Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

khorum

Murder Apologist
LMAO it's just fucking ridiculous the lengths the apologists will go to handwave MEA's shitshow.

Oh the animations are just a "minor" irritation. Ah sure everyone's walk cycle is bowlegged and noone's punches ever connect or the sophomoric facial modelling and animations are just "extreme" examples cherrypicked by haters.

Bioware didn't arrive at where they are by making highly-technical 4x strategy games or sims or racing games, they got where they are by storytelling and character development. Mass Effect specifically lead the way with its writing and animation and art direction. Where they are today pretty much just shits on that heritage.

Animation, voice acting and storytelling is exactly what Bioware was all about and everyone pretty much copied their model. Every time you see derpy cross-eyed Sara Ryder drool into her asinine fanfic-tier dialog and feel a reflexive need to whiteknight that shit, remember what an independent developer with a fraction of Bioware's budget was able to do with "just" facial and character animations over two years ago:

0jNBiiW.gif

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

khalid

Unelected Mod
LMAO it's just fucking ridiculous the lengths the apologists will go to handwave MEA's shitshow.

Oh the animations are just a "minor" irritation. Ah sure everyone's walk cycle is bowlegged and noone's punches ever connect or the sophomoric facial modelling and animations are just "extreme" examples cherrypicked by haters.

I say the game was a big dropoff from ME2 and ME3. That it feels heavily rushed and lacks polish. That while the animation isn't all extreme like the endlessly played clips, that the animations ARE bad. That one of the biggest selling points of the previous games, the bonding with your teammates, appears to be gone out of this one.

This you characterize as going to ridiculous lengths to apologize for the game? For fucks sake.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Goonsquad Officer
I'm uhhh 6ish hours in. but doing all the side quests and talking to all the everything. been spending most of my time playing multipl;ayer with homies and my waifu.

the game feels like mass effect 1.5 which is to say that it feels like mass effect 1, with graphics worthy of 1.5. With some strait up baffling art/animation choices. the strange thing is that some aliens and enviroments look beautiful, but then you get back to steaming shit looking turians and no one having shiney hair on the nexus (though the gold hair woman from the flashback has golden shining hair?), and most faces look either airbrushed or smeared with dirt. Just baffling.

dialogue is kind of meh a good bit of the time. but the enjoyment of the universe keeps me playing, and the simple novelty of reading quests and/or playing ME3multiplayer style combat. defianately not a great game. it feels "okay" to "good" if you found it before playing ME 2. heh.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My friend who always buys every game just tells me: "Holy shit Andromeda is basically Stargate: Universe in a video game."

rofl

• 4Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 4 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Dude just because you want to fuck every tranny you see doesn't mean this is a good video game.

When have I said it's good? I'm just saying stop being faggots about one throw away line, pull your head out of your ass.

The game blows, we get it. Stop pretending they are forcing you to chop your dick off, all two inches.

• 3Salty
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1SJW
Reactions: 5 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Incorrect. The Nomad is way easier to drive than the Mako.

Errr, no. It may be easier to handle, but it is no way as powerful as the old mako. When you went up the side of a mountain, you went up the side of a mountain.

Here, if I hit anything that's above 25-35 degrees of incline, I'm fucked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Errr, no. It may be easier to handle, but it is no way as powerful as the old mako. When you went up the side of a mountain, you went up the side of a mountain.

Here, if I hit anything that's above 25-35 degrees of incline, I'm fucked.

Work on the upgrades.... and learn to use AWD. I can pretty much go up anything that isn't vertical at this point - even when it's like 100 ft up w/ some boost.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
At this point, I'm not even interested in the game anymore. Robotic dragons are the last we'll see of DA : The ME Chronicles.

Yay?

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
So im currently living in a hotel, just bought a new laptop, bored to shit, went to the store. Decided to buy mass effect trilogy for 20 bucks. I played 1 and 2 but skipped 3 cus I heard the ending sucked plus you had to do some extra mobile game add on shit to not just die at the end. What dlc do I need to DL to get a not shit ending for me3? Mind you I'm on shit hotel WiFi

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
You don't need to do any mobile crap in ME3. You could play multiplayer to get more galactic readiness and make better endings (lol) easier to get iirc. TBH the multiplayer is fun enough on its own and you should play it if you get 3. Hell I still pop in and play. ME2 Lair of the shadow broker was good. I think I ended up with all the mission DLCs and the aegis pack. Aegis not needed. Kasumi stolen memories was decent and gets you the best sub machine gun. Overlord was ok, arrival was meh. They all have minimal effects on part 3. Some dialogue and war assets I think.

Edit: I might be off on effects, but i think a guy from overlord opens a door in a mission that has gear in it that might be otherwise unavailable.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I have the discs. On shit wifi. Mp is out of the question, as is downloading a bunch of random dlc. What's the 1 dlc I need for non shit ending to me3?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's no such thing as a non shit ending to ME3. The slightly less shit ending is the Extended Ending DLC or something like that. It adds extra shit about the rest of your party to the ending and I believe lowers the war asset requirements so that it's possible to get the best ending without doing any multiplayer.

The Citadel DLC isn't actually an ending, but it's a better send off for the trilogy than the garbage ending they actually gave us.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I have the discs. On shit wifi. Mp is out of the question, as is downloading a bunch of random dlc. What's the 1 dlc I need for non shit ending to me3?

Well, that's the question right. IMO there are two, but for different reasons.

Leviathan. Explains what the reapers are/were, and where they came from.

Citadel. If you want to extend your time and toss a wild ass party for your squadmates.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That Salarian saying "Kill me now" had me rolling.

Need more kill me now memes.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

Bioware didn't arrive at where they are by making highly-technical 4x strategy games or sims or racing games, they got where they are by storytelling and character development. Mass Effect specifically lead the way with its writing and animation and art direction. Where they are today pretty much just shits on that heritage.

Animation, voice acting and storytelling is exactly what Bioware was all about and everyone pretty much copied their model. Every time you see derpy cross-eyed Sara Ryder drool into her asinine fanfic-tier dialog and feel a reflexive need to whiteknight that shit, remember what an independent developer with a fraction of Bioware's budget was able to do with "just" facial and character animations over two years ago:

0jNBiiW.gif
I'm not going to defend ME:A in any way, but The Witcher 3 had an 80 million dollar budget. It's one of my all-time favorite games, but they likely spent quite a bit more than ME.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I'm not going to defend ME:A in any way, but The Witcher 3 had an 80 million dollar budget. It's one of my all-time favorite games, but they likely spent quite a bit more than ME.

From what I've heard that 80 million includes the marketing budget while the 40 million on Mass Effect does not so the price tag for W3 is probably pretty close. Assuming what I've seen claimed is true of course.

Edit: The 80 mil does include marketing. Source

• 1Solidarity