Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
All the info the EA folks have given so far points to no Shepard, the N7 is just that you will be some special operative again. They also said smaller scale, more detail when it comes to the world.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I have to have faith in the overall skill of the Bioware team when it comes to Mass Effect. Dragon Age Inquisition was excellent and the main weakness of Mass Effect 3 can be traced to a plot sequence at the very end which was controlled by a very small group and did not go through the rigorous process of breaking the story that the rest of the narrative went through.

My one wish would be both Sam Hulick and Jack Wall on the soundtrack for Mass Effect Andromeda. The haunting music of the original game balanced with the sheer brilliance that Sam showed "the fleets arrive" would be excellent. I still get chills when the Destiny's Ascension arrives during that sequence, such amazing gravitas.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They also said smaller scale, more detail when it comes to the world.
So basically, they want to neuter the good things about ME. Awesome start... 1 had just about the perfect stay on each planet, 2 started to stretch a bit much.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
So basically, they want to neuter the good things about ME. Awesome start... 1 had just about the perfect stay on each planet, 2 started to stretch a bit much.
I think by smaller scale he means in terms of story. ME without different planets to explore would be met by enough nerd rage to collapse the internet into a singularity.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I hope they mean a smaller scale story too. Not every game has be about the end of the universe or whatever.

spronk

FPS noob
even retards love mass effect! yes, this is a real tattoo from reddit. looks like a fucked up duck

CKhI8xF.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I pretty clearly recognize that as a mass relay and would have even if you hadn't posted that in a Mass Effect thread.

It's good artwork, even if that's a completely retarded thing to get tattooed on your forearm.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone still play me3 multiplayer on pc? Started playing it again recently and having fun with it. Most recently been playing quarian male infiltrator as a sniper and its quite satisfying shooting guardians through their shield or some mook in light cover with the widow sniper rifle. I just recently got a javelin(no geth infiltrator yet), still no black widow though.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have to have faith in the overall skill of the Bioware team when it comes to Mass Effect. Dragon Age Inquisition was excellent and the main weakness of Mass Effect 3 can be traced to a plot sequence at the very end which was controlled by a very small group and did not go through the rigorous process of breaking the story that the rest of the narrative went through.
I still wonder about that. You had BRILLIANT plotlines with Mordin, the Krogan, the Geth and then... that shitpile. To this day I still believe that the story designers were intending the Indoctrination Plot to be a thing. So much of the framework for it is there.

The good story designers MUST have said something about it when they heard that that was what was going into the final product. The feedback/arguing must have been some epic levels of drama at the time.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There was no feedback or arguing. It was just Casey Hudson doing whatever he wanted. Him having left the company is the best that could have happened to any future Mass Effect games, aside from maybe Drew K coming back.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Anyone still play me3 multiplayer on pc? Started playing it again recently and having fun with it. Most recently been playing quarian male infiltrator as a sniper and its quite satisfying shooting guardians through their shield or some mook in light cover with the widow sniper rifle. I just recently got a javelin(no geth infiltrator yet), still no black widow though.
Are you able to find games or is it pretty much solo only?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I have zero confidence in this game. Bioware is dead. You should all know that. Sorry to burst the hype train.

(I liked the first two games - fantastic)

spronk

FPS noob
i haven't played the latest dragon age much but isn't it praised as pretty good? Maybe not Witcher 3 good but still pretty good for the franchise. I just can't get into fantasy RPGs anymore, get bored after 30 minutes. Too much GTA and Destiny i guess.

Really looking forward to Mad Max, Metal Gear Solid, and of course... Fallout 4

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
i haven't played the latest dragon age much but isn't it praised as pretty good? Maybe not Witcher 3 good but still pretty good for the franchise. I just can't get into fantasy RPGs anymore, get bored after 30 minutes. Too much GTA and Destiny i guess.

Really looking forward to Mad Max, Metal Gear Solid, and of course... Fallout 4
Witcher 3 destroys DA:I. The story telling, combat, side missions, character stories (The Baron, my God that one rocked) fluidity of the game. DA:I isn't even on the same playing field as Witcher 3. When playing DA:I I couldn't have cared less about any of the characters in the game nor the plot. I lasted about 15 hours before giving up in it's entirety out of boredom.

Fallout 4 is going to be spectacular. I agree (With the rest of the world thinking the same) However, I still think Obsidian told a better story with New Vegas.

Either way, if DA:I is what we have to look forward to from engrossing characters in the new Mass Effect, be prepared to chuck your controller through a window if you are a big fan of the series. Any writer still with EA at this point is on the C Team because EA won't pay them shit because they think they can sell the "Story" aspect alone still based on the IP of the Bioware name. Anyone worth a shit left 2-3 years ago.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bethesda has a history of making mediocre games but I'm sure they're going to knock it out of the park with Fallout 4!!!!!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Witcher 3 raised the bar super high IMO. DA: I, which I liked, is outright unplayable to me now. Its true that New Vegas storywise was far and above compared to Fallout 3...

But that doesn't mean Fallout 4 will be unplayable by any means. I'll play the shit out of that game.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Witcher 3 raised the bar super high IMO. DA: I, which I liked, is outright unplayable to me now. Its true that New Vegas storywise was far and above compared to Fallout 3...

But that doesn't mean Fallout 4 will be unplayable by any means. I'll play the shit out of that game.
Yeah for sure. Don't get me wrong, Fallout 3 was fantastic. I actually finished Fallout 3 and even though I liked the story more in New Vegas, the bugs crippled the damn thing. Fallout 3 just worked better (Which is saying a lot knowing how buggy Bethesda games are from a questing/scripting perspective) .

Witcher 3 writing was absolutely fantastic, and I am not even done yet. (Just leaving Skellige). With that said, I remember each of the main story arcs even from when I first started, but more importantly, remember the characters from a lot of the side missions and the atmosphere. The problem with EA is they are so bloated now with so many cooks in the kitchen that even if you do have a few people who are going to be creative and drive great character development and narrative story, they will get shouted down by some idiots who haven't a damn clue about what they are even playing. (Like what happened with ME3)

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are you able to find games or is it pretty much solo only?
Yeah, no I was surprised at how many ppl apparently are still playing it. It has been pretty much instant que still outside of that one time I was playing at like 3am sunday morning. Also, I'm only running bronze/silver, gold/plat may be a bit more difficult to find.