Master of Orion

khorum

Murder Apologist
A modern Star Control would be a welcome console game, too.
SPAZ1 is basically a modern StarControl2. I played the fuck out of it and bringing it up kinda makes me wanna fire it up again. The devs are just a couple guys and they've been working on the sequel for a couple years. They mentioned they'd let the diehards into the beta at some point and I've got 100+ hours on I best get in.

SPAZ 2 looks like it's picked up a lot of Space Rangers 2's galaxy metagame, which is awesome imo.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
MOO2 is one of the few games I could truly said to have mastered, as I came to the point where I could relatively reliably win it on the most difficult setting. I probably spent far more time playing it than ever doing homework. I recently bought MOO1+2 on GoG and replayed it for a time. It's still great though the interface is shit. As someone else said, all they need to do is polish up the graphics, interface and fix a few bugs and I'd buy it in a heartbeat for $20 or so. If they do change a lot of the game, like making it 3d or something like that, then there comes a real danger of the game losing it's original magic.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
MOO2 was really easy to break with certain custom race builds (or just being a race that had certain talents). Creative and Telepathic were so unbalanced. I would like to see them scale those back a tad and make the top difficulty somewhat winnable by less optimized races. Also, dial back the spying shit somewhat. At the top diff it was just insane how you would get a research advance and the fucking Darlocks would instantly spy it from you on the same turn and then trade it to everyone else.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
That's part of why it was so great.

Same shit you see in every genre. Old games were unbalanced, hard, flawed, with the npcs mouth fucking you in impossible ways.

That is part of the magic.

And yes, trailer rang out as corny, dumb, "look 3d!!!1", none of which I give a duck about.

This series is easily one of my top5, going to be ultra critical.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy shit Alan Tudyk, John de Lancie, Mark Hamill, Michael Dorn, Robert Englund?

Please tell me this is them adding a layer of polish to a gem and not them trying to coat a pile of shit with gold, because I'm psyched.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Holy shit Alan Tudyk, John de Lancie, Mark Hamill, Michael Dorn, Robert Englund?

Please tell me this is them adding a layer of polish to a gem and not them trying to coat a pile of shit with gold, because I'm psyched.
We'll find out Feb 26th.

From the FAQ:

Why Early Access?
"Master of Orion is first and foremost a passion project for us, so it's very important that we create a worthy successor. We feel Early Access is a critical step in engaging the Master of Orion fan base that will allow them to contribute to the continued development of this iconic 4X franchise."
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
"We are anticipating Early Access to last a minimum of three months, with at least three phases that release additional races and features over time."
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
"The Early Access version of Master of Orion will initially only include six races, fewer victory conditions and some features will be disabled as we continue to polish them. We will initially only support English and Russian text and voiceover, but will release additional language support as we progress through Early Access.

Despite the limitations mentioned above, the core gameplay experience will be available, allowing for a full playthrough of the game."
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
"Currently Master of Orion is in the last stages of Alpha. Once Alpha is complete we will transition to Early Access."
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
"No, pricing will remain consistent during Early Access and after. There might be times where we participate in Steam sales, but the base price of the Collector's Edition will remain at $49.99. Pricing and availability for the Standard Edition will be shared at a later date."
How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?

"We plan to create dedicated forum sections for Early Access to gather feedback from the community. We will be participating in the forum discussions and following impressions very closely. This feedback will be incredibly valuable to us as we fine-tune the gameplay experience and balance, and consider changes to features."

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Looks like they spent 20% of their total budget on the 4 hours they brought in the B-Movie actors. To make them do those interviews hyping the game on their way out really bothered me. Fuck, half didn't bother shaving or brushing their hair that morning.

There's so much effort to create a nerdgasm without giving ANY and I mean ANY real insight to the actual fucking game, that I'm 100% pirating this first. I really, really, really, really, really, really hope this isn't just another money grab with a "not bad enough to really complain" gameplay.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Looks like they spent 20% of their total budget on the 4 hours they brought in the B-Movie actors. To make them do those interviews hyping the game on their way out really bothered me. Fuck, half didn't bother shaving or brushing their hair that morning.

There's so much effort to create a nerdgasm without giving ANY and I mean ANY real insight to the actual fucking game, that I'm 100% pirating this first. I really, really, really, really, really, really hope this isn't just another money grab with a "not bad enough to really complain" gameplay.
Anything is possible. Also it's the pricey CE version that's available for early access, poor folk have to wait for the standard version.

Also
Publisher WG Labs also announced that the Collector's Edition of Master of Orion, which includes the original MOO trilogy, "retro art Pixel Ships," a digital artbook, soundtrack, and the new Terran Khanate race, will be available on Steam Early Access and GOG's Games In Development on February 26, and will cost $50/?46. The standard edition will be available when the game goes into full release.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even though it's not the same company, MoO3 guaranteed that I would never pay for another MoO game without having first played it, or getting absolutely glowing reviews from people.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Eh, it's only $50 and I lost my MoO2 CDs long ago if they were even still usable. It's zero risk for me simply because of feeling comfortable paying that for MoO2 again.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The ONLY thing this studio has done is World of Tanks. I've heard plenty of good things about the game, but that's still only 1 game.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I'm with Gavin. The money means fuckall. I'm just not buying a brick twice. I still have moo3. Only played once. Granted it was like a 20 hour session but ended with me like a 8 year old child who just found out Santa wasn't real. And neither is Jesus. And your dad isn't really your dad. Your mom is a whore.

It sucked.

This game gets great reviews or I play a version that doesn't make me laugh and cry at the same time and I will gladly buy it. But intuition (not to mention fucking logic and statistics) tells me a lot of you fuckers are throwing your money away on a "Sure we will let you see the game...give us money first tho ok?"

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Frogloks have merged their genes with the Sakkra apparently.

rrr_img_126959.jpg