Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
From what I've heard that 80 million includes the marketing budget while the 40 million on Mass Effect does not so the price tag for W3 is probably pretty close. Assuming what I've seen claimed is true of course.

Edit: The 80 mil does include marketing. Source
Word. Either way, it's not a "fraction" of ME's budget in any sense, I would imagine. That being said, as khorum mentions, it is 2 years old and still looks much better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Witcher 3 budget (~$32M once you remove the marketing part) also included the development of REDengine 3 pretty much from scratch.

To be fair though, you do have to consider the difference between Canada and Poland. Not only is the cost of living much less, CDPR also had to deal with approximately 100% less SJWs on their staff.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Witcher 3 budget (~$32M once you remove the marketing part) also included the development of REDengine 3 pretty much from scratch.
Yeah, but how of ME's budget went toward developing the Ultra-Emotion facial animation technology?!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Regime we have a rocket league contest this Saturday. Bulletin is about to go out! :) Come win 50 bucks.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
HZD was made for $45 million and looks and plays better in every possible way, on a console, than MEA does on a high end PC.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I think it's safe to say that budget was not the issue with this game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
New Mass Effect fight scene.

rwCyu6J.gif

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The people that are enjoying this game, can you answer one question for me? Did you enjoy playing DAI, yes or no?

I am enjoying andromeda both single and multiplayer so far. I could not get into DAI at all. I keep trying to play it to see if I can at least see the story of it but the combat is just so dull after a while I just can't do it.

Combat wise andromeda is about the same as ME3 but with more agility and the jump capability which is really pretty slick. The AI seems to be a bit more aggressive as well a lot harder to just setup and snipe if you take more than a few shots from a location you start getting flanked pretty bad. Trying this run starting as engineer the call of the vangod is loud but I think I will save that for another run through or once I get enough skill points to branch off.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I've had no motivation to play this of late. That pretty much sums up my feelings on the game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Combat wise andromeda is about the same as ME3 but with more agility and the jump capability which is really pretty slick.
You really believe the jumpjet makes up for dropping down to only 3 abilities and losing almost all control over your companions?

That's far from the only things they changed about the combat but to put into perspective on how fucking awful just those two things are, I got the trophy for 10 combos with a teammate after about 35-40 hours of gameplay. In ME3 I would have had a trophy like that finished on Mars.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The no-control-companions thing is so ridiculous. In harder modes in ME3/ME2 the primary thing companions were good for was using their abilities. If I could just solo the game but have three sets of abilities with independent cooldowns it'd be basically equivalent.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The best way to get combos from team mates is to never buy more than a single power and make sure it combos. The krogan guy loves to spam the shit out of incinerate, which makes combo-ing with him easy (assuming you are going Vanguard).

Also, the jump jet is simply not useful at all on anything above normal difficulty. You are basically asking the enemy mobs to rape you in seconds (they already are hard coded to favor attacking the PC over the party members as it is) as you abandon whatever cover you might have. Its a fun feature, but utterly pointless for combat.

Vanguard with maxed out cooldown reduction is really the only way to play this game in Insanity, unless you want to just roll with it as a cover based shooter the whole way. The problem with trying to be cover minded is that it has the DA2 issue of adds just showing up magically to negate your cover and the added fun of the cover system being completely busted. Really, the best setup for pushing through insanity is Charge with max Cooldown reductions, Nova, and maximized AE singularity with shield stripping. Then dump all remaining points into the combat passives to maximize durability and slot the best long ranged gun you can carry and still not compromise your cooldowns. Mass that Charge button and mele like they were your prom dates love button and hope to Allah that the shield regeneration keeps up with the ludicrously accurate beam weapons. The upside is fighting the whole game like that is actually somewhat fun, at least until you run into all the sync kill bosses (thats what the long range gun is for).

I don't often like agreeing with Utnayan Utnayan on things, but he is correct about the MP. Its basically horde mode from DA:I MP with the knobs cranked to 11. Except there are no good support classes (unlike ME3) and your options are basically Vanguard or turtling.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The best way to get combos from team mates is to never buy more than a single power and make sure it combos. The krogan guy loves to spam the shit out of incinerate, which makes combo-ing with him easy (assuming you are going Vanguard).

Also, the jump jet is simply not useful at all on anything above normal difficulty. You are basically asking the enemy mobs to rape you in seconds (they already are hard coded to favor attacking the PC over the party members as it is) as you abandon whatever cover you might have. Its a fun feature, but utterly pointless for combat.

Vanguard with maxed out cooldown reduction is really the only way to play this game in Insanity, unless you want to just roll with it as a cover based shooter the whole way. The problem with trying to be cover minded is that it has the DA2 issue of adds just showing up magically to negate your cover and the added fun of the cover system being completely busted. Really, the best setup for pushing through insanity is Charge with max Cooldown reductions, Nova, and maximized AE singularity with shield stripping. Then dump all remaining points into the combat passives to maximize durability and slot the best long ranged gun you can carry and still not compromise your cooldowns. Mass that Charge button and mele like they were your prom dates love button and hope to Allah that the shield regeneration keeps up with the ludicrously accurate beam weapons. The upside is fighting the whole game like that is actually somewhat fun, at least until you run into all the sync kill bosses (thats what the long range gun is for).

I don't often like agreeing with Utnayan Utnayan on things, but he is correct about the MP. Its basically horde mode from DA:I MP with the knobs cranked to 11. Except there are no good support classes (unlike ME3) and your options are basically Vanguard or turtling.

You LOVE agreeing with me on things!

sukik

The music video for the trailer song is more entertaining than the trailer. Maybe the developers should sing this song together.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The most annoying aspect of this is that they added a lot of new abilities to the game with ME:A, but I'll likely never see but a small fraction of them unless I do so in multiplayer.

I also find myself completely NOT using the 'saved profiles' business as I've chosen to max out my existing abilities in one path (Biotic) rather than branching out to the other disciplines other than for Passives like firearm skill.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Word. Either way, it's not a "fraction" of ME's budget in any sense, I would imagine. That being said, as khorum mentions, it is 2 years old and still looks much better.
So 40 mill for W3's advertising puts it at 40 mill.

1/1 is still a fraction. Shitlord powers win again.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you are playing the Charge / Mele game, you kind of have to stick with the VG profile, anyhow. The mele based shield regeneration is too critical to give up for the higher Biotic Adept bonuses. In fact, even if I were simply playing pure biotic ranged, I would likely stick with the VG profile because you get bum rushed so much that you need any shield regen you can get.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So 40 mill for W3's advertising puts it at 40 mill.

1/1 is still a fraction. Shitlord powers win again.

W3 also had a much shorter development cycle and did not have the massive side help Bioware could throw at it from other studios. Basically, hiring by ideology instead of merit leads to shit like this. Next time, hire more asians and honkeys.

• 1Like