Marvel's Midnight Suns

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
i jammed through the game the past week, just felt like playing something different and i've never been a big xcom guy. i enjoyed the combat but the story is bad. not quite aids level forspoken or saints row 2023 but just generic soulless blandness and the game gets pretty weak in the last few hours, you could tell it got rushed to market. i really did enjoy the turn based card play and the "vibe" (world building) of the game, Lilith is the baddie so kinda neat seeing so much demon stuff rolled into Marvel.

Did like most of the playable characters, but makes sense the game flopped hard since I imagine Marvel Snap is an infinitely better card game. After I play through an RPG or two I'll probably check out an Xcom game next.

I finished the game with like 67 of 72 trophies done but the rest require a bit of grinding.

When it drops free on EGS, PS+, gamepass, etc i'd say good for 5-10 hours and when you've had enough of the card play I'd just uninstall, it never really gets better than the first few hours.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I got this game on some sale a while back, maybe 3-4 months ago? Yeah anyway I like these tactical RPGs so this was my jam. But the thing that sucked was this was 2 different games. One had you do those sweet tactical battles with the card system, and the other had you looking for shit in your back yard. Only if they spent as much time adding more battles to the game rather than the shitty backyard search, this would have been so much better.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I got this game on some sale a while back, maybe 3-4 months ago? Yeah anyway I like these tactical RPGs so this was my jam. But the thing that sucked was this was 2 different games. One had you do those sweet tactical battles with the card system, and the other had you looking for shit in your back yard. Only if they spent as much time adding more battles to the game rather than the shitty backyard search, this would have been so much better.

This is one of those games that would really benefit from a rogue-like/lite mode DLC of sorts. I enjoyed the combat, but I have no desire to ever play the "full" game again.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This game would have done much better as a 30 dollar title with all the pointless third person downtime bullshit cut out so that it's just menus and card combat.

You ain't wrong! I suspect a lot of the issues with the game had to due with the core of the X-Com team quitting en masse to go form another dev studio, leaving them with mostly dregs to continue work on Midnight Suns.

I'll probably check out an Xcom game next.
"We gave up X-Com 3 for this" is probably the sad truth. Or even worse it will be some horrific monstrosity where they try to shoehorn it halfway into another genre that completely bombs and kills the franchise like what happened to Dawn of War and Command and Conquer.