Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Scooby

Trakanon Raider
Review embargo lifts in just under 3hrs (3AM EST) ... anyone taking bets on the meta-score ??? :smuggly:

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
What was that ending? I didn't really understand because I was skipping through a lot of it since it looked so bland and boring. Kinda felt like a shitty Hollywood movie where everything wraps up in the end and it's like everything between the first ten minutes and last 5 minutes never happened.

Scooby

Trakanon Raider
What was that ending? I didn't really understand because I was skipping through a lot of it since it looked so bland and boring. Kinda felt like a shitty Hollywood movie where everything wraps up in the end and it's like everything between the first ten minutes and last 5 minutes never happened.

Please spoiler that shit if you say what the ending is!

• 1SJW
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to

It looks like
Just kidding this piece of shit doesn't deserve spoilers

Looks like the big new nexus is crashed on a planet and you kill borg kit fisto and flowers grow again after he's dead so now the 13 survivors can start a cargo cult in Andromeda.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 2 users

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Review embargo lifts in just under 3hrs (3AM EST) ... anyone taking bets on the meta-score ??? :smuggly:

80 maybe? I doubt the score will be lower than 80 :|

Nnnghhh really wanted this game to be good. I could forgive Bioware for the animations and lipsync if the story and gameplay is top notch. 56 min until we see the scores!

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Reviews unlock in 3 hours. I'm seeing a lot more positive spin from people and its hard to determine whether its SJWs trying to Ghostbuster the thing or if the game actually gets better later on.

btw vaclav and anyone else who is definitely buying, you may wanna go watch the videos on this website you apparently unlock a few dlc pieces of armor and shit
Golden Worlds & Settlements - Official AI Site

Neat - I'll have the wife bother with that tedium tomorrow.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
80 maybe? I doubt the score will be lower than 80 :|

Nnnghhh really wanted this game to be good. I could forgive Bioware for the animations and lipsync if the story and gameplay is top notch. 56 min until we see the scores!

I'm thinking high 70's myself. Seems to be getting more criticism than Fallout 4 which squeeked out a mid 80's - I could see it coming in 5-10 points behind that.

Interesting note - wife was goofing with it a bit more on PC tonight, there was a patch that hit her loading the game at 7pmish EST (and we finally bothered updating video drivers it was saying were out of date) - seemed harder to notice the "trumpet" issue after it, people definitely still duckmouthed a little bit but it wasn't ludicrous like before - either my memory is flawed or one of those two updates toned it down a bit. No difference in some of the goofy expressions at times, but the "trumpet" issue looked at least within the realm of reason tonight.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Critics will probably suck bioware cock like usual and put it in the 80's, but fuck the critics. I'd be surprised if it gets more than a 50 from the players.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

norp

Bronze Squire
I'm betting 80-85 critics and 30-40 from players on Meta. Can just see half the reviews now from the critics "Bioware has made some missteps in places, but as a whole Mass Effect Andromeda is a worthy entry in the Mass Effect series"... or some bullshit like that. Basically lets downplay the colossal fuck ups with the small amount remaining of the game that's actually decent. Too many deal breakers here to redeem the game at this point.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm betting 80-85 critics and 30-40 from players on Meta. Can just see half the reviews now from the critics "Bioware has made some missteps in places, but as a whole Mass Effect Andromeda is a worthy entry in the Mass Effect series"... or some bullshit like that. Basically lets downplay the colossal fuck ups with the small amount remaining of the game that's actually decent. Too many deal breakers here to redeem the game at this point.

This is how it always goes when you have an industry that's business model is to suck the cock of the game producers rather than make quality original content like reviews for audiences.

Seriously the FTC could fine the shit out of basically every one of these faggot game journo sites if it didn't have CNN trying to destroy western civilization to worry about.

• 1Solidarity

Scooby

Trakanon Raider
Review scores so far ...

IGN 7.7
Gamespot 6
Game Informer 8 (figures its a GameStop shill)
US Gamer 3/5
Polygon 7.5
Computer Games Magazine 7
Dustructoid 6.5

Metascore ATM ... 73

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Why does all the voice acting sound like it was spliced together from random clips?

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
It blows my mind that these "critics" can wake up in the morning and write this shit with a straight face.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The world has no shortage of whores or out of work journalism majors. Any reviewer that balks at writing fluff pieces will quickly be replaced by one of the plethora waiting in the hall.

I am truly surprised a game from EA is getting anything less than a 7 from the big reviewers. Even back in the late 90s it was apparent that any company that bought X amount of add space in the mag, would only use a 3 point grading system. If they graded it a 7, it was shit, a 8 was average, a 9 was great, and a 10 was only reserved for games they knew would sell magazines.

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Maybe the game isn't all bad.

SORRY BUT NSFW STILL NOT ALLOWED HERE EVEN IN SPOILERS. NO WARNING ISSUED, HONEST MISTAKE ~ a_skeleton_03

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
aww yaaa that will re-energize /r/asseffect

its a bummer this game turned out to be shit, i don't want to play another game right now with a million meaningless side quests. i can't believe thats something they did.

Giant Bomb 90 minute look at the game. "direct to video bootleg where none of the original stars came back" sounds right

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users