Marvel's Jessica Jones

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It would be sort of the direct opposite of a sociopath because if she was a sociopath she would simply have gotten on a jet and left the country and never looked back. Why bother taking any risk fighting killgrave at all if one is a sociopath they would not give a crap what happened to anybody else or that he was still up to his tricks.
I said "more like" not "exactly like". She gives zero fucks about all the people Kilgrave kills. Deaths that she could have prevented if she was only willing to let Hope get a 15 year sentence. It's really not a huge deal. It's simply lazy writing. It happens all the time. Hopefully next season they'll do better.

It's not like I'm the only fucking person in the world who had a few issues with how the show played out.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Bro I'm sorry you didn't like the show or whatever, but she clearly cares about the people he kills and hurts. She's all fucked up about it, can't even attend the meetings, drinks sooooooooo much all the time. The show had problems but come on. I think they did enough to hammer home that she is fucked up by the choices she has to make IRT Kilgrave and the things her inaction allow him to do.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Daredevil was much better. Was all said before but theres no consistency with their powers. Super frustrating and eye rolling. Glad am done, was getting hella bored but wife wanted to keep goin.

edit: the strongest part of this serie: the lesbo secretary cleavage shots in all her scenes.

watched 3 epi. good actors. bad writing. good visuals. ...not good enough to warrant finishing and i regret watching the 3rd epi. i'd prefer if this wasn't about superpowers.
if jj was a man i think i would care even less. this show is for girls imo.
the problem i think is netflix in general. from their limited stuff i've seen, it's watchable (above avg) but not worth watching.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I enjoyed other netflix stuff. Daredevil and House of card are right up there for me. But this? Holy fuck, what a drag of a show.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Just finished this up... Meh, it was ok but not great

I don't really see the complaint about her powers being inconsistent. She's strong. That's it. She doesn't have super skin like Luke or anything to prevent her from being harmed. She can get injured just like a normal person, getting cut, shot, hit by 2x4s and knocked out or whatever. I feel like she can dish out a hell of a beating but can't really take one much better than any normal human would(except she did mention that she heals a little faster than normal, but it's not like Wolverine insta-healing). Seem reasonable that in a fist-fight someone normal could do some damage to her(as long as they got it in quick before she ended them with her super strength) She's all offense, no defense.

But yeah, the acting was a little hokey at times and the fight scenes were just AWFUL, talking network TV awful. Why could they not have used Daredevil's fight choreographers at least? OR did they and it's just that they were limited with a female lead not being athletic enough to make the stuff look close to believable?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
She does have some defensive power, otherwise she wouldn't be able to go toe to toe with Luke Cage. One hit from him and the fight would be over otherwise. And there are other instances where she withstands more than a normal human could.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
unless you are one hit with a 2x4 wielded by a small woman. then you drop like a sack of potatoes for hours

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, a punch from Cage would knock a normal person's head off. She does ok with that and getting thrown through a wall by Nuke and whatever else, but a board to the head from that couch potato crazy chick from upstairs straight knocks her out. That whole thing of the revolt of Kilgrave's victim was contrived and stupid.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
When she was shot it looked like it didn't even break the skin, she just had a nasty bruise.

Also, the van hitting her would have easily killed any normal person.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Like Joeboo said, the figh scenes were so abysmal. My problem was 2 fold: 1) i was expecting fight scenes of the same quality that daredevil showed us. 2) am watching into the badlands. That show is spoling me so hard for what fight scenes on tv can be.

Sorry but punching drywall doesnt do it for me anymore. Was aight when Arnold did it. Now ? /yawn

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just finished this. Thought it was pretty good, enjoyed it. I'm not sure where all the power level changes you guys are complaining about were. I didn't notice any real differences in power from one episode to another unless the person was hurt already.

One thing that really bugged me... from like episode 4 on I kept asking "Why the fuck isn't anyone who knows about his powers wearing headphones?". Figured they would explain why that wouldn't work. Nope, final episode and blonde talkshow host is wearing fucking headphones so he can't "get" her. You have got to be kidding me....

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I said "more like" not "exactly like". She gives zero fucks about all the people Kilgrave kills. Deaths that she could have prevented if she was only willing to let Hope get a 15 year sentence. It's really not a huge deal. It's simply lazy writing. It happens all the time. Hopefully next season they'll do better.

It's not like I'm the only fucking person in the world who had a few issues with how the show played out.
Why are you watching super hero shows when you clearly hate such common super hero conventions? You think Kilgrave's body count compares to the joker's?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Why are you watching super hero shows when you clearly hate such common super hero conventions? You think Kilgrave's body count compares to the joker's?
Kilgrave is far more dangerous than the Joker. And Jessica Jones is not Batman. She has zero problem with murdering Kilgrave once Hope is dead. Her reason for not killing him until then is contrived to draw the story out. I enjoyed the series but that one point annoyed me. I felt it could have been written better.

While trying to prove Hope's innocence she didn't make any personal sacrifices, she sacrificed the lives of others.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just finished this. Thought it was pretty good, enjoyed it. I'm not sure where all the power level changes you guys are complaining about were. I didn't notice any real differences in power from one episode to another unless the person was hurt already.

One thing that really bugged me... from like episode 4 on I kept asking "Why the fuck isn't anyone who knows about his powers wearing headphones?". Figured they would explain why that wouldn't work. Nope, final episode and blonde talkshow host is wearing fucking headphones so he can't "get" her. You have got to be kidding me....
there are several examples that were pointed out earlier in this thread. lifting a car with one hand, jumping into the air hundreds of feet, landing on your feet from hundreds of feet and crushing the ground suggests somebody with the strength and stamina of pre-flight superman. then getting conked the fuck out with a 2x4 from a doughy hipster chick. somebody with the massive strength of jessica jones, that 2x4 would just bounce off her head, she would have barely felt it, if at all.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm down to the last couple of episodes and enjoying it overall, only thing that jumps out at me randomly is the whole 'and then someone grabs a blunt object and knocks the other person out' thing that seems to be the resolution for a number of scenes.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
there are several examples that were pointed out earlier in this thread. lifting a car with one hand, jumping into the air hundreds of feet, landing on your feet from hundreds of feet and crushing the ground suggests somebody with the strength and stamina of pre-flight superman. then getting conked the fuck out with a 2x4 from a doughy hipster chick. somebody with the massive strength of jessica jones, that 2x4 would just bounce off her head, she would have barely felt it, if at all.
I don't agree with what you're saying but I'm guessing you've all already had this argument so whatever.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Wrapped it up today, good stuff, really looking forward to Luke Cage.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't agree with what you're saying but I'm guessing you've all already had this argument so whatever.
It's really not worth arguing over, I'm not mad, you? I understand they can't have JJ become a tank because drama, but they have to keep it consistent. Either she can lift whatever jump wherever or bounce bullets whatever. Do that and still let her take simple human powered hits to the head. Have her jump up to balconies and still have enough strength to climb over the railing. Nobody is asking for 24/7 beast mode. Just consistency.