Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I wish there were a few more details than what we saw, but yeah. Mass Effect. Day 1 purchase for me regardless.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Really? Mass Effect 3 was my first day 1 purchase since WoW, and it convinced me to go back to never making day 1 purchases.
Yes, really. Because I am stupid and enjoy the Mass Effect series regardless of the problems with 3 and it's ending. I honestly just love the damn games.

edit; also 3 had some of the most fun multiplayer in a long time.

Nosf_sl

shitlord
It was pretty weird that the best part of ME3 wound up being the multiplayer. Maybe the next gen one will have 6 different coloured endings. "Dude, I went with fuschia!" Bioware sure isn't a day one purchase anymore.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I thought ME3 was awesome up until the end. Years later I am still bitter about that shit. The game itself though I enjoyed quite a bit and the multiplayer was fun as hell.

I still blissfully chug the Bioware kool-aid and am going to enjoy the hell out of this too when it comes out.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Do you people just forget about the javik bullshit? That was quite possibly one of the biggest fuck yous in gaming history yet youre all still more than happy to give them your money when they shit on you.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ja, the Javik day 1 dlc was pretty shitty. "Pay us to play this awesome character who we intended to include in the game but got lazy and greedy and moved to a dlc!"

BTW, if they had gone with my ME3 ending, we could still play in the Milky Way. In the ending in my head, the Reapers disassemble and ressurect all of the races they had consumed. Imagine a galaxy with the protheans back or the original relay builders.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yeah, I'll give them a free pass on however they want to write the transition. Still, while a new galaxy has absolutely great potential, there was something kinda cool about an existing and ancient powerbase in the Milky Way. Who knows though, their options are wide open on how they go from here.

That's still going to be one hell of a gap between series.
Well the thing is the exploration factor was what made ME1 so great. By time ME2 rolled around you kind of 'knew' about the big baddies, many of the places and all that BS. ME1 was fucking intense from start to finish basically (sans truck parts) story wise and ME2 and 3 could never top that since they basically just made you clean up the mess from 1. This has all sorts of great potential but I'm definitely not 100% on this. They've managed to ruin ME and DA which were both basically printing gold to just copy the essence of them and so yea...

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well the thing is the exploration factor was what made ME1 so great. By time ME2 rolled around you kind of 'knew' about the big baddies, many of the places and all that BS. ME1 was fucking intense from start to finish basically (sans truck parts) story wise and ME2 and 3 could never top that since they basically just made you clean up the mess from 1. This has all sorts of great potential but I'm definitely not 100% on this. They've managed to ruin ME and DA which were both basically printing gold to just copy the essence of them and so yea...
Ummm... DA:I was pretty good, a big step up from DA2/ME3

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah I don't see how you can bitch about a game if you sink 100 hours in to it (or more...). I didn't play 1 or 2, played 3 and enjoyed it. Sure, the ending wasn't great but it wasn't as horrible as you guys make it out to be either. Will probably end up getting this one when it comes out.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I loved ME3. The ending sucked, but the gameplay was shiny, and that made up 95% of the game.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I hope they learn not to let their lead design have complete control over the ending like they didn't do in ME1, ME2 and MOST of ME3 except for that bizarre ending that made no sense. That staff writer who outed him made it pretty telling.

To me, I just like to pretend that the indoctrination theme was the ending. It was clearly originally intended as so much of the framework for it was there. But whatever, new Galaxy and Shep-Clone. Lets go!

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
I'll reserve judgement till some actual gameplay gets shown. I loved the shit out of 1 and 2 but this is gonna have to be badass to make me put up with origin and wash away the bad taste ME3 left. I think one of the major reasons ME3 got such hate was because they did some things so damned right. Combat was pretty good and responsive (the whole one button to rule them all thing aside) multiplayer was surprisingly good, plenty of viable builds and the random crew interactions were hilarious. And Tuchanka. Conversely, the stuff they got wrong wasn't just off, it was so jarringly bad or off it was like a shock to the system; everything Kai Leng (seriously, /rageface) removing almost a third of the dialogue, day 1 on disk DLC, story dead ends, your actions having no impact whatsoever (wasted/missed opportunities in so many cases) and tbh the end of the game was just WTF. From you going to the cerberus base and on was one huge "dafuq is this giant plothole I just drove a truck through?"

I totally understand the fresh start. They had to go all the way to another galaxy to get far enough away from ME3
tongue.png

PS. I'm so fucking tired of cinematics. I pretty much auto ignore any game that tries to build hype with cinematics and avoids showing any gameplay till the last minute. Show me the meat, fuck off with your crackers.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I really enjoyed ME3. Ending was stupid, but meh, that was like 1% of the total game. I'm excited about ME:A and will definitely be getting it.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Bioware games are day 1 purchase for me still, and this is gonna be another one.
smile.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm glad the leak is true.

The ending to ME3 didn't invalidate the milky way plot. Three games and a host of DLCs exposing the galaxy in what was originally an exploration space game invalidated it. ME1 was by far the worst game technically, but the discovery of the new systems, culture, species and political systems made it special and stand out from ME2 and ME3 which just built on what ME1 introduced.

ME4 either had to mix things up a bit, not have a new take on existing planets. You either do that with a huge time jump, a sudden and not set up introduction of a new society (which is NOT that unlikely. The number of systems in the milky way means that an interstellar civilization like the human/turian/asari one could EASILY co-exist unknowingly with many other similarly sized civilizations) or go to a new galaxy.

The new protagonist will not be Shepherd. It might be a clone of Shep but I hope not. It needs to be a new protagonist but given the nature of Mass Effect I doubt it matters. You'll still get heroic vs sassy choices throughout your path, it'll just be with different voice actors.