Marvel's Luke Cage

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
the music and soundtrack are the best characters in this season. Bushmaster is a great villain. The rest as Rolling Stone said, "It's at best 3 to 4 episodes of content stretched to 13."

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Have 4-5 to go, had no idea until a random person on Twitter pointed it out that Camanche is former NFL running back Thomas Jones.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This was a great season... but that last episode, what the fuck. Not sure I like the direction they're setting things for a season 3. Would be kinda OK if this was the end of the series.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
This was a great season... but that last episode, what the fuck. Not sure I like the direction they're setting things for a season 3. Would be kinda OK if this was the end of the series.

I'm not that worried. He's trying to be the "Sheriff of Harlem" and what happens makes sense in that regard. It also solves some other issues he's had during the two seasons. I believe it will set up as a plot point leading into season 3 and also unfortunately don't think it will be his long run solution. Rosario Dawson , I believe, said she is kinda done with the Marvel Netflix series, so I wouldn't expect that to come back.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Luke Cage and Jessica Jones were married in the comics, so Rosario's gotta go at some point.

Her only role is tying the various shows together anyways, and after the Defenders they've all interacted with each other and their minor characters so she's completely unnecessary.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Watched the first 2 episodes. I just really wish these Marvel TV shows didn't have such cheesy dialogue constantly.

I have not been able to get through the first episode due to the dialog. Also, the actress that plays the big bad bugs the hell out of me.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Finished this up last week. I seriously hope they go with the Hero For Hire thing over the shady deals and gangsta shit for the future.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Finished this up last week. I seriously hope they go with the Hero For Hire thing over the shady deals and gangsta shit for the future.

From what I have gathered from info here and there is that they probably won't do more than have them do an episode or 2 on the others show. Like what they did here with Iron Fist popping up for an episode. Probably has to do with contracts and money. They aren't even sure they will ever do another Defenders at this point. I think it may be more likely we get a Daughters of the Dragon one shot season.

Caliane

Luke Cage and Jessica Jones were married in the comics, so Rosario's gotta go at some point.

Her only role is tying the various shows together anyways, and after the Defenders they've all interacted with each other and their minor characters so she's completely unnecessary.
Comics change to match the TV shows and movies. never the other way around.

Caliane

got to this now. in fact, even was able to go back and finish s1, first.

Def a bit too long again. but not as bad as last season. it was more watchable, even if a bit silly how we kept seeing the same fights over and over.
That Godfather homage was a bit over the top. "tell claire to go home" was a enough. Shutting the door in Misty's face was too much.

I was kindof expecting the power vacuum plotline to lead to the reentry of the Kingpin.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Season 2 certainly suffered in the latter episodes without Rosario's presence, but it was definitely significantly better than the first season. Coherent. Season one kinna had extra episodes when it could have ended after 6 or 7. They've definitely lined it up to be a disappointing season 3 and 4 and 5 like Arrow, given they've played all the cards they could, leaving a character in a place that does no befit him. Curious to see if they put this kind of effort into season 2 of the cheese of Iron Fist, since Jessica Jones S1 was amazing, S2 being a hang over, Defenders mostly boring save the last couple episodes. I didn't particularly care for the Daredevil series, but I'm very curious about his plot line after a building falls on him. All of them together, and the isolated storyline of semi super heroes outside the massive Marvel conglomerate is interesting and intriguing. I liked how they called out "the big green guy" in this season. Subtle, but connected. Luke Cage has his district. He's not defending the planet. Brings it down to earth, even though in reality that kind of power could certainly encompass and protect much more than lowly shit hole Harlem. They even went so far as defining his powers - speed, strength, damn near liftoff vertical... The throwback to Thor to Captain's shield was also a nice touch. Patty cake. Also the Powerman references from the comic. The DC New 52, Action Comics also dealt with Superman continually destroying his shirts, which was nicely portrayed here.

I still wonder where they're gonna go in season 3. He can't be contained to Harlem, as much as he'd like to pretend to be. Also daughter Mariah is likely to fill those shoes, and I bet the storytelling to put her there instead of doing what she'd actually do (go and do her own thing) ends up being portrayed in another bullshit scheme to defend shit hole New York. Alas... I'll still watch it. Maybe.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I thought it stayed pretty boring all the way through. Too much drama. What does it say that you thought the Iron fist was a pick me up when he showed up.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nothing.jpg

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought it stayed pretty boring all the way through. Too much drama. What does it say that you thought the Iron fist was a pick me up when he showed up.

What it needs is Black Dynamite magic, the flare to get this show going, the creators of BD should work on this show.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Do they keep JJ or just collapse all 3 non-DD shows into Defenders/H4H? Hmm, forgot Punisher. That needs to stay for a few more seasons. <3

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user