May users have a personal thread in the rickshaw?

May users have a personal thread in the rickshaw?

• Yes

Votes: 271 66.6%
  • No

Votes: 136 33.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tanoomba tagged me in a post in that thread. I posted 4 times yesterday.

In how to win friends and influence people it says to never argue with someone who is wrong because nothing good ever comes of it. It says to be hearty in your approbation and lavish in praise. Do you think that would work here?
"How to win friends and influence people" should make it clear that mentioning that book or any other manipulation books is never a good idea.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Tanoomba tagged me in a post in that thread. I posted 4 times yesterday.

In how to win friends and influence people it says to never argue with someone who is wrong because nothing good ever comes of it. It says to be hearty in your approbation and lavish in praise. Do you think that would work here?
That was a good book.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It might, you have never tried that though. Why would you now?

You just spent all morning arguing with "someone who is wrong" and throwing a temper tantrum. Why stop now at the eve of your victory?

a_skeleton_03, you've done a fantastic job all things considered and I do think we're headed in the right direction with this new democratic forum. There is one small bit of advice I'd like to offer in regards to your new rickshaw thread naming policy and that is that this will make a terrible heachache for the mods and yourself in that now you'll have to police the very idiocy the rr means to contain and that could draw valuable amod attention from the more deserving forums. Don't you think there aught to be some place where if people are feeling stupid or are actually stupid they can act out without fear of persecution? It is the Internet after all.

Yours in good faith,

Picasso

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The problem with all this is it's just reinforcing tanoomba's self imagined victorys.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
This poll is a step in the wrong direction.

That said, voted yes. If people want to shitpost, and want to do it until they're infracted and have nowhere else to turn, RR is custom built for them.

Edit - Clarifying my statement: It's a step in the wrong direction because it's entirely facetious, not because we shouldn't have a say in whatever.

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It was common sense to me is all that it was.

This is no true shared common sense, though, as the results of this poll seem to be indicating thus far. This is why polls are glorious (if still imperfect).

Also, I was hardly ever on a warpath. I didn't even approach 1/50th of a Hodjening. I'm just like the guy that posts more on Meta Stack Overflow than Stack Overflow.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Any chance of an unobtrusive banner or other link pointing to the poll (like the mod elections) so more people see it given the relatively small timeframe?

JFC mountains out of molehills.

Yeah let me get a banner up for you.

Anything else you need?

I saw no mountain, no temper tantrum just a reasonably stated suggestion...

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This poll is a step in the wrong direction.

That said, voted yes. If people want to shitpost, and want to do it until they're infracted and have nowhere else to turn, RR is custom built for them.

Edit - Clarifying my statement: It's a step in the wrong direction because it's entirely facetious, not because we shouldn't have a say in whatever.
Why is it facetious?

Feien

Ploppers
Fuck, I know I shouldn't engage in this dumb drama, but a combination of my own idiocy, free time, and boredom entices me to.

a_skeleton_03, I sincerely consider you a cool dude, and I'm incredibly thankful for all you've done with this new space. You have put in so much more work than I would ever consider despite having visited this forum almost every day for the past 13 years... (and now that I'm done buttering you up here comes my rant)

But this banner being huge for everyone, or as you call it, passive-aggresive behavior, is borderline childish and you are pretty much spamming everyone instead of the people who are currently rustling your jimmies. Not that there shouldn't be a banner, but I hope you know what I mean. Sure at the moment this space may be your boat to sink if you so desired, but i think you might be slightly tarnishing your good work, just thought I'd mention it in case that is something you care about.

Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it, I honestly don't give too much of a shit. I just would like to request for the banner to not be as obtrusive.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
This banner is killing me. Pls make it stop!

edit: posted at same time as above but pretty much agree, you're just handing tanoomba a win, give a shit or not.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Try clicking the x on it.

Also, i laughed when i saw it. Pussies.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Half the fucking screen is the banner. My personal opinion is we need more rape.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Why is it facetious?
The giant banner? The fictitious "warpath" and "mountain"? The foot stomping?

a_skeleton_03's interaction ITT reads like "I'm going to ask you all your opinion, but I don't care anyway."

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I saw the banner first thing when I logged in. So yes it works.

Who gives a shit?
This. Don't care whether or not people have their own personal threads in shaw. But now that Tanoomba has used my very private southern love letter to hodj as his shitting ground (and a bunch of other shawed threads, I see), someone has got to stop him.

The one thing I agree with is that the Tanoomba nor Mist threads were HoS worthy.

Mist thread was alright, nothing wrong there. Tanoomba thread can eat a dick.

• 1Like
Status
Not open for further replies.