Master of Orion

Ichu

Molten Core Raider

Master of Orion: A Legend Reborn
The game which wrote the blueprint for 4X strategy has been reimagined by Wargaming.
Wargaming has charted a course that will take gamers out of the world. Master of Orion, the critically acclaimed sci-fi strategy game, has been reborn.
This reimagining is set to enhance the title?s iconic 4X gameplay of Explore, Expand, Exploit and Exterminate for new and old fans alike. Players can expect a deeply strategic experience where they must utilize brute force, diplomacy, exploration and much more in their bid for victory.
With enhanced visuals, built from the ground up, Master of Orion reimagines galaxies like never before and breathes life into a universe waiting for intrepid explores to conquer. On their journey, players will be interacting with over a dozen diverse races, all with their own quirks and ambitions. It is up to you to shape your gaming experience.
Under the hood, there is a revamped user interface with many great features to aid you in quest. An orchestral score from the original game?s composer is your epic soundtrack on the galactic stage, accompanied by new voice over recordings and user tutorials.
Master of Orion is set to bring Wargaming back to its science fiction roots, which began with the renowned Massive Assault series. The game has been developed by the Argentine-based NGD Studios, including key members from the original Master of Orion, so you know the game will be staying true to its classic 4X gameplay.
Stay up to date with all the latest information on our Facebook and Twitter feeds, and get ready to ?Conquer the stars?!
For more information on Master of Orion, please visit:
Master of Orion - The iconic 4X strategy gameplay. Master of Orion(North America)
Master of Orion - The iconic 4X strategy gameplay. Master of Orion(Europe)
Master of Orion - The iconic 4X strategy gameplay. Master of Orion(Southeast Asia)

MOO2 was awesome. Some fresh paint and the removal of a couple of annoyances from the original series would be enough to get me playing this again.

iannis

Musty Nester
I even liked the buggy pile of shit that was MOO3. I wish they'd do the 3d map in GalCiv.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Cool. A lot of what we have out there people refer to as MOO clones or successors. I've never played MOO.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Watched the trailer, no longer interested.

Sad, was one of, if not my outright favorite turn based strategy game ever.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Trailer made me think of Moo3. Moo3 thoughts are bad therefore trailer is bad.

Seriously though 3d means fuckall with this series if they cant understand what made it great. Looking forward to seeing more but I'm not sure in this day and age it's even possible to capture all that was great about this series especially how horribly balanced the games were and how much fun that made them.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
dGCtH2m.png

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It's just a goofy trailer and probably has zero to do with the game.
Only thing I took from the trailer is they definitely made it a point to show the gameplay evolving from 2d-3d.

This is a sacred game. Forgive us for being skeptical a South American developer is going to deliver.
tongue.png
. that said. Still looking forward to seeing more.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Interesting. Never really played MOO, but have heard a great deal of them.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Only thing I took from the trailer is they definitely made it a point to show the gameplay evolving from 2d-3d.

This is a sacred game. Forgive us for being skeptical a South American developer is going to deliver.
tongue.png
. that said. Still looking forward to seeing more.
Oh the game is probably going to be garbage. I say that based solely on who the developer is. Not some silly trailer you're reading too much in to.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The only Microprose game left for a revamp is Master of Magic. Which was my favorite.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to be cautiously optimistic, but wargaming has made zero P2P titles so far, right ? Maybe they want to establish themselves as serious publisher, so they will throw money at it, until it's good. The graphics mean fuckall, these games need to be playable on anything and everything, what about seamlessly switching between your PC and tablet during a single game ? I don't want the game to waste my time watching animations and loading screens when I could be figuring out what I want to build/kill/destroy. Good example is Heroes, 3 has pretty much zero loading times, 5 still does and it makes hopping between castles pretty annoying. I imagine the newer ones are even worse

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have the same amount of faith in this as I do when I hear about a new Jagged Alliance game being in development.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I remember sinking YEARS of my youth into MoO2. When MoO3 was announced it was like a year straight of wet dreams. I played it and was left so empty inside that a piece of my childhood died and was never heard from again. Its very hard for me to get excited about any MoO game at this point until I see some extended gameplay

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MoO was awesome, I replayed it a few years ago a lot as well because it focused on the better parts

exploration
building ships
expand
war

Just maxing out factories for population, getting a planetary shield and some missile launchers and terraform the hostile planets was really good enough for me on planet development. I don't wanna play Civ and build dozens of buildings and micromanage all kinds of shit for tiny benefits on the planets. Getting pretty fucking tired of the building mudflation in Civ lately anyways.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The game I really wish they would remake is Master of Magic, which was made by the same company that did MOO. A modern Star Control would be a welcome console game, too.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
The game I really wish they would remake is Master of Magic, which was made by the same company that did MOO. A modern Star Control would be a welcome console game, too.
Didn't that game already come out?

oh yea was called Worlds of Magic