Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, I mean, meh. The guns felt extremely weak.

I had a Scorpion (hand gun which shot out little hand grenades), and this dude I was shooting just wasn't going down. Compare that with ME3, I was taking down Banshees with the Scorpion on gold level.

I used a maxed Scorpion on my Salarian Engineer in ME3 for so long, happy times. Decoy was just amazingly fun to use as a crowd control tool.

If only half of the awesomeness of ME3 MP had found its way to Andromeda I would still be playing it now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mourg

Trakanon Raider
I'd just like to thank all you hyperbolic wankers who shit all over this game. My expectations were so low going in that I ended up having a really good time with it. I only had to mentally veto a couple throwaway lines. "No, my character did not say that stupid crap. Moving on!" The Dumpy McDerpface femRyder problem was taken care of with way too much time spent in character creation and some armor/clothing mods. More mods to fix some other annoyances like long loading times, etc. No mods to give you better companions though. Oh well, a couple of them grew on me... eventually~

7/10 would have played a sequel to this, once it hit the bargain bin. Worth the $10 easy. Despite its flaws, it still looks and feels like a Mass Effect game.
Yes, I played this a lot and haven't even done new game+ yet. Someday, probably. *sigh* Need more good sci-fi rpgs.
MassEffectAndromeda_2020_08_03_18_58_22_792.jpg
MassEffectAndromeda_2020_08_04_02_20_50_097.jpg
MassEffectAndromeda_2020_08_04_03_36_27_328.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
They improved the derpface somewhat with early patches. They didn't fix the cringeworthy conversation options but that kind of thing doesn't bother me too much.
As you mentioned it did feel like an ME game, it felt like it had a big scope, the wonder of exploring somewhere new, and the combat was the best of any ME game.
My biggest issue with ME:A is that it was clearly unfinished. The end sequence was so rushed it made me wonder what the designers originally had planned.

• 2Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd just like to thank all you hyperbolic wankers who shit all over this game. My expectations were so low going in that I ended up having a really good time with it. I only had to mentally veto a couple throwaway lines. "No, my character did not say that stupid crap. Moving on!" The Dumpy McDerpface femRyder problem was taken care of with way too much time spent in character creation and some armor/clothing mods. More mods to fix some other annoyances like long loading times, etc. No mods to give you better companions though. Oh well, a couple of them grew on me... eventually~

7/10 would have played a sequel to this, once it hit the bargain bin. Worth the $10 easy. Despite its flaws, it still looks and feels like a Mass Effect game.
Yes, I played this a lot and haven't even done new game+ yet. Someday, probably. *sigh* Need more good sci-fi rpgs.View attachment 290128View attachment 290129View attachment 290131

Would hit.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I'd just like to thank all you hyperbolic wankers who shit all over this game.

You’re welcome.

Signed 99% of the gaming consumers in the world and 100% of Canada outside of a certain office in Montreal.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Yes, I played this a lot and haven't even done new game+ yet. Someday, probably. *sigh* Need more good sci-fi rpgs.View attachment 290128View attachment 290129View attachment 290131
I bought it for 11 dollars. This game is above-average and entertaining.

I wonder if EA is going to ever make a real ME game again.

• 1EyeRoll

Zaide

TLP Idealist

EA never made a real ME game to begin with. Once BioWare sold out everything else was garbage.

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Above average my asshole. Good troll. Almost got me.

• 1Worf

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Getting rid of classes was a terrible mistake. I wasn't overjoyed when I played it years ago and it was bug-ridden and glitchy on release. There was no clear vision for what it was going to be. The conceit of going to a different galaxy let them tell a different galaxy-wide story but people were always going to be let-down without compelling iconic characters, which I don't think this game delivered. Maybe with the Trilogy Remastered there will be an interest in doing a new game or revisiting this IP.

• 1Truth!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wait. No ME3 MP?

Reason to consider touching this have just dropped off a cliff.

Eh. I had a blast with ME3 multi but I would have zero interest in starting over again from scratch. I doubt I'd want to play an 8 year old horde survival game over VT2 or WWZ anyway.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Eh. I had a blast with ME3 multi but I would have zero interest in starting over again from scratch. I doubt I'd want to play an 8 year old horde survival game over VT2 or WWZ anyway.
Yeah i went back to me3 mp because i had so much fun the first time. After one night i was pretty bored of it and looking for something new.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I mean, other than the fact that it sucks at faces and hair, which are frequently pretty important in RPGs...
Sounds like the perfect engine to develop super brave & progressive games that are 100% populated with LGBTQRSAK47+∞ ♀ ☪ NPCs and playable characters.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider

If true and they fix ME1 combat I may just fuck around and replay this. I feel like it's been long enough that if they wanted to (and were smart) they could redo the entire ending. Hell, I would give them so much props if they kept the OG ending but added another choice without telling anyone that actually wrapped things up in a satisfying way. Or idk, not be super anti climatic. It couldn't be THAT difficult and people would lose their shit.