Matrix prequel trilogy in the works for 2017

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Die Hard 2 better than 3? list is invalid.

Astrocreep and my wife are the only two people I know that liked Temple of Doom! Astro gets a pass because he showed me that Indiana Jones documentary that I love.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Die Hard 2 better than 3? list is invalid.

Astrocreep and my wife are the only two people I know that liked Temple of Doom! Astro gets a pass because he showed me that Indiana Jones documentary that I love.
others have posted that they liked Temple too, but they probably dont love it like i do. as i said i saw it in the theater twice in a row. its also the first movie i ever paid for and went to on my own. i was 13 and i wanted to be like the big boys. when i got home after the double showing, it was like 9pm, i got in big trouble because nobody knew where the fuck i had been all that time. i left for the movies after 3pm.

anyway, it has lots of nostalgic value to me even if i can admit willie wasnt a very good actress. id still have porked her back then in that cute little outfit she wore at the pangkok palace.
oh and im happy you enjoyed that indy doc. im still waiting for the guy to do temple of doom. but he went with the Jaws doc instead. each one of those docs takes him about a year to put together.

the link to all his documentaries are here in case he does come up with indy 2 someday.
tongue.png

Jamie Bennings Videos on Vimeo

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I have been maintaining since 2006 a little web site for my group of movie going friends (6 people) where we rate movies we see (yuk, meh and then 1 to 4 stars). I know people often seem enamored with Pan's Labyrinth so I confess I was semi-trolling when I mentioned my genuine taste for Blade II over it, but before doing so I went and re-checked the 2006 edition of our site and surely enough the five people who saw Pan's Labyrinth rated it at a single star.

Before you accuse us all of being stupid, I should mention all 6 of us have a background in film history, two of us are currently university professor in that field, three of us have been paid to write movie reviews at some point (including me), four of us have been publishing academic papers on the subject of movies and one of us is managing a film archive. That being said, we certainly become stupid when we eat out after seeing a lame movie together (the good movies are usually for the wives and girlfriends!).
if you think pan's labyrinth sucked, and you're a professor in that field, then you must be a professor at devry university.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
temple of doom is awesome. I don't understand why that's a point of contention. is it better than the others? well, that's subjective... it's got a different feel, that's for sure... but it's still just as awesome.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Temple of Doom's main problem is that the secondary 'hero' characters ( Willie and that fucken kid ) are just so annoying and hopeless.

Badly written and annoying on screen. I can remember watching it as a kid and my favorite moment was ( perhaps still is ) is when possessed Indy gives the kid a solid backhand across the face. It shuts him up for several seconds = YES!!!

Well the dinner table scene is pretty stupid too.

Best scene, where Indy stands on the bridge and goes "Hell with it all" and cuts the bridge. That's an awesome moment what Indy is about.

spronk

FPS noob
temple of doom is ok, but weird indian dudes eating monkey brains and ripping out hearts aren't as scary as nazis. gotta have nazi's or sean connery (or BOTH!) to be a good indy movie

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Temple of Doom was actually the best Indy movie when I was little. I thought everybody agreed on that! Hm, go figure. I must have been six or thereabouts when Doom came out on video and everybody at school was all about it. Short Round being a Goonie might've had something to do with it. Raiders was probably too 'adult' back then. Years later I saw Raiders again and then yeah, it became my favorite one. Haven't seen the fourth so can't say about that one.

Conan the Barbarian's another 80s flick that absolutely kicked even more ass later on. There's barely any dialogue. Dredd reminds me of it a bit, the stripped, basic plot and no-frills just-balls. Practically everything Dredd says is no more than two, three to four words at a time. I was cracking up watching that movie. Fucking. Awesome.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Feanor:
Dredd reminds me of it a bit, the stripped, basic plot and no-frills just-balls. Practically everything Dredd says is no more than two, three to four words at a time. I was cracking up watching that movie. Fucking. Awesome.
Exactly, a good example is :

When Mama does her incredible 1,000m drop and face-plants the concrete in graphic slo-mo, we cut back to Dredd at the top floor. He holds for a few seconds then says a deep gravel voiced "Yeah!"

