Mass effect Remastered - Legendary Edition - 2021

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Preloading now. Never played any of them. Watched my old roommate finish ME1 when it released. Had this song in some playlists ever since.

Also this guys theme is pretty cool:

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Playing it on the console now and thought "Why not play through ME1 as an Adept this time?" I had a pretty good run as an Adept on a play through a few years ago, let that be my class. Holy hell using powers on the console is so different. I may either switch back to the Soldier or the PC, I am not sure which. I always choose Vanguard starting at the rebuild in ME2. The new faces in ME1 on Eden Prime are spooky weird different good. Its hard to get used to the new looks Also the mini-games on the console are different, which I knew but after playing on the PC for so many years, its hard to make my brain do the right things. GMG has the PC version for 52 bucks, I may just take the plunge there since eventually I will want this for PC I am sure. It unlocks at 15:00 GMT/10:00 CDT 14-May tomorrow, as everyone is finding out. I am sure that is Origin vs. Microsoft because bastards.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
But they relegated Thane, Legion, and to a lesser extent Mordin to "background" duty in 3.

JFC every time I talk about this game it just pisses me off in new ways and some of them even worse than before.
wasn't all the characters in me2 except tali and garrus were just side missions?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If there was a mod to get Jack in ME1 I'd be tempted to play this. Just three full games of me and Garrus skeet shooting.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I feel like ME1's companions grew relatively organically and made "sense" in a way that ME2's didn't. For the most part, ME2's companions may as well have just been faceless redshirts.

Does anyone actually remember people like Jacob? Kasumi? Samara/Morinth? Grunt? For the most part, the best companions in ME2 were the carryovers from ME1 like Tali and Garrus. Sure, there were some standouts like Legion and Mordin, but then then 3 went and shit all over Legion and almost Mordin. Mordin was mostly redeemed by going out like a total boss, but it had to be him.
Sounds like revisionist history and comparing the strongest companions from ME1 with the weakest ones in ME2.

I think I like ME2's companions more exactly because they didn't grow organically. They showed up ready to party.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Was going to buy this strictly for the ME3 multiplayer but apparently they didn’t keep it for the remaster. Bummer.

I’ve played the fuck out of all the campaigns and really have zero desire to do it again, but goddamn MP was fun.

Easily the most shallow gaming experience I’ve ever had that much fun with and been addicted to. I played that shit endlessly, it was so satisfying. I hope they reconsider and add it in the future. I’m still salty about Andromeda and the fact that they didn’t even try to fix it whatsoever, but I’d play ME3 MP again in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was going to buy this strictly for the ME3 multiplayer but apparently they didn’t keep it for the remaster. Bummer.

I’ve played the fuck out of all the campaigns and really have zero desire to do it again, but goddamn MP was fun.

Easily the most shallow gaming experience I’ve ever had that much fun with and been addicted to. I played that shit endlessly, it was so satisfying. I hope they reconsider and add it in the future. I’m still salty about Andromeda and the fact that they didn’t even try to fix it whatsoever, but I’d play ME3 MP again in a besrtbeaf
I played the shit out of ME3 MP but there's absolutely no way it still holds up nine years later compared to what's on the market in that genre now.

• 1Pathetic

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I played the shit out of ME3 MP but there's absolutely no way it still holds up nine years later compared to what's on the market in that genre now.
What modern game would you say has similar gameplay as ME3's MP?

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’d take it over end game division 2, destiny, Anthem, or rough riders.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What modern game would you say has similar gameplay as ME3's MP?
Deep Rock Galactic, Vermintide 2, World War Z, Zombie Army 4, any of the CoDs with a zombie mode, or the upcoming Back 4 Blood by the Left 4 Dead devs.

I'm sure there are more but those are the horde survival games that immediately jump to mind.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think I've been watching anime girls too much lately. Sheps head looks about 50% too small :emoji_laughing:

Also, this is good:

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
This sitting so so amazing.

I really hope that movie with Henry Cavill as Shep happens.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like revisionist history and comparing the strongest companions from ME1 with the weakest ones in ME2.

I think I like ME2's companions more exactly because they didn't grow organically. They showed up ready to party.
Outside of arguably Kaidan/Ashley, ME1 didn't really have a weak companion.

That's exactly why ME2 just doesn't quite compare for me. A number of companions are total throwaways. The only reason I listed Tali/Garrus isn't because they're necessarily the strongest (Garrus makes the list), they were just the only 2 BioWare gave enough of shit about to actually continue allowing them to grow. The rest they tossed away. And most of the better companions for 2? They get the same treatment in 3. Mordin, Legion, Thane, etc.

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

lol fuck that.

It would be so much better with, hmm, let's say Emily Blunt as femshep.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Mordin, Legion, and Thane all got pretty good closure in ME3. The rest of ME2 specific cast was pretty forgettable. ME1 really only the humans were dull as fuck, the rest of the characters had great arcs across the entire series. If they had not fucked up turning the prothean into DLC, he might have been the best addition to the game.

Basically most of what you guys are bitching about is a combination of BioWare changing the head writer and trying to scam DLC money.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Wait, they make you install origin to play this when purchased on steam?

uhhh, god damnit.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
lol fuck that.

The issue with making a movie with Femshep is no one is going to deliver the lines like Jennifer Hale did.

• 1Solidarity

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>

I always thought Matthew Fox would make a great Shepard. But Henry Cavil? Amazing. Of course they could have to blackwash it though in 2021 and find a BIPOC Woman for the role.
lol fuck that.

Raaaaacist. Only Henry Golding dressed as a woman can play femshep. Wait, not authentically Trans, you say? Then get Elliot Page, back to Him Shep and I will cancel myself stage left.

I was going to go for a Gina Carano joke in there somewhere but when she returns triumphantly to the Star Wars universe, she won't have time.