Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Please stop paying $60 for fucking remasters. God damn you all.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
no real shock since Bioware has literally nothing in the gas tank that would sell well from them right now - DA4 would flop miserably due to Anthem/ME:A - but

so Mass Effect Trilogy remastered will release in the next 12 months.
I would be up for a mass effect trilogy remaster I played the hell out of them before. I hope they bring mass effect one combat up to mass effect 3 levels though mass effect one controls are kinda janky.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I would be up for a mass effect trilogy remaster I played the hell out of them before. I hope they bring mass effect one combat up to mass effect 3 levels though mass effect one controls are kinda janky.

While I agree ME1 feels clunky nowadays, it also gave you more freedom for your play style with all the customization options on ammo and weapon mods. I turned my shotgun into a goddamn grenade launcher by basically going full blast damage but it overheated after every shot, but that one shot could blow several enemies away if you used it well. Other games didn't have near as much RPG feelings to the inventory system, but the other aspects of the game were very much improved.

• 1Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
The mako parts of ME 1 are borderline unplayable. I don’t want remakes I want new good game’s.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, me as well. While ME1 didn't age very well, it's still playable. Kind of like Saints Row 2 is still playable. It's just janky as all fuck.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
ME1 was the best game, it actually felt like an RPG. The rest became more shooter.

Which ME was it that had like 5 dif weapons for the entire game? I remember ME1 you had hundreds of items and mods, loved every second of it even the Mako sequences.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
ME1 was the best game, it actually felt like an RPG. The rest became more shooter.

Which ME was it that had like 5 dif weapons for the entire game? I remember ME1 you had hundreds of items and mods, loved every second of it even the Mako sequences.

How many of those are you going to actually use though? Like 4? It's the illusion of choice. You have a hundred items in your inventory, but they're sniper rifle I to sniper rifle XII. I liked the streamlined approach of the later ME games so I didn't have to play quartermaster. Does anyone actually enjoy selling hundreds of garbage items to the local merchant? Why do games still have this?

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
ME1 is a perfect example of a game that is best remembered through rose tinted glasses. Hands down was my favorite until I went back and replayed it years later, and some of the tedium and clunk just does not hold up. To be fair, I've noticed this with a lot of older games, Morrowind is another golden example. I played that game for hundreds and hundreds of hours happily, but now even with every mod and upgrade I can throw at it, I can't bring myself to actually sit down and replay it because of the lack of modern game accoutrements and systems. On the one hand it sucks, because I do feel like a lot of these games keep going more and more light on the RPG elements that I love as new entries keeping getting released, but you also have to weigh that against overall smoothness of gameplay. Day one GOTY games for me these days are the ones that manage to combine deep RPG systems, with smooth gameplay and systems that all compliment each other. Unfortunately, I feel like almost everything these days can only get one or the other, not many Witcher 3's and the like.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just went through ME1 3 weeks ago and had a blast. The only complaint of course is the Mako.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I just went through ME1 3 weeks ago and had a blast. The only complaint of course is the Mako.
This is consistent in all the game’s. The mako parts are always so clunky. It’s like driving an RC car but on your computer.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My biggest concern about them doing a remake of ME1 is that some asshat will decide that it needs the lazy and retarded ME2 change to biotics retroactively applied to it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
ME1 Mako gameplay was emergent and perfect. I was like a surgeon in that thing and anyone who couldn't control it is a sub-par potato-tier gamer.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
ME1 Mako gameplay was emergent and perfect. I was like a surgeon in that thing and anyone who couldn't control it is a sub-par potato-tier gamer.
Some of us play single player RPG's because we are easy mode keyboard turners ok.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
36h95y.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Meh. Those choices really weren't fake though. Sure, maybe the adept wasn't really skilled at using the sniper rifle, just as the infiltrator wasn't as skilled using the pistol. But that doesn't make them fake choices. The same way with light armor vs. heavy armor.

It is true though, that those skills became a little more pared down in ME2. Armor choices were gone, which I hated. Gun choices were in, which I didn't really love, but at least could understand. The entire ME universe was BioWare throwing shit at a wall and seeing what stuck. ME1 and ME2, they were really good at it. By the time ME3 came out, the gloss had really started to wane, but IMO, it was a really good game. At least up until the last fifteen minutes.

• 1Like