Marvel's Jessica Jones

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
After getting some distance from the show after finishing it, I'd say DD is better overall. But, it has more/better action sequences tied in with the story, and a 'real crime' type feel to the villain rather then a drama/psychological feel. Kingpin is very smart, but very brutal as well, and you almost feel for the villain in many ways.
Most people that are drawn to these shows, and marvel comics in general, tended to like DD more. It was a gritty TV version of his comic self.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I prefer DD. This was OK for the most part. The one thing that really irritated me though was when scrawny crazy bitch from upstairs managed to knock JJ out for hours with a 2x4 in a sloppy scuffle. Yet, she manages to fight the likes of Luke and Simmons or hit by a truck and only get bruises or broken ribs and keeps going? I also agree it was a few too many episodes long.

I do like the quirky side characters in both DD and JJ, and hope they actually have Microchip in Punisher.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I really enjoyed this show. I completely agree with all the comments about inconsistent powers. But at a story level, it just didnt matter -- the story hooked me anyway; what a great villain and what a great dynamic between hero and villain.

Its funny how strongly it contrasts with Daredevil. These are two of the dumbest and least interesting superheroes ever created for comic books. Show me someone who claims to have been a daredevil fan from comics and I'll show you a liar. Both heroes are complete yawnfests on their own in the comics.
Apparently you've never heard of Frank Miller.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
so it's a virus that goes through the air....wat about scuba...maybe some earplugs.

Sulrn

Deuces
Or a Walkman and a hoodie pulled over your head so you can't see what's going on around you even though you're clearly the most valuable person to the main character and there is no logical reason why you don't get shot the moment the hoodie is down and you're revealed not to be JJ.

/rage

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Or a Walkman and a hoodie pulled over your head so you can't see what's going on around you even though you're clearly the most valuable person to the main character and there is no logical reason why you don't get shot the moment the hoodie is down and you're revealed not to be JJ.

/rage
My favorite part of that was JJ popping up in the balcony directly above her and in sight of the cops. No attempt to utilize the diversion or anything. Apparently the plan was to have her walk in, distract them, and she'd just climb down in plain view behind her.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't really get all the nitpicking about shit like that. You know Jessica Jones is a woman right? Seems about right for a master plan concocted by a chick.

Sulrn

Deuces
I'll admit bad writing and plot armor get under my skin regardless of the sex/gender of the character it surrounds.

Picasso3

But then she got to jump like 50 feet over them in the air while they just watched her until she took off running again then they could shoot, that was close..

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
My favorite part of that was JJ popping up in the balcony directly above her and in sight of the cops. No attempt to utilize the diversion or anything. Apparently the plan was to have her walk in, distract them, and she'd just climb down in plain view behind her.
Just finished the show and came to this thread with the same complaint. I was surprised to not see it until this last page - maybe I skimmed past it.

Other than the "It's Patsy!" payoff, that scene was a real dud when JJ shows up *behind* Trish. WTF kind of plan was that?

I was not able to finish Daredevil and was only able to finish this show because David Tennant.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Finally finished this. It started fine, but by the midway point I was bored with any scene not involving Kilgrave. And, like others are saying, the final couple episodes were cringe-inducing with all the stupid people doing stupid things. I think I'll avoid the next season unless it gets a lot of great reviews about how it has improved. I definitely preferred Daredevil.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Without kilgrave the show has no point of existing. I really hope they just roll in to defenders/heroes for hire after luke cage / iron fist. 1 good season for each as an intro then the whole ensemble together as a regular seasonal series

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
That was OK for a first season, I also found faults in the episodes but nothing that was a major turn-off.

The makers did a lot right...

The casting was on point for me.
The acting was solid.
This was a good adult comic book translation to TV.
I didn't get an overall feel of lazy writing or crap plot devices.
All the characters that have a supporting or major role have something interesting about them. I liked them basically (in they are interesting to watch).

I will give season 2 a go should that happen. Looking forward to Luke Cage and Iron Fist series should they make them. And ready to watch DD season 2 in March.

For me I would give it a 7 out of 10.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
It has already been renewed by netflix for a 2nd season. Probably wont be out till sometime in 2017 however.

j00t

Finished it with the wife the other day. I didn't mind it, but as soon as kilgrave started having more of an upfront role, it just pointed out how much better of an actor he is than anyone else. On top of that, it was a great role. You could see how much fun David Tennant was having.

With his absence in season 2, I'm just not sure what there will be to latch on to.

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
I can't take shows seriously where a 90-pound anything has super strength and can forklift bad guys. That and the story was kinda lame.

Netflix knows how to showcase some interesting villains though. Two of them now where I could relate to the bad guy. His parents WERE shitheads.