Marvel's The Inhumans

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The whole 'nah we aren't planning on crossing over with Agents of SHIELD' bit makes me scratch my head. Its bad enough that all the various properties only ever reference the Avengers in their respective storylines and not each other, but having two shows on ABC that feature Inhuman characters yet don't address the elephant in the room is just weird.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Ok you've already released set photos and the pic of the main players in-costume so you put out a teaser "trailer" that is just audio (and cheesy audio at that) laid down over a pan out of the logo? Sigh ...

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
The whole 'nah we aren't planning on crossing over with Agents of SHIELD' bit makes me scratch my head. Its bad enough that all the various properties only ever reference the Avengers in their respective storylines and not each other, but having two shows on ABC that feature Inhuman characters yet don't address the elephant in the room is just weird.

Honestly, I'm fine with that. Let AoS be the spy show. Inhumans can be the intergalactic one. No crossover means Inhumans doesn't have to be as grounded and AoS doesn't have to get as out-there as Inhumans has the potential to be. Plus, if Inhumans tanks, less chance of it taking AoS down with it.

I'd also speculate that some of this has to do with the contention between the television and movie branches of Marvel. AoS is already connected to the MCU, even if it isn't as close as people would like. A crossover means Inhumans is also connected to the MCU, which is something Feige might not be too enthusiastic about. Despite Inhumans already appearing on AoS, the actual Inhumans Royal Family is something separate enough that it can function independently and not have any impact on the rest of the MCU. At the same time, it means Ike Perlmutter never has to pass anything by Feige, giving him more creative control.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Have they definitively said that this is intended to be an ONGOING TV series? I could see this just being an 8 episode mini-series, i.e. they took the movie and expanded it. They can get a bigger budget per episode that way, too.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm not really sure. The fact that the first 2 episodes were filmed using IMAX cameras says a lot for your theory, but we won't know until it actually airs. Maybe there's a cliffhanger at the end. Maybe it's just over? Time will tell.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, that was pretty sweet. It has a very good vibe. Sets and all that. If only that dumb SCOTT. B wasn't plastered across the middle of the entire thing.

Royal

So no forehead tuning fork for Lockjaw either? He still looks pretty good.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Meh. I just can't get excited for Inhumans. They all look so bland and stupid. The storyline doesn't seem to be anything particularly new or interesting, either.

I'm getting a very strong vibe of Agents of Shield Season 1 from this, which was mostly terribad and equally bland and generic.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that trailer didn't do much for me. The only things I'm really looking forward to are Lockjaw and a weird fantasy involving Crystal and her oddly hot hair with that black line. No idea why that's hot to me.

Black Bolt shouldn't be able to be beaten down by cops, but I guess he's not nearly as physically tough as he is in the comics. Fairly certain he's been punched by the Hulk in the comics. Not to mention, even that grunt he gave should have leveled skyscrapers. So we are essentially getting a watered down version of the Inhumans that really would fit in with Agents of SHIELD, not the Avengers so much. I guess maybe I should have expected that from the TV side of things, but I was all set to get tickets to the first two episodes in IMAX, now I'll just wait for the normal premiere on TV.

Goatface

Black Bolt like most Inhumans have something like 800lb to 1ton base strength,
which i guess will be little more than Cap. America
he can amp up his strength with his energy powers to Thing/Hulk levels.

toughness wise, supposed to be in same ballpark as Luke Cage, but then again guess that depends on the book.

--

was disappointed in the trailer, would have been hyped if showed him atomizing a city block.

Last edited:

Qhue

Trump's Staff

Sooo using the same music as the launch trailer for Mass Effect : Andromeda...

Royal

man this is some low budget shit, they can't even give Lockjaw his tuning fork.

It's kinda there. It's a white marking in the fur on his face that looked like it was glowing in the last trailer. The shot came and went so fast it was hard to tell.

But Medusa's hair ... no wonder they sat on showing it in motion for so long. That shit looks like 90's era CGI.

Last edited:

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Betting this won't get far, no one in their right mind gave a shit about Inhumans before even with Blackbolt circle jerkers and now that it's tied into trying to replace the X-Men which will cause this to fail even harder. What is Blackbolt gonna do just look up through his eyebrows at everyone then have one scene of him whispering with the final confrontation of him screaming at someone?

Go put this money towards something interesting like more money into the Runaways series or fund Moonknight or Thunderbolts.