Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Andromeda was a disappointment, the SJW stuff didn't bother me as much as it did people here, but the story wasn't interesting at all. The gameplay wasn't as good either

but it was still pretty decent.

Does not compute.

But yeah we know Bioware is dead. There is no more waiting to see if they are dead. They are dead. Their games are abortions. The talent has moved on. There is no need to ever purchase a game of theirs full price ever again. If you have EA access do a 10 hour trial to confirm it sucks, or sub a month to their service and then immediately cancel for another year or whenever they launch their next aborted fetus. Or a rental from Gamefly. Or at this point, wait 3 weeks and the price will be $7.99. Which is still too much to give them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I think in this day and age I won't buy Day1 after a studio has 1 or 2 flops, it usually tells the proper story of what the games will continue to be.

Odd question, has any franchise been successful after going down the tubes recently then turned it around and had better games in the next sequels compared to the originalgame? I can't think of any? Usually once the downward momentum starts it doesn't stop I think?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I think in this day and age I won't buy Day1 after a studio has 1 or 2 flops, it usually tells the proper story of what the games will continue to be.

Odd question, has any franchise been successful after going down the tubes recently then turned it around and had better games in the next sequels compared to the originalgame? I can't think of any? Usually once the downward momentum starts it doesn't stop I think?

About the only thing I can think of would be some of Ubi's games. AC3 was horrid, Then Black Flag was the best of the series. Far Cry 4 was bland, Far Cry Primal was a joke reskin, but then Far Cry 5 was written a LOT better and definitely more interesting to play. But those are fairly subjective.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

AC: Syndicate was much better than Unity, and Odyssey was better than Origins, but that’s not really the same... 2 also blew 1 out of the water, but also that’s not the same.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Every studio has flops, but Bioware had two incredibly epic flops back to back, and their game before the double flop had a bit of a mixed reception (i liked DA:I and it was fairly popular on the forum here, but then Witcher 3 came along like 6 months later and blew it out of the water)

Bioware should be an instant sign for anyone who sees it to flee the other direction at this point.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Well, if you take a good and earnest look at BioWare, you'll see that some of those people were expecting DAI to fail. It's kind'a easy to see why if you're playing through the game, too. Ya know the "Leave the Hinterlands" thing that went around? Plus some of them felt it was really lacking in story content. Which, if you're playing through the game and its 100+ hours, you'll see that it is.

It's a fucking miracle that the game got GotY. It was only propped up like that because there wasn't that much released that year.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It helped DA:I that DA2 was such a fucking shitshow that it wasn't too hard to make one better. Which I guess is what they hoped would happen with Andromeda after ME3, but they somehow fucked that one up too. I don't think DA:I was terrible though, it was ok fun, but not full price game fun. Also it didn't really do a whole lot or add much to the series, at least until the DLCs which I think reveal some big shit but I didn't buy or play them and not planning to.

They've been on a downward spiral for a while, although the games still sold decently I think until Andromeda and Anthem. DA:I apparently sold 5+millions, which is quite a solid number(although not sure how much it cost to make, these games don't come cheap). At this point though only the die hard fans would consider a day1 purchase for a Bioware game anymore. Much better to wait for a price drop and a goty/complete edition with all the DLCs much later down the road IF the game's ok, or just to ignore it.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Adding on to the fact that they've had a continuous streak of bad products, nothing you hear from a hiring standpoint or cultural standpoint from this studio should give you any cause for optimism. At least Ubisoft softened the blow in between products by showing they could at least drop "solid" titles. Bioware has dropped massive turds recently.

The gaming world was much better off when Bioware was great, but they just aren't the same entity anymore and they really haven't been for years.

• 2Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I derived a worthy amount of enjoyment from Andromeda, in spite of it's numerous flaws, but I also think me waiting to replay the first three until after I beat Andromeda had a large part to play in it. If I had just finished the original trilogy, and dived head first into 4, I think I would have enjoyed it a lot less. Hell, I retroactively enjoyed it less, after going back and replaying the first three. If they pump out another Andromeda, Bioware is done, and not just for FOH/gamer types, the company is literally going to get dissolved or sold off to whatever company is retarded enough to willing ingest video game AID's. Bioware will be the single greatest fall from grace in the industry for me, until Bethesda decides to finish going full retard.

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I derived a worthy amount of enjoyment from Andromeda, in spite of it's numerous flaws, but I also think me waiting to replay the first three until after I beat Andromeda had a large part to play in it. If I had just finished the original trilogy, and dived head first into 4, I think I would have enjoyed it a lot less. Hell, I retroactively enjoyed it less, after going back and replaying the first three. If they pump out another Andromeda, Bioware is done, and not just for FOH/gamer types, the company is literally going to get dissolved or sold off to whatever company is retarded enough to willing ingest video game AID's. Bioware will be the single greatest fall from grace in the industry for me, until Bethesda decides to finish going full retard.

