Marvel's The Inhumans

spronk

FPS noob
First Online Reaction to 'Inhumans' Pilot Described As Scott Buck's Worst Work - MCUExchange
some nerd said:
Simply awful. I’m so disappointed since I generally love everything Marvel does. But this is absolutely terrible. The dialogue is atrocious. The fight sequences are shockingly choreographed. The sets (or more-so the obvious green-screen) aren’t that crash hot either. It’s only saving grace is Lockjaw who is adorable. As one of the few people that actually liked Iron Fist, I can easily say that this is Scott Buck’s worst work yet.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
In case you need reminding of just how scathing that review is: Scott Buck wrote the finale of Dexter.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The full measure of it's scathing is in the quoted section: "As one of the few people that actually liked Iron Fist, I can easily say that this is Scott Buck’s worst work yet."

The author having liked Iron First would make me question their taste on this or anything else has the trailers not fallen relatively flat so far.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

I'm probably harsher on it than it deserves. There were elements of it I liked myself enough to stick with the show all the way through but it did become a slog. But the Danny Rand character wasn't one of them unfortunately which sorta robbed it of any payoff for the time I spent resisting the urge to just stop watching.

Last edited:

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think Danny rand was just badly cast. They needed someone with a martial arts background. His lack detracted a lot

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't necessarily think they needed someone with a martial arts background. They just needed to actually properly train and choreograph the actor. From what I've read, the show was so rushed that Finn Jones was literally learning routines 15 minutes before the scene was shot. Hopefully his fighting is better in The Defenders, a show that's not rushed and has a competent showrunner.

• 1Worf

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It had to be fast and cheap. Late last year, IMAX went to Marvel and said, "Hey, we have 2 weeks in September with nothing to show. Want to make something for it? We'll even help finance it!" And then Marvel had about 9 months to put a show together from scratch. And unlike other television shows, there was never an option of pushing it back in the case of production problems or things weren't working out. Whatever they have by September they're stuck with, otherwise they'd be facing down IMAX's lawyers. Hence, Scott Buck. Who better to do "fast and cheap" then the guy who just got finished doing a rush job on Iron Fist due to needing that out before The Defenders?

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I think Danny rand was just badly cast. They needed someone with a martial arts background. His lack detracted a lot
Really, they just needed to have him adopt the costume (or at least the mask) so that a stuntman could come in and do the action scenes.

Sterling

El Presidente
Really, they just needed to have him adopt the costume (or at least the mask) so that a stuntman could come in and do the action scenes.
Or actually just train the guy appropriately. And have someone that's not a terrible writer take a look at the script.

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Lewis Tan (guy who played the drunken master in IF) should have been iron fist. He was supposedly in the running for the role, he can fight and has a lot more charisma than finn jones.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Lewis Tan (guy who played the drunken master in IF) should have been iron fist. He was supposedly in the running for the role, he can fight and has a lot more charisma than finn jones.
Isn't that the dude that went all "white guy Iron Fist is racist." Cuz, fuck that guy.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Isn't that the dude that went all "white guy Iron Fist is racist." Cuz, fuck that guy.
I've never seen him say anything like that. I've seen a couple of interviews where the interviewer tried to push him in that direction and he didn't take the bait. He does comment on how hard it is to get work in hollywood as a big half asian guy who wants to be an action star. You can read that to be about racism but it's also easily believable reality so.....

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Marvel’s Inhumans Apparently Won’t Stick Around In IMAX For As Long As We Thought

The original announcement stated that the first two episodes would be released on IMAX for two weeks, starting on Labor Day weekend. Now, it seems that Inhumans won’t be easily available on the big screen for as long as we thought.

Here’s what’s happening. Inhumans will debut in IMAX on August 31 as planned, giving consumers the Labor Day holiday weekend to head to the theater and check out the two-episode event. IMAX is hosting the event at many theaters across the country from August 31 to September 7. Then, starting on September 8, it will be a lot harder to find Inhumans on IMAX. It seems that IMAX is bumping Inhumans from its lineups a lot sooner than expected.

There are a couple of reasons why IMAX might have made the decision to reduce the number of Inhumans showings after the first week. A big factor is probably the upcoming release of IT, which will hit IMAX theaters across the country on September 8.

So, IMAX completely financed the two episodes they're going to play because they needed to fill a two-week gap, and now they're saying, "Um, you know what, we actually found something else to play the second week..." That doesn't sound like they have a whole lot of confidence in this.

Royal

With the negative buzz this thing has going it won't be able to put butts in seats for two weeks. A lot of theaters would have pulled it after one on their own anyway.