McGregor vs Mayweather - Aug 26

Szlia

My only experience with boxing is Punch Out, but how do you stop the fight when both guys are still on their feet?
When there is like 2 minutes left in the round and one of the guys is no longer able to lift his arm, you stop the fight.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Glad Floyd took it easy for 7 rounds, was a fun fight/event. That said, I grew up boxing and still train at a local gym - the sport is dying and good riddance. MMA is just a far superior product

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Some rule changes would make boxing not as shitty. Absolutely no hugging. Hugging gets you DQ. Turn your back and its completely legal to wail on someone. Lower the padding and weight on gloves to be more like MMA to save brain trama and make the hardest part of boxing not be fighting to stay awake.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Glad Floyd took it easy for 7 rounds, was a fun fight/event. That said, I grew up boxing and still train at a local gym - the sport is dying and good riddance. MMA is just a far superior product

This was actually a pretty nice goodbye to boxing

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Some rule changes would make boxing not as shitty. Absolutely no hugging. Hugging gets you DQ. Turn your back and its completely legal to wail on someone. Lower the padding and weight on gloves to be more like MMA to save brain trama and make the hardest part of boxing not be fighting to stay awake.

At that point you're just describing MMA without the first M.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
That was fun, even when it became obvious mcgregor couldn't get any power in his straight punches.

mcgreggor had a good jab until mayweather figured out he right punch his way to victory and he went terminator mode.

mayweathers back bi's and tri's are much bigger