Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
On a positive note, ME3 MP is still going, haven't had to wait on a match yet, and still a lot of fun.
I did shed a tear when looking at my loadouts though. Fuck you premium spectre packs.....fuck you.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Bhj6GwJ.jpg

Looks like to proportioning is all off on the newer characters which could be one of the reasons they are weirding so many people out.

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sad thing is that from experience I've found when AAA games have these kinds of flaws in one critical element (graphics, models, animations), the problems permeate the entire thing.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It's comical to me because no woman wants to be with a man shorter than them, maybe this is there way of "fighting the Patriarchy".

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Here's a couple more pictures. It looks like, instead of using "Heroic" proportions like they did for Shepard they went for a normally proportioned human.

prop_var.gif
pgHqEJJ.png

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Head to body ratio aside, there's something just wrong with the models.

This picture pretty much sums up how terrible the new character modeler is at their job:

The Krogan and Asari are even worse than the humans.

iannis

Musty Nester
View attachment 125850

Looks like to proportioning is all off on the newer characters which could be one of the reasons they are weirding so many people out.

Shep went from The Rock to The Tom Cruise.

I wonder how big scientology is in the new galaxy.

Are they gonna go kill xenu? Is xenu like the king reaper?

You can think the end of game,plot twist won't be reapers are still alive lol. But it will be EXACTLY that stupid.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You can think the end of game,plot twist won't be reapers are still alive lol. But it will be EXACTLY that stupid.
I was thinking about this before I realized Mass Effect wasn't worth pondering and predicting. I think that's very possible. But I think it's going to be internal strife and sabotage + some 2 bit warlord or something that's pissed we're on his turf.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Head to body ratio aside, there's something just wrong with the models.

This picture pretty much sums up how terrible the new character modeler is at their job:

The Krogan and Asari are even worse than the humans.

WTF... they must've iterated through that design and their art direction overrode every red flag that came up to stick with that "real proportions" philosophy. Is there some in-game reason for it maybe?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
WTF... they must've iterated through that design and their art direction overrode every red flag that came up to stick with that "real proportions" philosophy. Is there some in-game reason for it maybe?
They thought they were the milky way's best beings sent to explore and spread our life to a new galaxy.

Really, they were just the bottom 10% of a massive eugenics program in the milky way that deported the most awkward looking genetic garbage as far from the uber-strains as possible.

raw

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
also lol @ the Krogan who looks like a fat guy cosplaying in a Wrex mask instead of an entirely new species.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I did get a chance to play Multiplayer at PAX this past weekend and it was pretty smooth. As mentioned several times in the earlier segments of this thread Bioware Montreal did the multiplayer part of ME3 and they have kept it pretty much intact for this game. The only changes from that format to this one, at least on the one map we could play, seemed to be due to the fundamental changes in the combat engine with the new title. From brief conversations with the lead writer I think the dialogue options will be pretty fun this time around and she clearly relished the chance to start from a blank slate with the new characters.

The other artists / animators in attendance did not seem to be overly excited to be there although that could just be a side effect of having been hauled in front of the masses.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
God damn, one of my favorite developers has rather quickly become the laughing stock of the gaming world. Sad!

Those models look sophomoric at best

• 1Solidarity