Matrix prequel trilogy in the works for 2017

iannis

Musty Nester
They probably do need to investigate creating a formal new internet format and finding a way to sell it. A 10 hour long splooge that can be broken various ways.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
TheEdge? I think. Or something similar. Was nuts. Either way, I liked the Matrix world, so if they can like... go back to what made the first one good while keeping the action scenes from the second/third, it could be pretty cool. Hopes aren't exactly super high, however.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Just the words 'prequel trilogy' gives me cold shivers.quiet inner screaming also

They should find some other description.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
TheEdge? I think. Or something similar. Was nuts. Either way, I liked the Matrix world, so if they can like... go back to what made the first one good while keeping the action scenes from the second/third, it could be pretty cool. Hopes aren't exactly super high, however.
Yes it was The Edge. Good god what a nutjob. He just posted in the Star Wars 7 thread last night, so unfortunately he isn't dead.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The series didn't have a satisfying conclusion as it was. The Earth is still fucked, almost every single human being is still plugged in and can't really be unplugged for multiple reasons. All that we really see is an end to hostilities. What happens next?

And I can't see anything they do being as good as part 1 and part 2 of The Second Renaissance from the Animatrix.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So the prequels are basically just going to be Terminator movies, only (maybe) without the time travel. Show how the machines took over the world, only we know that the machines ultimately win and enslave all of mankind.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
And WTF is up with all these movie scoops coming from the "Latino Review". They have been the ones to break a lot of the Star Wars prequel rumors and news.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Maybe it will just be one of the earlier iterations and they will remake movie #2 & 3 to not suck dick. Also this time Neo is a tranny.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
And WTF is up with all these movie scoops coming from the "Latino Review". They have been the ones to break a lot of the Star Wars prequel rumors and news.
the janitor is latino the house maid is latino the person who walks the dog is latino the gardener is latino, in other words the people you let into your office or home b/c your ass is too lazy to clean. shit is bound to get out especially is in hollywood.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They used to post a lot of "scoops" that turned out to be straight up bullshit. Think they've cleaned that up some.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
the janitor is latino the house maid is latino the person who walks the dog is latino the gardener is latino, in other words the people you let into your office or home b/c your ass is too lazy to clean. shit is bound to get out especially is in hollywood.
"We haul your trash, we make your tacos, we drive your taxis, we put your kids to sleep while you pass out drunk. Do not fuck with us."

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
We had a lot of fun talking Matrix before. Who was it that bought in to it as a genius series before? Thought everyone else was just too dumb to understand all the subtleties and nuances.
The first was a sic-fi masterpiece, the second and third were giant money grab turds. Sorry, but this is just a shameless get for cash after their last few projects took massive dumps at the box office. I suspect Watchowski is a pen name for Shyamalan at this point.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
So the prequels are basically just going to be Terminator movies, only (maybe) without the time travel. Show how the machines took over the world, only we know that the machines ultimately win and enslave all of mankind.
That's usually the problem with prequels. A lot of the drama is immediately sucked out of them by knowing the ending before going into it. The peril Obi Wan and Anakin were put into in the prequels were immediately nullified since we knew they'd make it out alive. Granted, they can set this prequel long before the events of the first Matrix movie with completely new characters, but we ultimately know the machines win, so it's just a series of the humans futile attempts to fight off the machines. Perhaps the only bit of interest would be seeing how the resistance comes to be, but I really can't see that storyline sustaining three movies.