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so yeah im watching temple of doom again tonight. and i have to thank allah/buddah/god/zeus/satan/vishnu/ganish for george lucas spending 15 years raping the star wars trilogy. so much so he didnt have time to buttfuck temple of doom. If lucas made han solo not shoot first in the SE he would not have hesitated to delete the opening scene of Doom where Indy is sticking a fork into kate capshaws dress and using her as a human shield and then punching a random woman right in the fucking face.

and after watching temple of doom again i still gotta say it was an awesome movie. all the effects looks better than anything they have today. those matte paintings and stop motion miniature effects kick the shit out of any green screen computer effects. and there should be no hatin short round, he was a goonie and he did really well in temple of doom, saved indy's ass more than a few times.

iannis

Musty Nester
Conan the Barbarian is an absolutely perfect B movie. My love for that shitty movie is eternal. THE TREE OF WOAH.

I had the opposite with Temple of Doom. I've come to appreciate it more the older I get. Watching it as a kid most of it bored me. The obvious parts pulling hearts out of chests parts weren't boring, but most of the movie wasn't able to hold my childish attention. And the Hero getting mind controlled and needing to be rescued was absolutely repugnant to a 12 year old's version of the world!

It's not bad. It's pretty good. It's just so different.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Conan the Barbarian is an absolutely perfect B movie. My love for that shitty movie is eternal. THE TREE OF WOAH.

I had the opposite with Temple of Doom. I've come to appreciate it more the older I get. Watching it as a kid most of it bored me. The obvious parts pulling hearts out of chests parts weren't boring, but most of the movie wasn't able to hold my childish attention. And the Hero getting mind controlled and needing to be rescued was absolutely repugnant to a 12 year old's version of the world!

conan is one of those movies that no matter what, whenever it's on, i wind up having to watch it.

spronk

FPS noob
watch conan the barbarian bluray sometime with audio commentary. its basically arnold describing whats happening on screen like he has never seen the movie, and the director being a pervy old man talking about hot women

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

i think Keanu was put on the Tree of Woah after his performance in matrix revolutions then put back there again for The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Conan spent some time on the Tree of WOE
Tree of Woe - Conan Wiki

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
watch conan the barbarian bluray sometime with audio commentary. its basically arnold describing whats happening on screen like he has never seen the movie, and the director being a pervy old man talking about hot women
Arnold sounds totally shitfaced throughout the whole thing; at one point he says something like, 'holy shit, Conan gets laid alot!'. He really did sound like he had never seen the movie, and hell, maybe he never did. One of the most entertaining commentaries I've ever heard, for sure - and Conan is timeless. My favorite scene is where Conan and Subotai are discussing Crom and the Four Winds. The pensive looks on Conan's face as he gets theologically pwned by Subotai are priceless.

Arakkis

N00b
I have been maintaining since 2006 a little web site for my group of movie going friends (6 people) where we rate movies we see (yuk, meh and then 1 to 4 stars). I know people often seem enamored with Pan's Labyrinth so I confess I was semi-trolling when I mentioned my genuine taste for Blade II over it, but before doing so I went and re-checked the 2006 edition of our site and surely enough the five people who saw Pan's Labyrinth rated it at a single star.

Before you accuse us all of being stupid, I should mention all 6 of us have a background in film history, two of us are currently university professor in that field, three of us have been paid to write movie reviews at some point (including me), four of us have been publishing academic papers on the subject of movies and one of us is managing a film archive. That being said, we certainly become stupid when we eat out after seeing a lame movie together (the good movies are usually for the wives and girlfriends!).
Well this certainly explains your shitty taste. I come to sites like this to avoid "real" critics because anyone that claims to actually have credentials to judge artistic merit is a tool. Art is subjective and any critique of art, no matter how many fake degrees are behind it, is simply an opinion.