was original, interesting, and well acted. What did the idea session for this season sound like ? "Ok so they are super strong right, but they like hurt innocent people because of uncontrollable rage and they are like really conflicted about that. What's that ? Like the Hulk ? No, no, this one has tits and is like a mom and stuff, it's totally different. "

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
Finished the season. That first episode had so much promise - meaningless sex, enough bourbon to kill a yak, Jessica unlawfully maiming that Cheng fool. Then it spiraled downwards ... no real villain and some extremely annoying arcs involving Trish and Hogarth.

Especially with Trish, who is on the path to becoming Hellcat in S3 - aside from her deserving WAY worse a fate than scoring some powers, she was just a fucking drag in every scene she was in and the most poorly acted of all the characters IMO.

I'll still watch the fuck out of Punisher and I also enjoyed Luke Cage enough to give that a second go.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I enjoyed it. Wasn't great. Better than Ironfist by far. JJ is well and truly one seriously broken human being. She self medicates and debased herself with just about anyone. Not ironically, she does the men's room stranger sex while having saved Trish from the same act when JJ was a less broken version of herself. Not standard comic shit and I enjoy that. As for Lifetime similarities, I wouldn't know. Why y'all watching Lifetime anyway?