Marvel's Luke Cage

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
WTF did Pookey do so much crack from the Carter that he's now a super villain?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I just hope that the villain isn't shit this time around.

Villain looked pretty good in the trailer. I'm on board with Luke Cage getting his ass kicked in hand to hand combat for a whole season.

Sterling

El Presidente
Villain looked pretty good in the trailer. I'm on board with Luke Cage getting his ass kicked in hand to hand combat for a whole season.
Yeah looked fine. Season 1 was going along pretty well until the villain reveal which was just made worse since it was following up Kingpin and Killgrave from DD/JJ. Even Cottonmouth was fine until the suit and all that shit.

Cybsled

H2H makes sense since Luke isn't invulnerable from concussive/blunt force injuries. Much better than "magic alien bullets lul"

Cybsled

First season was good until the 2nd half, so hopefully they learned their lesson this time around.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone know who the big black guy that was singing at the club in episode 4 of the new season is? He was really good!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Anyone know who the big black guy that was singing at the club in episode 4 of the new season is? He was really good!

Christone "Kingfish" Ingram

Apparently he's an 18 year old up and comer. His album is coming out soon.

I personally am enjoying all the reggae songs thrown in this season.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Just finished this. I think this was much better overall than season 1. My main gripe comes down to the Luke Cage character himself. Not sure if I liked the way they progressed him and how the season ends.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’m 5 episodes in and really enjoying it so far.

My main issue right now is that it feels to me that Luke is the least interesting character on the show.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Watched the first 2 episodes. I just really wish these Marvel TV shows didn't have such cheesy dialogue constantly.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
It's not bad but it's not great either. The soundtrack is getting me through episodes because it's a solid 10 in the music department. Fewer episodes would make it a lot better.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Few episodes in and holy shit is this cringey and pandering.

Seriously, having him do a scouting combine narrated by Jamele Hill in order to get a shoe contract? Was this written by adults?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This season is boring as fuck. I think Rolling Stone put it perfectly - this is 4 shows stretched into 13.

Man I agree. Im on like 8-9 now? And fuck, this shit just drags on and on. I think I fell asleep a few times this weekend watching this shit. I dont think I missed much. At least the villan is better this season.

• 1Solidarity

Haus

<Silver Donator>
We're on 11 and the wife and I have been enjoying it.

With that said we've had to ignore some glaring plot holes.. and nonesensical shit.

My only gripe is that even though they have toned down a lot of the heavier handed SJW crap it makes it when they do throw a jab it it's more obvious and sounds a little more contrived.

So far the Danny Rand I have seen is INFINITELY better than he was in his own series OR the Defenders, which gives me some hope. And I still have a litany of things (about half of which might not be legal) I'd do to Colleen.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Enjoyed it, but still not DD/JJ good. The music and how it is used is really the star of this show (as in S1). Actually enjoyed Bushmaster a lot. I also thought they did a good job with the Powerman & Iron Fist episode. This version of Danny Rand I didn't hate and I am really hoping that Danny has finally "found himself" and the character stops being abysmal. Juice/Shades is just cringeworthy.