Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Might as well get the party started... its not like I have any chance of not buying it when it comes out.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Please, please, get rid of Commander Shepard in favor of somebody more interesting. He's pretty much the universal Bioware RPG (tm) protagonist.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite franchise in the universe.

spronk

FPS noob
all that pretty much confirms the leaks from a few months ago - it takes place in the andromeda galaxy, you play a new character, you and some "seed" ships were sent to another galaxy during the Mass Effect 1-3 period as a contingency in case the Reapers wiped out life in our galaxy. You do encounter a powerful alien species, I think the guys who created the Reapers or something like that (forgot the details). Not sure how exactly you get from our galaxy to another galaxy.

still don't see much point talking about it now, next E3 is when the hype will blow up for it

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Two years out. DIAF Bioware. After finishing the game and letting me buy it.

I do hope we get a new protagonist. Shepard deserves retirement after all he's been through. I liked playing as part of cerberus. I'd rather explore the angle of shadow operatives more than the spectre stuff.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well its another galaxy... so presumably its several hundreds of years post ME3 at the minimum.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, but they're using the N7 logo so they seem to think of themselves as a continuation of the government and/or species of our galaxy. So either they just left a moment ago, the suit is some nostalgic throwback, or they've been frozen for the journey. Having crossover characters is a possibility for A and C, and B if it's a a machine intelligence, but I don't think they'd invite the geth on the same expedition.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yea, but they're using the N7 logo so they seem to think of themselves as a continuation of the government and/or species of our galaxy. So either they just left a moment ago, the suit is some nostalgic throwback, or they've been frozen for the journey. Having crossover characters is a possibility for A and C, and B if it's a a machine intelligence, but I don't think they'd invite the geth on the same expedition.
Or they actually had to travel at relativistic speeds without mass relays.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Well I assumed in B that they'd transform politically during their journey to not feel contiguous with the government for which the N7 logo is a designation of rank. My bad.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Lazy,lazyBioware. "welp we fucked up the end of ME3 and the end-states are all mutually contradictory; time to ignore the Milky Way plotline completely and move to a fresh galaxy! What do you mean 'what happened to Shepard'? la la la can't hear you!!!"

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What I mean is, time wouldn't have passed very long for the people travelling.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Lazy,lazyBioware. "welp we fucked up the end of ME3 and the end-states are all mutually contradictory; time to ignore the Milky Way plotline completely and move to a fresh galaxy! What do you mean 'what happened to Shepard'? la la la can't hear you!!!"
I would agree with you, but after they flubbed the ending so hard I'm totally open to the idea of a big exploration game that's less linear.

spronk

FPS noob
i'd guess a stargate / startrek type of solution where they can use a mass effect relay to transition to a new galaxy if they destroy the sun (and the relay), so its a one way trip and no one is following them

that kinda shit used to happen on stargate all the time

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Who cares. Having a fresh start is better for everyone.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I like the theory that the council races loaded up some big generational ships with Element Zero and sent them out towards Andromeda as a backup plan in case Shepard failed and this game features their descendents... Yeah whatever the reason this is clearly to distance themselves, literally, from the ending of ME3

Northerner

N00b
Yeah, I'll give them a free pass on however they want to write the transition. Still, while a new galaxy has absolutely great potential, there was something kinda cool about an existing and ancient powerbase in the Milky Way. Who knows though, their options are wide open on how they go from here.

That's still going to be one hell of a gap between series.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
the mass effect world from a story standpoint had so many fucking problems.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE mass effect one, mass effect 2 and even liked me3. The citadel DLC remains one of my favorite dlcs I've ever played. That said, the story becomes and awful retarded mess by the end of ME3. It's so funny to see how well written their characters and some of the missions are, while the entire back overarching story and some of the grand lore in the game was a headache inducing groan-fest. Whoever made those decisions better not be involved in this shit or I'll totally regret pirating it (fuck origin).

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think they extracted most of the interesting stories they could out of the galaxy as it stood at the end of ME3. They fucked up plenty along the way, but there's really nothing left. We saw the galaxy at a state of total war. We saw the rise and fall of political alliances and the resolutions of various stories. We saw the true character of all the council races when the shit hit the fan. There's not much left to tell.

Time to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before. Remember, that's why Star Trek was awesome.

Yeah, the ships will bring along all sorts of interesting characters from the existing races, but we'll get to meet/kill all new ones!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Really wish I was more excited, ME3 just left such a bland taste in my mouth. Hope they find the glory they had in ME & ME2, would be really really nice to have that series back.