Mechanical Keyboards

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I played around with my brother in law's MX Red and thought it sucked. Felt basically like a high quality membrane keyboard. Not sure why you'd spend the money on a mech and get a Red or Black switch. I use a Das Blue for Mac at work and a Das Brown at home. I also have a Blackwidow but replaced it since the Das decks were far, far better.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I've been using an Xarmor U9 with Browns for years and love it. Haven't looked in forever at what else is out there.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If you **TAP TAP** a mechanical **TAP TAP TAP** keyboard please don't use **TAP** when talk **TAP** in VOIP, thanks.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It was also funny because my brother in law is kind of a wanna-be techy but he always misses the mark ever so slightly. So when he got his mech deck (again Reds) he was like "Check it out hear how clicky it is!" And it was just the sound of him bottoming out the keycap. He doesn't know that I'm pretty versed in mech keyboards. I didn't correct him. He didn't seem to know anything about actuate points, linear vs tactile, clicky vs silent or bumps/depression force.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I have the Blackwidow Ultimate 2013. Love it. I had a Ducky Shine but I prefer the Razer.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If you **TAP TAP** a mechanical **TAP TAP TAP** keyboard please don't use **TAP** when talk **TAP** in VOIP, thanks.
Worst thing about them. Not only do you fill your own house with useless noise, but you fill my headphones with it too :[

He doesn't know that I'm pretty versed in mech keyboards. I didn't correct him. He didn't seem to know anything about actuate points, linear vs tactile, clicky vs silent or bumps/depression force.
We got a nerd badass up in here.

I kid, I kid.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I own several mech KB's. The best build quality IMO is the Deck (The Deck you can literately kill someone with it followed up with a 1000 word essay the next minute). Followed by Ducky, then Max and DAS keyboards. You can absolutely can not go wrong with any of those brands. Razer is by far the cheapest of the bunch in build quality. I would not recommend over any of the others I listed. I use my Blackbird KB's the most. Just wish they made red switches.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Somebody help an old man out. What's the advantage of a mechanical keyboard? I mean, I learned to type on a manual typewriter, and it wasn't special at all.

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
the can handle more key strokes at a time, think holding down forward, straiff, jump, swich weapson, etc, and it has more buffer, meaning you can hit more key strokes before the system starts beeping cause you have a stuck yet.

but most important is jut the feel. there's a half dozen popular mechanical types of keys. each taking a differnet amount of pressure, and different typing of 'clicking'. some are silent if you don't 'bottom out'. others have a click you feel so you know when you can release the key.