Mechanical Keyboards

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Happened to me earlier this year, picked the G910. Pretty happy so far.

I hate this keyboard. The keys stick and are unresponsive and the switches don't offer the kind of tactile response I'd want in a mechanical keyboard. I bought one, used it for 3 months, and put it in the closet.

I bought this as a replacement and think it's fantastic:

I just make sure to turn the lights off.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I hate this keyboard. The keys stick and are unresponsive and the switches don't offer the kind of tactile response I'd want in a mechanical keyboard. I bought one, used it for 3 months, and put it in the closet.

I bought this as a replacement and think it's fantastic:

I just make sure to turn the lights off.
some ppl had issues w/ the g910, using new romerG key, short actuation point (probably why you felt it unresponsive) vs any keyboard using cherrymx which has been around for over 30years and in billions of keyboards.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
The Corsair K95 Platinum is hands down the best keyboard I've used. It made me finally bench my old Filco I had imported like a decade ago.

I picked up one with the linear keys instead of the browns for the tactile bump. I don't find I miss the bump at all. These switches have been fantastic for all the typing I do at work and gaming at night.

Edit: I have all the lights on my keyboard/mouse/PC etc all set to a low muted white. Screw all that flashy color changing nonsense.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Holy shit $/€200 for that K95 keyboard. I wanted mechanical keys, G-keys (for the MMOs I no longer play) and maybe backlight of any kind. The G910 was the cheapest option with all those features (plus I got it via amazon warehouse deal for €95)

Works for me. At work I have a Cherry MX-board 3.0 brown but as I said I wanted backlighting and additional keys.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Holy shit $/€200 for that K95 keyboard. I wanted mechanical keys, G-keys (for the MMOs I no longer play) and maybe backlight of any kind. The G910 was the cheapest option with all those features (plus I got it via amazon warehouse deal for €95)

Works for me. At work I have a Cherry MX-board 3.0 brown but as I said I wanted backlighting and additional keys.
yea additional prog keys is like BAMM extra 50$ min

i've used a ps/2 (cuz my kinesis is still ps2) version of this programmable stick for 10+ years, i stick it right underneath my monitor
X-keys USB Stick Keys (8 Key)

they also have a keypad version, etc

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Posted this in the Tech section as it seemed to have more traffic, but since this one is being used again, I'll repost it here.

Bought this to go with my new computer. I had an older das keyboard that still works great, but if I'm gonna spend 3 grand, why not get a new fucking keyboard too?

It is amazeballs. I love it even more than my original, as the old one was the clicky noise springs. This one isn't, but still feels great, and the keyboard is SOLID. No pussy shit keyboards! Seriously, the build quality on this thing is fantastic. It costs a little more than some of the more popular ones, and it doesn't light up and shit, but I don't like backlighting anyway. I don't play in the dark, and if I did the light from the keyboard would likely bother me. I do believe they have a backlit version though, if that's your thing.

10/10, highly recommended.
Still feel the same way about it several weeks later. I can't figure out how to justify it at work though, since the vast majority of the typing I do during work hours is on this forum :(

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We have a couple dudes in my scrum lab that use mechanical keyboards. If you're looking to get murdered that's probably the quickest way

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I have a Corsair Vengence w/ browns that I use at work and never get any comments about the noise.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
We have a couple dudes in my scrum lab that use mechanical keyboards. If you're looking to get murdered that's probably the quickest way
I share an office with a guy that is not only hard of hearing (which causes him to shout into the phone because he thinks they can't hear since he can't hear), but when he types he literally pounds the keyboard with his 2 pointer fingers. It sounds like a herd of buffaloes stampeding. Whenever anyone walks into our office and he is typing, they immediately look at me with a look of bewilderment, and I just shrug and throw up my hands. His keyboard is one of the cheap bubble types that come with HPs, Dells, etc. and he's capable of generating that kind of noise. So I'm not worried.

Also, my new keyboard at home, the one I linked, is significantly quieter than my older one. None of this matters though if I can't convince someone that I need to spend $150 on a keyboard. I need a better chair first, now that I think about it.