Mechwarrior Online

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Challenge for the weekend for a free mechbay - get 20 kills with a specified list of IS mechs, too long to list here's the linkMWO: News

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
In case those playing missed it, the Kitfox came up for c-bills yesterday. Those of us who've been hoarding c-bills and wanting to get some of the Clan mechs hoppped on this. Though at $8 million per mech, plus weapon and pod changes it's an easy $10 million. I only bought the prime for now and will see how I like it. I'd had roughly $90 million saved up, and depending on play over the next couple of months, I should be able to get out in front of all the Clan mechs I want.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
In case those playing missed it, the Kitfox came up for c-bills yesterday. Those of us who've been hoarding c-bills and wanting to get some of the Clan mechs hoppped on this. Though at $8 million per mech, plus weapon and pod changes it's an easy $10 million. I only bought the prime for now and will see how I like it. I'd had roughly $90 million saved up, and depending on play over the next couple of months, I should be able to get out in front of all the Clan mechs I want.
I have $60m saved up but I think I want the Dire Whale... Will probably cost me 15m per variant, 3 variants, so 45m. Ouch.

OneofOne

Ya'll make me feel broke. I'm down to $15m after buying and kitting out my shiny new Kit Fox. Course I have no mechs with a cbill bonus, other than my freebie Cent (laugh), nor do I buy premium time. Please tell me that how you guys accumulated so much haha

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Premium + Hero bonus is pretty much the only way to earn without playing nonstop for days. Playing a Prime/Hero with premium time running can net you around 200k per match if you do well. That said Im always broke, I keep buying extra modules so I dont have to try to remember where I put that Radar Deprivation or whatever the day before. I managed to get down to 7k cbills the other day, it was pretty impressive.

Fury

Ya'll make me feel broke. I'm down to $15m after buying and kitting out my shiny new Kit Fox. Course I have no mechs with a cbill bonus, other than my freebie Cent (laugh), nor do I buy premium time. Please tell me that how you guys accumulated so much haha
I haven't bought a mech with c-bills for quite a long time. I figure I average about $1million to $1.5 million a day, which works out to about an hour to a hour and a half a day. Weekends I can play a fair amount more. So that's $20 - $25 million a month or so.

OneofOne

God damn their killing me with that list, I might have 2-3 of those AT MOST and I don't like any of them (nor am I particularly good with 'em).

Fury

New challenge this weekend -MWO: Forums - Path To Victory Challenge

Event Type: Personal Challenge

Event Begins: Friday, August 22nd at 10AM PDT / 1PM EDT / 5PM UTC

Event Ends: Tuesday, August 26th at 10AM PDT / 1PM EDT / 5PM UTC

Challenge Rules:
.While Piloting any 'Mech,in solo, in any game mode, achieve victory.
.No opt-in required.

Challenge Reward:
.10 Wins = 1 Free MechBay
.20 Wins = 7-day Premium Time
.50 Wins = 6.5 million C-bills

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
The all solo challenges really get to me. Part of the fun is playing with squad mates. I gotta say fuck them for an entire weekend (50 matches minimum?)

Fury

The all solo challenges really get to me. Part of the fun is playing with squad mates. I gotta say fuck them for an entire weekend (50 matches minimum?)
That is a bit annoying. Not to mention the suiciders, base rushers (assault), and purposeful dc's. I'm running straight up skirmish atm, and we will see how that goes now since I ran into a 0-10 spree. The 50 wins seems a bit much, but the bonus of $6mil on top of the 10mil I will make for the games played is a nice bonus. That will push me up past $100 mil waiting for the Timber to come up for cbills.

OneofOne

Heh I'm only in it for the free mech bay - anything past that is just a bonus.

Fury

Well all in all that was a fairly terrible 50 wins except for two of them. Played in Morodor way too much. Eventually I was only running Skirmish since Assault was borked and Conquest has always been terrible. In all my games, wins and losses, I ended up on the moon base only three times. Best map in the game and only 3 times on it. Did make it to $100 million Cbills though. The premium time pushed it way up. Every win with my Ember or Ilya was 250k, losses at 150k. Still not gonna pay for it anymore though.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Conveniently you can still qualify for some of those rewards by dropping money on the new clan pack, they need to finance their new SC copy.

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
I'm done with this game. Devs keep releasing mech packs for money, has not been a new map in coming up on 10 months. The modes are stale as hell. And they still have so many stupid mechanics.

OneofOne

Your wish has been granted - new map released today. It's actually kinda cool, looks like a refinery. Plays like a city, only with a lot more space between the buildings. JJ's recommended!

Also, the Timber Wolf is now out for cbills, at a whopping 17.8m each. Going to kit one out tonight I think.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Well, looking as if my prior assumptions about CW were wrong. Signs are pointing to IS factions not being able to use Clan Mechs and vice versa for CW matches. I filed a support ticket this morning asking if they'd refund the cash I dropped on Clan Mechs since all my friends are IS faction players. It's doubtful they'll give it, but it seems worth a try.