Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
If anyone in Andromeda ever says or implies that Peebee helped them get out of 'a jam' I am literally going to throw my monitor out of the window.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 3 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think PeeBee is the dumbest character name I've ever heard. I thought the name was a joke when you told me and didn't realize it was the actual name until I saw it on the BioWare twitter feed. The price I'm willing to pay for this game is dropping.

Bigguy28

Lord Nagafen Raider
The female Turian is the only character that interests me so far but that's probably only because we know next to nothing about her and there hasn't been a female Turian yet outside some DLC that I never got. The humans look like whiny millennials. pretty much everything about PeeBee is annoying and the Krogan is just another Krogan, we've already had two of those.

I'm really hoping we get a couple companions that are aliens from the Andromeda galaxy, they'd have to be more interesting than the ones we have.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'm sure the game will have zero twists in story or crew and we've seen everything there is to offer already.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No CE, no preorder.

I hope it's good. I'm reading Revelation right now. The backstory on Grissom and Anderson is fantastic.

With that said so far this game looks completely shallow with generic characters. I hope the MP is good.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Im sure most people know by now but it never hurts to throw out a reminder: ME3 MP was done by a different studio than the main ME3 team.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So being the super nerd that I am I played through the original trilogy again just to set the stage for all of this. I must have been too busy to read some of the Codex entries in the past because I noticed a few things I swear I never saw before... I also cannot bring myself to explore the 'other side' of the choices in the game. I always save the Racni Queen and the Citadel Council, protect the entire crew, and manage to get the Geth and the Quarian to make peace. It is just hard-coded into my psyche.

The fleet arriving at Earth in ME3 is still a highlight even after all the other issues with the ending. When the Destiny Ascension comes through the mass relay I get chills every time.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Best moment like that for me is sacrificing the Second Fleet to save the Destiny Ascension from the attack on the Citadel back in ME1.

norp

Bronze Squire
Despite all of the controversy the series as a whole is incredible, so many amazing moments and feels. While I'm extremely skeptical of Andromeda being good, I can't help but hope it is.

Also I have to add the big thresher maw Vs Reaper fight in terms of awesome moments in the series. Not as interesting as far as scope, but still pretty awesome to see.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Highlight of the game for me was the sequence of driving the Mako or whatever on Tuchanka to save the Krogans.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I was on the shitter reading articles my google now picked up, the title for the one about Andromeda said something along the lines of removing binary choices from their games this time around. I avoided the article but kind of wish I would have taken a screenshot of it just to post here. It seemed to me they were beating around the bush of there being more than 2 genders as well as removing good and evil choices.

Last edited:

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was on the shitter reading articles my google now picked up, the title for the one about Andromeda said something along the lines of removing binary choices from their games this time around. I avoided the article but kind of wish I would have taken a screenshot of it just to post here. It seemed to me they were beating around the bush of there being more than 2 genders as well as removing god and evil choices.

I'm firmly in the center (fiscal) left (social) camp, but this is just retarded.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
The reason that they're doing it is because they don't wanna have an option whereas you'd just automatically choose the top left action. Another reason is because they don't wanna have stuff that is 'cut off'' from people who are playing that way, but just haven't gotten the requisite points yet.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They can still have impactful decision making in this game minus the good and evil slider. Some choices just provide different boosts or negative effects. Think Fallout type stuff where you lose physical resist but gain rad resist or something like that.

You can scale it from small 5 percent hp gains to special attacks or abilities. Some choices give you a badass melee attack, others gives you plus 25% shield dmg or something. It isnt hard.