How bad was going back and playing 1 and 2 with their graphics? All this talk really make me want to go back and do it again but I feel like I'll get an hour in and just hate how dated it looks.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How bad was going back and playing 1 and 2 with their graphics? All this talk really make me want to go back and do it again but I feel like I'll get an hour in and just hate how dated it looks.

The problem going back to 1 is not the graphics, it's the clunky gameplay combined with the fact that your character and weapons suck for quite a while.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah Andromeda is just a ho-hum 5/10 game for me, which is sad considering how much I enjoyed the original trilogy. Combat was fun, but everything else fell flat, just didn't have a good hook to build on like the Reapers. Makes me sad cause we don't get that many single player sci-fi RPGs, and even the latest one(Outer Worlds) left me feeling 'meh' about it.

• 1Solidarity

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

Mass Effect 1 was rough, and I did a minimum, get to the end, and beat it play through. The graphics didn't really bother me, 1 is the worst in that regard, some pretty crappy textures in spots, but the other 2 were fine and didn't bother me at all. I'd have to parrot Gavinmad on the first one being rough because of some clunk. It's weird, before I went back and replayed them, I always had this glowing memory of the first one, and remembered hating some of the stuff they changed for ME:2. But after replaying them, I must of have been high on some mold spores or some shit, the first one is still a good game, but ME:2, and the majority of ME:3 were so good. Andromeda didn't bother me because I enjoyed combat and a lot of the basic elements of the game and setting, smear some vasoline in my eyes, and try to ignore the gobs of shit they fucked up, and it was playable. It could have been a good vehicle, if they actually fixed their bugs, and had some one worth a piss writing it. They took a good way to continue the franchise and pissed it away.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
ME3 was actually great until the very ending. The ending was a goddamned catastrophe.

And really, the ACTUAL ending was the Citadel DLC sendoff. That's where they wrapped up all the stories going all the way back to the ME1. In fact, they did such a good job with the Citadel DLC that it takes a few scenes into it for you to realize they had ALL THAT IN THE GAME but decided to spin it off into a fucking DLC instead.
Played ME1 and 2 but never finished 3.

That reminds me of FO3. How Bethesda did not include Broken Steel, instead releasing it as dlc in a sandbox game, is well fucking beyond me.

spronk

FPS noob
no real shock since Bioware has literally nothing in the gas tank that would sell well from them right now - DA4 would flop miserably due to Anthem/ME:A - but

so Mass Effect Trilogy remastered will release in the next 12 months.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Remaster a way to get more fucking money out of people
giphy.gif

• 1Worf

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
The problem is they’re probably right...

I will pay money to play Mass Effect 2 again as a well done remaster.

I say this as someone who said never again after being burned to the ground on MEA and Anthem. I kind of expected Anthem to be shit, though. What happened to Andromeda was one of the most inexcusable fuck ups in game development history though, IMO.

wait and see though. I’m going to have to watch all the videos and streams and maybe even borrow it before buying, but if they just leave it alone and update the graphics and quality of life, I will definitely play 2 again. Ugh.

e; now that I’m thinking about it, I’m amazed the same studio is even allowed to have a budget to make any new titles. I can’t fathom them surviving another disaster release even one more time. Seems like they shouldn’t even survive a somewhat shitty game. I feel like they could pump out a nuclear home run of an amazing game and still have people cautious about buying their games. I definitely would hesitate regardless. I will never pay full price for another BioWare game again, that’s for sure. ME2 Remaster, sure, Ill pick it up when it’s $20 and hopefully enjoy that. I’ll give them at a shot at DA4 also if reviews are good enough. Never when it’s $59.99 on release day ever again though.

it pisses me off they never even TRIED to fix Andromeda. I bought that game and waited, waited...was sure they could atleast make it fucking playable. Then they announced they were cutting the cord so soon after. Fucking mind boggling. They could still be selling copies of that today if they fixed it. One thing I will say about Ubisoft - they fuck up a lot of games, a lot of releases, and in a lot of ways. However 99% of the time if I go back to that Ubisoft game a year later it is miles apart from what it was and is generally very good when it comes to updates and changes. Would they really have lost so much money fixing Andromeda? Time & resources? I can only imagine how fucking bad the game is for the entire studio that created it to throw up their hands TWICE IN A ROW on major AAA releases and go ‘welp!’ and on to the next one. Damn.

Last edited:

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
But ME2 already looks pretty damn good on PC. I guess this is for the console crowd? Even then...the only game that is long in the tooth graphics wise is part 1, and even that is more than playable.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users