Marvel's Jessica Jones

Caliane

havent watched it yet. But, holy shit this is embarrassingly shot. how do you do worse FX then the CW? (and acting..)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Holy fuck they went full throttle with the platitudes right from the start. This was one of the few Marvel shows that hadn't done that. Guess I won't be finishing this season.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Season 1 was shit except for Dr who as the vilian. Sjw or whoever didnt feel like pushing this since there is no big narrative for women superheroes

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finished the season, barely. What a complete waste of a show. I went in with managed expectations and I was still disappointed. I can't think of anything good in this season.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Bummer reviews. The first season is one of the better Marvel Netflix series. Guess I have a disappointing weekend ahead of me.

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
JJ had the best villain by far but also she's acted well and is a good "hero" to watch. I get really sick of the boy scout complex and platitudes in the other Netflix shows. DD himself isn't like that but his two sidekicks certainly are. Punisher is great because anytime someone tries to tell him to be more like a "real hero" he just tells them to fuck off.
I found DD's running Catholic guilt, higher ground bullshit tiring. One of the more satisfying sequences was seeing him chained up on a rooftop by Punisher while they debated the finer merits of their own versions of justice.

JJ and Punisher are great, looking forward to both second seasons. I don't mind Luke Cage. I think the rest is shit.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well get ready to be disappointed by JJ season 2. Right from episode 1 they decided to abandon that formula and went with the overwhelming hero guilt and annoying sidekick. Trish talk goes right into the "I wish I had your powers so I could help people! You need to do better!" routine.

• 1Like

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
I identified the problem with JJ s2: It's just a Lifetime series w/superpowers

Caliane

oh, cracked aquarium scene. this is going to be cool!

.... off screen. "splash" sound effect. Not even shots of aftermath, or heroics saving people..
Incompetent. everyone involved with S2 is utterly incompetent.

opens ep6 with her outside chasing the bad guys fleeing. shes perfectly dry.
after giving up... she drops her cellphone into a bag of rice to "dry it out", as if she herself wasnt already perfectly dry...

unreal.

Last edited:

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well get ready to be disappointed by JJ season 2. Right from episode 1 they decided to abandon that formula and went with the overwhelming hero guilt and annoying sidekick. Trish talk goes right into the "I wish I had your powers so I could help people! You need to do better!" routine.
Well shit. Does she still drink bourbon like a motherfucker? That's almost half the reason I identify with her.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

you can skip iron fist and defenders. punisher is must watch though

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
opens ep6 with her outside chasing the bad guys fleeing. shes perfectly dry.
after giving up... she drops her cellphone into a bag of rice to "dry it out", as if she herself wasnt already perfectly dry...

unreal.

I'm pretty sure her legs were wetish, but not soaked. I was happy that when they showed her wet phone that they didn't have it magically working later.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I don't think any of the Marvel stuff on Netflix is a must watch. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed some of it, but none of the Marvel Netflix stuff compares to Legion on FX .

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I probably agree with that. The first JJ season and both DD seasons are pretty good. Despite how much I wanted to like it, I think Punisher was only OK. All other seasons have been pure trash. Legion is a true mindfuck.

Rime

<Donor>
Every Marvel show on Netflix seems to have a very bad 'middle slump', things just drag on and on, including Punisher.

Hell, even Defenders, which was only 8 episodes, suffered from it.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I identified the problem with JJ s2: It's just a Lifetime series w/superpowers

Realized this halfway through, it feels like a 'regular' show with some peaks that wouldn't make it on TV.

With 2 episodes to go, it feels really uneven...

really needed some david tenant cameos earlier in the season, as a lingering demon, sated briefly when she somewhat accepted mom into her life, then let it turn up to 11 around where I'm at now... at episode 11 w/ the lab blowing up after Patsy gets the treatment that hopefully will give us Hellcat.

I really hate the casting of her mom and the doctor. I love Leoben, but he's a cylon to me in everything, can't help it.

j00t

I probably agree with that. The first JJ season and both DD seasons are pretty good. Despite how much I wanted to like it, I think Punisher was only OK. All other seasons have been pure trash. Legion is a true mindfuck.

i enjoyed all of punisher immensely, though i completely understand the middle slump being unappealing for a lot of people. we'll see if it rings true in s2, but i think the middle subplot was much more of a response to possible public derision due to recent publicity of gun violence. remember, they were filming this DURING the vegas shooting. they had to make it very clear that frank is not a mass shooter, and they had to make it very clear what his opinion of mass shooters is. for a lot of us, especially those of us who have grown up with the punisher, we're pretty clear on that point. but there are a lot of others who aren't. And even if it was heavy handed and somewhat derailed the main plot, i understand why the people in charge would push so hard on that issue.

but again, if it happens again in s2, then that's just evidence of all netflix marvel shows having a really weak middle

• 1Solidarity