Mattresses

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
sounds like you should just get one of those full foam (no halvsies 50/50 latex and foam or 50/50 spring and foam) you need a deep 10in full foam mattress
b16e71277d709eca8a2e0214c9e40b70.png

it's cheap enough that a queen could be had for under $300
Zinus 12 Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress / CertiPUR-US Certified / Bed-in-a-Box / Pressure Relieving, Queen

you could return it or have a really good guess room bed
Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm pretty tempted to get one of the gel ones

Edit: Didn't post while I was browsing amazon, and replies since lul

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Void Void
also it's 5lb density memory foam, that was pretty thicc back then, now i believe the standard is to use 3lb memory foam

so you need to look for 5lb dense and 5in of memoryfoam

heres a pic i found
82a9c65243c1116d1f55227ec9455016.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Void Void
also it's 5lb density memory foam, that was pretty thicc back then, now i believe the standard is to use 3lb memory foam

so you need to look for 5lb dense and 5in of memoryfoam

heres a pic i found
82a9c65243c1116d1f55227ec9455016.png
Thanks! I didn't do any research like that when making my second purchase, as I assumed it was mostly all the same. I was going to due diligence it when buying a new one, but you've probably done all the work for me. It likely won't be until Christmas bonus time before I buy another, but I will definitely check back on this and try to find something that has these specs and let you guys know if it is what I wanted.

slippery slippery There is honestly nothing wrong with the mattress if you don't have the issue that I have with wanting it to retain its shape. It is a good, solid, mattress. As you can see I've had it for 2.5 years, and in terms of wear and tear or dips or anything, it still seems as good as new. It just doesn't support me the way I want it to. It might be exactly what you like. For the low cost, I'm not even mad about paying for something I don't like; my beef is just that I don't get a good night's sleep.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Thanks! I didn't do any research like that when making my second purchase, as I assumed it was mostly all the same. I was going to due diligence it when buying a new one, but you've probably done all the work for me. It likely won't be until Christmas bonus time before I buy another, but I will definitely check back on this and try to find something that has these specs and let you guys know if it is what I wanted.

slippery slippery There is honestly nothing wrong with the mattress if you don't have the issue that I have with wanting it to retain its shape. It is a good, solid, mattress. As you can see I've had it for 2.5 years, and in terms of wear and tear or dips or anything, it still seems as good as new. It just doesn't support me the way I want it to. It might be exactly what you like. For the low cost, I'm not even mad about paying for something I don't like; my beef is just that I don't get a good night's sleep.
if you want to test it out, that you want "true" memory foam (which is 5.5lbs) as rated

even tho you said you didn't like it, maybe this time, search for a 5.5lb memory foam topper, tho i did basic searches and it's not looking good, you might find something in the 4in range, but 5in, 5.5lbs is a dinosaur, or maybe get 2, 3inch 5.5lbs toppers, lulz

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm pretty tempted to get one of the gel ones

Edit: Didn't post while I was browsing amazon, and replies since lul
I've got one of the Zinus 5 inch mattresses in our van. Mostly bought it because it needed to be cut down (can't quite fit the full length of a mattress). It wasn't the most comfortable out of the box so we bought a 3 inch latex topper.

We slept on it for nearly the last 3 weeks as we drove across the country. I slept pretty well on it. On our last cross country 2 years ago, it gave me hip pain occasionally, but this trip has been fine.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
so Void Void it seems these are the only ppl making "real" memory foam toppers

Soft Sleeper Visco Elastic Memory Foam

sears home also sells it

if you need to test it out in store or whatever

again what youre looking for is 5.5 memory foam (this is 5.5 lbs/sq foot of density) this company also does 6.5 and 6.8 as well
Thanks man. I don't really check the boards over the weekend so I didn't see it until now. I appreciate it.

You should definitely get yourself a job as a personal shopper.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Anyone with purple mattresses able to confirm if they bounce?..

Don't think there is a store with them within several hours of where I live. Lol

Kiki

Log Wizard
I went mattress shopping recently. Tried out a bunch. Initially I was leaning more toward the top end beautyrest hybrid, I forget the line now, but the top of the line one (not the black etc). My wife really liked a memory foam sealy. The problem I had was I knew that neither one would last, beautyrest is notorious for sagging, and memoryfoam is memory foam. They offer a warranty that is like an inch and a half sag they will replace, but the problem always ends up between the layers, and memory foam bounces back so you'll never be able to claim the warranty. Looked at the purple 3 and 4. 4 was just too soft by far. 3 seemed good but very bouncy. Those will probably last far longer than anything memory foam however.

Since I don't really want another hybrid and I wanted something that would last, I knew I probably wanted a latex mattress so I went to a smaller store that sold them. Immediately my wife and I found something that both felt amazing for us. It's like laying on a cloud, latex foam, plenty of support for lower back, but soft enough to give at the hips and shoulder since I'm a side sleeper (my wife is a combo tho), no springs. And I know that it'll last much longer than any of the others we tried. Went with the thickest Posh and Lavish, with an adjustable base that has adjustable lumbar support. All latex, they did have latex hybrids (latex top with springs) from Pure Talalay Bliss which didn't feel bad either. P&L owners founded PTB and then sold it, so the two brands are semi related. Honestly a game changer for us, I don't think we'll ever go back to a conventional mattress. If I were to buy a purple 3, I'd probably put a 3 inch talalay topper on it, the shit is just godly. You want something that is soft and hugs your curves, but also gives support.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Looking for a mattress topper that specifically stays cool. Current one gets pretty hot from me laying on it.

Ive had success with my pillow sheets but hard to swallow their price even with discount for a topper. Any suggestions?