Mattresses

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I've been saving all year for a bed, it's insane how many options there are. It's a little overwhelming.

Kiki

Log Wizard
I'm going latex this time around, split king with different firmness on each side for each of us. They put a soft top layer so there is no gap. My hybrid memory foam and springs is starting to sag and giving me problems. Going latex for increased life and no overheating.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I tried laying down on a sleep number bed in a mall awhile back and nearly fell asleep after several mins

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've been saving all year for a bed, it's insane how many options there are. It's a little overwhelming.

I got a Nest mattress this year. If you don't like it in the first six months they will refund your money and you keep the mattress. They just ask that you donate it to someone in need. They don't specify that you might be the one in need.

I didn't do this but I would have if I was broke or in money trouble lol. Or if I genuinely didn't like it but, I do.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I got a Nest mattress this year. If you don't like it in the first six months they will refund your money and you keep the mattress. They just ask that you donate it to someone in need. They don't specify that you might be the one in need.

I didn't do this but I would have if I was broke or in money trouble lol. Or if I genuinely didn't like it but, I do.
Bold business model

• 1Truth!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hey Hekotat Hekotat if you want to save money on the bed you can get a full refund on if you want to they’re 20% off this weekend, and free shipping.

What I did was went to a mattress site that lets you select how you sleep etc, and it recommends some. Then I watched some amazing reviews on YouTube from some mattress dude. Narrowed it down to 2-3 types, went to a local mattress place and tried them there. My Nest is the equivalent of the Beautyrest Hybrid that Falstaff Falstaff linked but Nest was $600-700 cheaper, plus they had that crazy refund policy which is what sold me on it.

The Nest discount info:
AB5D4A66-1237-4F9A-96FF-CC3A0FFDF280.jpeg

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I bought a Sealy Silver Chill last year and I love it. I've always had issues with running hot while I sleep and waking up sweaty and this mattress has completely eliminated that. Super comfortable too, I just can't say enough good things about it.

I had toyed with the idea of getting one of the bed in boxes but ultimately decided against it for a few reasons:
- The foam materials that the bed in boxes are made of are going to break down much faster than something that has coils inside it supporting the weight
- The bed in boxes are smaller in depth, so higher in density, meaning they're (probably) going to be less efficient at dissipating body heat
- The fact that there's about 20 different brands all promising the same thing and none of them have been around more than a few years so there's really no data regarding the durability of their products

Kiki

Log Wizard
Hey Hekotat Hekotat if you want to save money on the bed you can get a full refund on if you want to they’re 20% off this weekend, and free shipping.

What I did was went to a mattress site that lets you select how you sleep etc, and it recommends some. Then I watched some amazing reviews on YouTube from some mattress dude. Narrowed it down to 2-3 types, went to a local mattress place and tried them there. My Nest is the equivalent of the Beautyrest Hybrid that Falstaff Falstaff linked but Nest was $600-700 cheaper, plus they had that crazy refund policy which is what sold me on it.

The Nest discount info:
View attachment 299139

I wish they had more options in the Latex non-hybrid, I would buy one today. No split king, no plush, etc.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

The Nest discount info:
View attachment 299139

I'll check this out, thank you. I'm basically waiting on my credit card free dollars to become high enough. This sale might do it, so I'll check it out. Thanks again.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So, I bought an Avocado Green mattress and it got delivered three days go. My wife and I have officially gotten the WORST sleep we've ever gotten in our entire lives the last two nights. Consumer Reports rated this thing the best gd mattress in 2020. They gave it a firmness of 7/10, but they should've rated it 9000/10.

The wife made me go to the store to buy a 2" gel memory foam mattress topper, which barely helped. We still wake up in pain, but atleast we both fell asleep.

The morning after our first night on it I immediately ordered a Casper which should be here tomorrow.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So, I bought an Avocado Green mattress and it got delivered three days go. My wife and I have officially gotten the WORST sleep we've ever gotten in our entire lives the last two nights. Consumer Reports rated this thing the best gd mattress in 2020. They gave it a firmness of 7/10, but they should've rated it 9000/10.

The wife made me go to the store to buy a 2" gel memory foam mattress topper, which barely helped. We still wake up in pain, but atleast we both fell asleep.

The morning after our first night on it I immediately ordered a Casper which should be here tomorrow.
you can return that bullshit latex mattress right?

cuz the only reason ppl buy those latex mattress is to be fucking "organic"

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
you can return that bullshit latex mattress right?

cuz the only reason ppl buy those latex mattress is to be fucking "organic"

Consumer reports must be liars, bc they gave it hella high ratings.

And yes, but we have to keep it for 30 days lulz. New mattress comes tomorrow thank god.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Consumer reports must be liars, bc they gave it hella high ratings.

And yes, but we have to keep it for 30 days lulz. New mattress comes tomorrow thank god.
pretty sure you need at least a full day for it to come to size and to air out the factory smells

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I miss spring mattresses.

There such thing as memory foam with bounce?

Kiki

Log Wizard

It still has springs which put me in the hard no category for that one (why buy latex if you just have to replace it in 10 years anyway?). Plus yeah, it's rated way too firm. They don't even tell you what kind of latex it is, I definitely want to try something with talalay and all latex.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Purple mattress hybrid 3, best mattress I’ve ever slept on and worth every damn penny never regretted spending that much money on a mattress for even a second.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, we got a Casper Kind Original, but will be upgrading when we move in a couple months if we're not 100% satisfied.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Purple mattress hybrid 3, best mattress I’ve ever slept on and worth every damn penny never regretted spending that much money on a mattress for even a second.

Got this as well. Best fucking purchase I’ve made in my life. This thing is comfortable as fuck. Also got the big ass purple harmony pillows. They take a night or two to get used to the thickness but my god they’re amazing pillows.