Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

goishen

Macho Ma'am
The thing that really pisses me off about her is the fact that she's not truly a feminist. She's "woke", for whatever the hell that means, besides lifting up the most marginalized of groups and adding them to the already VERY STRONG password that is LGBTTQQIAAP. (and yes, I had to look it up)

Asari, first to take to space. Asari, first to find the citadel. Asari, first to propose a galactic council. Andromeda? All the femininity gets swept away, and the trannies and woke-ness come in. Anita's so woke though, it doesn't bother her.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
The wokeness was too timid for my taste. This is a galactic collective hundreds of years in the future, and the best they can do are trannies? There should be humans with bug eyes and antennae and other transgenic accessories.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
reddit QA tester talking about Mass Effect remaster, could be bullshit but sounds like substantial remaster work including porting all 3 games to Frostbite <>

• 1Mother of God

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Meh, just what I didn't want. ME3 scanning in my ME1. I wanted ME3 combat in ME1.

• 2Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Meh, just what I didn't want. ME3 scanning in my ME1. I wanted ME3 combat in ME1.
It sounds like you're getting both of those things?

It's what I expected, but definitely not what I wanted. Playing Adept was actually fun in ME1. In the other two games it was complete ass and if you wanted to use biotics you were crazy to not just go Vanguard instead.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
These gyus really need to get the fuck off Frostbite.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Andromeda and Inquisition had many problems, but Frostbite wasn't one of them. Bioware hiring inept fucking clowns that can't utilize an engine to do what they need, and lead designers choosing a retarded automatic face animation system was however one of those problems. The only salvageable elements of either game came from Frostbit and how good the visuals were and the open space it allowed for maps instead of being linear trash like their previous games.

• 2Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
It sounds like you're getting both of those things?

It's what I expected, but definitely not what I wanted. Playing Adept was actually fun in ME1. In the other two games it was complete ass and if you wanted to use biotics you were crazy to not just go Vanguard instead.

Meh, I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Playing my N7 Fury in ME3MP was a ton of fun. Dark Channel, Throw, and just watch as shit asplodes. As was playing the Justicar. Reave, Shield Bubble, Reave again.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I'm only talking about the actual campaign. No interest whatsoever in MP modes like that.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Andromeda and Inquisition had many problems, but Frostbite wasn't one of them. Bioware hiring inept fucking clowns that can't utilize an engine to do what they need, and lead designers choosing a retarded automatic face animation system was however one of those problems. The only salvageable elements of either game came from Frostbit and how good the visuals were and the open space it allowed for maps instead of being linear trash like their previous games.

I heavily disagree. The problem with Frostbite is that it’s a proprietary engine that when used by Dice is fine, but to plaster it for anything other than the Battlefield series is a mistake. It’s an engine made specifically for shooters, destructive environments and queued audio (audio engine is very solid) and when you need to add in other tools it takes a ton of work to engineer and integrate, because those hooks for all the other systems are not there. They tried, but it isn’t anywhere near optimized. Sure, Frostbite is great with BF. Frostbite with RPG’s is not. Every time imagine having to start with hero engine in its base form and having to code for integration rather than having it, and above that, having it optimized. Every version of frostbite breaks all of the work done before. Pretty crazy. But EA doesn’t want to play for licensing, so they force their programmers to code for it and it usually ends up being a complete mess. IE: Anthem and live dB pulls.

Fadaar

That guy
Fuck Frostbite, go UE5 with it. Blow our fucking minds Bioware, it might win you back some brownie points. Go full on FF7R with it.

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not interested in any kind of Mass Effect remake that doesn't involve a total rehaul of Mass Effect 3's storyline.

I'd buy the entire series all over again if they did ME3 the way that players wanted it.

• 2Solidarity

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not interested in any kind of Mass Effect remake that doesn't involve a total rehaul of Mass Effect 3's storyline.

I'd buy the entire series all over again if they did ME3 the way that players wanted it.

This so hard.

Also, looking at that leak, how am I supposed to be excited at the inclusion of the muppets responsible for ME:A being anywhere near an ME remaster?

Gameplay is more in line with Andromeda fluidity

If by fluidity they mean diarrhea then yay I guess.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
This so hard.

Also, looking at that leak, how am I supposed to be excited at the inclusion of the muppets responsible for ME:A being anywhere near an ME remaster?

If by fluidity they mean diarrhea then yay I guess.
Andromeda gameplay was the strongest of the mass effect games and was pretty smooth gameplay wise. It was basically everything else that was problematic. With the jump pack you could do very ninja quick moves and I had huge fun with vangoding where you could throw somebody up in the air then charge to them to smash them to earth like an angry god.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Andromeda gameplay was the strongest of the mass effect games and was pretty smooth gameplay wise. It was basically everything else that was problematic. With the jump pack you could do very ninja quick moves and I had huge fun with vangoding where you could throw somebody up in the air then charge to them to smash them to earth like an angry god.

Meh. It was also the weakest. With ME1-3 you had classes, and you had certain powers associated with those classes. With Andromeda, you had one class to rule them all, one power that pwned everybody. Rinse and repeat power.

Fucking boring as shit. I mean, jumping was fun, the first couple'a times. Then, I started to bang my head on overwalks and shit. It became less fun after that, after the first couple'a neck crunching jumps.

Last edited:

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

We must have been playing different games. Taking ME2 as an example, you had an entire galaxy to explore, random little encounters on space hulks that weren't even central to the story, exceptional classes that were only expanded upon in ME3 and the online co-op in the latter is one of the most enjoyable I've experienced in years.

They kept adding new classes with different (and interesting) skillsets as well which in hindsight was something they didn't need to do and wasn't behind a paywall. I mean, the story ending in ME3 was very divisive but comparing any of that to Andromeda with its on the rails storyline and subpar multiplayer seems a touch off.

There wasn't a single fuck yeah moment in ME:A for me at all. Your buddies in the original trilogy were awesome. Compare Liara, Garrus, Wrex, Mordin etc to Cora, Liam, Vetra (I needed to look those up because I'd literally forgotten them all). I played ME:A through once out the box and once on full walkthrough with a guide and tried desperately to play MP but gave up after a few weeks. Compare that to playing ME2 and ME3 through a dozen or so times each and ME3 MP for the best part of a year unlocking and maxing out every race and class. They seriously did not improve on anything with ME:A.

Dynalisia

Lord Nagafen Raider
We must have been playing different games.

He's talking about controlling your character and the gunplay. I agree that this is better in Andromeda than the other games, which is no surprise considering it is the one thing the Frostbite engine was made for. It is smooth and responsive and has a solid feel to it. I also agree with goishen that the jetpack jumping can be a bit much in tight spaces, but after a while you get used to what situations it can and can't handle well. There is also a mod now called "hypermobility" that tunes the character handling a bit so you have less of the annoying "realistic" extra steps your character takes when stopping, turning, landing, etc. and makes it more like Doom (not entirely).

I think that the Andromeda production staff is just fine, but the game shows all the hallmarks of a lack of critical vision governing everything. To deliver a truly great game, you need the same as for truly great products or truly great movies, namely a good director with a strong vision that doesn't accept mediocre work and doesn't accept bullying from the producers. It's clear that the creative direction more than anything is what Andromeda lacked. Casey Hudson made some serious mistakes with the series, but he also knew how to do some other things very right.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Well, I mean, meh. The guns felt extremely weak.

I had a Scorpion (hand gun which shot out little hand grenades), and this dude I was shooting just wasn't going down. Compare that with ME3, I was taking down Banshees with the Scorpion on gold level.