Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I didn't finish 3. Had the ending spoiled for me. However, in the codex for 1 and 2 I remember them saying that even with the relays only 2% of the galaxy was explored. Game could have been in another part of our galaxy, far enough away to be new, but close enough to the things we are familiar with.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Hyped.

Hope they Dragon Age it and let you play a different race as your main man.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hyped.

Hope they Dragon Age it and let you play a different race as your main man.
If they follow DAI's example and make it more sandbox/open world I'd bet you could. I'm guessing they'd only give you the options of turian, human, Salarian and asari though. Maybe Drell. But you know you'd want to play as Geth, Yahg, Krogan etc.

fuck I want to play ME3's multiplayer again.

spronk

FPS noob
i just hope there are fine space bitches to bang

gHTtKNJ.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
As long as you can still be a Vanguard and rwwapppooowwww people over and over this game will be fine with me.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
A) There was more wrong with ME3 than just the ending

7) The multiplayer was a fluke, done by a separate dev studio

Kappa) The terrible multiplayer in DAI means I can't trust that the multiplayer in ME4 won't suck balls too

So yeah there is no universe where ME4, or ANY Bioware game, would ever be a day 1 purchase for me.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
A) There was more wrong with ME3 than just the ending

7) The multiplayer was a fluke, done by a separate dev studio

Kappa) The terrible multiplayer in DAI means I can't trust that the multiplayer in ME4 won't suck balls too

So yeah there is no universe where ME4, or ANY Bioware game, would ever be a day 1 purchase for me.
The reason DA:I mp sucked and ME3 mp was awesome is because the basic gameplay of ME is fun, you have a bunch of fun classes with cool skills and shooting things in the face is awesome. The skills in DA:I weren't built to be fun when controlling individual characters.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
That is a very good point. While both games use "squads" in their content the Dragon Age squads are meant to be far more interdependent than the Mass Effect ones are. What is interesting is that Destiny, which ostensibly tried to be a MMO Mass Effect with their character types, failed to deliver on the aspect of Role. The different classes in Mass Effect really feel different while all Destiny characters are just people shooting the same guns.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The reason DA:I mp sucked and ME3 mp was awesome is because the basic gameplay of ME is fun, you have a bunch of fun classes with cool skills and shooting things in the face is awesome. The skills in DA:I weren't built to be fun when controlling individual characters.
Yep. ME3's combat was on point and incredibly fun. What's interesting is that the MP combat was actually more fun than the singleplayer combat. After playing MP and going back to SP the ideal tactics were much more conservative and patient.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They could massively improve the multiplayer by having objective assault maps, basically dungeons to clear, rather than just 10 wave defense maps.

Goonsquad Officer
Wasn't the next ME game going to be developed by the ME3 MP studio?
I hope so. wife and i played the shit out of multiplayer.

we played warframe a while to get the similar game meta, but i miss me3 multiplayer so much. krogan vanguard 4 life. (only because i never could get the warlord
frown.png

now i want to log in and fry things with the reager

bytes

Molten Core Raider
It's Shepard you guys. Face purposely hidden but zooming in on the N7 emblem while the character is humming along to Ghostrider in the Sky - it is not exactly a mystery.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
In the ideal Mass Effect 3 ending you see the Normandy crashland on Gods know where. The next scene pans over to an N7 dogtag that is jerked up by Shepard suddenly breathing in. This gives them the opportunity to continue his story because OBVIOUSLY he survived all of that crazy shit on the relay and introduce a new support cast because the Normandy clearly is lost on a possibly uncharted planet.

Shepard is one of the biggest heroes in todays videogaming, I dont see them abandoning that character anytime soon.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It might be legit Shep, it might be clone shep, who knows. But I hope it's not. IMO: Shepherd was never supposed to be master chief and survive past the apocalypse. All N7 means is that it's a uniform for a special operative from the systems alliance military. There are a lot of those.

My guess: You're some N7 operative sent as the leader of a vessel sent to andromeda as either a 'the reapers are going to murder us, please continue life on our closest galaxy' or a 'Milky way is boring, let's go to andromeda' effort. You can be one of several types of species. Your initial job is to explore and find info/habitable planets.