Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Is it wrong that I hope this breaks the studio enough that the EA bean counters start cracking the whip?

Nope it's not. But EA did this anyway when they didn't keep any talent.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I'm not a scientist or anything, but I'm pretty sure India is the only Indian nation.
IndiaLanguageMap.jpg

While I wouldn't argue the overall fact, Vaclav's meaning being that its a big country with a lot of socioeconomic and cultural diversity is I think the point.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You guys should be watching the giant bomb stream. Holy shit is this game horrible!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Poin Dexter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where is the giant bomb stream. I joined the Mass Effect bus really late, as in I am currently playing 2.

I would like to see this clusterfuck with my own eyes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Jesus Christ every character in this game looks so fucking retarded. They all just make retarded facial expressions completely out of place with what they are reacting to.

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 126571

While I wouldn't argue the overall fact, Vaclav's meaning being that its a big country with a lot of socioeconomic and cultural diversity is I think the point.

No - while that might be a factor, but I'm not too familiar with such: I meant what people label as "Indian" encompasses a number of different nations - but other nations: Bahrain, Qatar, Singapore and others have massive Indian populations that self-identify as "Indian" to most people - plus some like Pakistan that get easily confused with names and appearance even though they generally don't self identify as Indian. (In fact to me - I could see his name being from almost any of them, Pakistan included)

Just a personal pet peeve. It's akin to saying Asian when talking about a case with China specifically.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Everyone across the internet is already trying to refund the game before charges hit and origin at least won't let them until after it launches and they play it. Then they can refund it. Others like on green man gaming I fear won't be so lucky.

Fellas. We are witnessing one of the biggest clusterfuck launches in gaming history right here. Tune in. It's going to be a fun shitshow.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty sure that's just wishful thinking on your part, unless EA wants Australia to take another massive dump on them like they did after Sim City.

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
As much as I'd enjoy a massive shitshow I think we're gonna see a AAA game launched by the D team sell ok, get great reviews from the typical shill sites, mixed to decent reviews from the rest and the MP will probably be its saving grace while everyone pretends the single player didn't happen.

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
How does Bioware with deep EA pockets release a major title that looks and sounds this bad? The added sound effects here are appropriate for how cheesy/shitty it looks

goishen

Macho Ma'am
We have mixed feelings about the first few hours of Mass Effect: Andromeda | PC Gamer

And the shit continues to roll downhill.

From that site : Tim Clark: Last week I wrote that I’d be fine if “Andromeda ends up being just quite a good Mass Effect game”, but today even that feels like a distant dream. I’ll caveat what I’m about to say by noting I’m only six hours in, but right now I’m not sure I even want to play much more, and that hurts given how much I was looking forward to this. Wait until you hear some of the writing, which is regularly straight up asinine. At one point I ran a group of Kett over in the Nomad and Ryder shouted out triumphantly: “Speedbump!” Ugh, ugh, ugh.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Watching a twitch stream of this and I'm honestly amazed at how bad the animations are. It just looks really off, I couldn't imagine playing this and keeping a straight face the whole time.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Man, had this preordered with 2 other games on the $25 off best buy thing from a long time ago and was too slow to stop the shipment. I think I'm taking this back unopened. I'm still playing Horizon and when that's done I'm moving on to Zelda, no way this game gets any time from me for the next month.

Maybe they'll fix this piece of shit and I can get a complete edition some day in the future.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm probably not even going to pirate it at this point, since I doubt pirated copies will be able to play MP.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watched the rest of that Twitch stream. The combat looked mediocre, and the guy playing it said as much. Maleryder looked like a lanky overgrown dwarf in the cut scenes. He just doesn't quite look human. They also went through the character creator for a bit. It's not just femryder that looks derpy. All the female faces looked like badly drawn cartoons. Bad, just bad.

spronk

FPS noob
I'm downloading the trial right now on xbox one (with EA Access)
Mass Effect™: Andromeda – Games on Microsoft Store

its a 44 gig download though. I want to believe, but all signs point to massive disappointment.

If you did order it from best buy during the $25 visa bonus, try to change it to in store pickup (may be too late). if you CANCEL the item you lose the discount for any other thing you bundled, but if you set it to pickup and just let it die out on its own (7 days) then the bonus discount stays. With the discount I paid $40 and it comes with a sweet steelbook, so I may end up picking up anyways and just trading the game in right away (for probably $44) and keep the steelbook. Best Buy is doing 50% trade bonus on ps4/xbone/switch games starting sunday.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
So, I've been playing the trial. THe game just seems, mushy. Best way to describe combat. I don't know if my graphics card can't keep up, or if there is some memory leak or my streaming or what, but the responce to my inputs was slow mushy, and it was bad. And the longer it went on, the worse it got. Even the menu's started to seem to lag and exiting out of the game caused it to just hang at a black screen. Had to force close. Going back into it with it on low settings (which looks even more like shit) to see if the responsiveness is better. I don't know if its just my computer sucking or if its a purposeful design choice to make the controls feel 'heavy with inertia' but atm, I'm feeling even my hope for good multiplayer dying.

Will update more after some more tries.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
  • 1Like

Mao

Trakanon Raider
So. SOme aspects of that review are true. There are a lot more 'voice options' but it feels like they don't matter. I get the opinion if I was to go back and select a different one, nothing would really change. At best, a throw away comment and then back to the main.

The map, exploring, other side missions and all so far have been good. The tutorial map, like he said, has more than one way to get to some of the locations and has optionalish side quests.

The characters and animations look like shit. You've seen the videos, thats what it looks like. Like I just watched a guy who thought all the colonists were dead, and suddenly we arrived and he's all "You don't know how much a shock this is." Well. Nope, cause your face never moved to express anything. At all. Its just bad. Animation is shit, and even more amusing shit is it in no way expresses emotion or anything that makes them feel alive.

The storyline is a fucking train wreck. It makes... no sense so far. I've just arrived at the ark and.... it makes no sense. We are an ark, we flew to a world to colonize it. But wait. We didn't really mean to colonize it. Instead we're to fly to the nexus, unload there, then go back and colonize it. So... why fly to the planet first? The story is just poo flung at walls atm as far as any semblence of sense. So far, and I'm still just starting, but it feels like the story was made to string the game together from point to point. Not that there is a story and we move through it by playing the game, if you understand what I mean.

And sweet jesus if the fucking idle chatter and character comments as I'm walking around doesn't make me just want to shoot my own squad, I don't know what. It is the most cliched, over the top ham fisted shit I've heard in awhile. I don't even.

Combat update. So, turning down graphics seems to have helped. Shit isn't as bad atm. Aiming and looking are more responsive, but movement still has that 'inertia' thing going on, and getting stuck on objects in the world still is a thing.

Edit: Oh god. The dialogue just keeps getting worse. And these voice actors have the emotional range of toads.

• 1Like