Mechwarrior Online

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fuck this. Group challenges for a game that barely promotes and assists in grouping annoys me.

I'm done with this game. Devs keep releasing mech packs for money, has not been a new map in coming up on 10 months. The modes are stale as hell. And they still have so many stupid mechanics.
Basically where im at, wish the game had more to it, like salvageable parts, territory control, but if thats all it is, an arcade shooter with fun mech controls, why not go with it and pump out multiple maps. Ive seen a thread with crazy map concept ideas, id play that sort of game. I wouldnt play the same ole boring maps over and over grinding for credits.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Would have been a great game with a 50$ box price and none of the bullshit free to play grind. Give it a CoD style unlock/progression system for different chassis/weights or something and just have fun blowing people up.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
Continuing events for those few of us who might still care -MWO: Forums - 3 Days Of Challenges

Greetings MechWarriors!

With the recent restoration of the Game Mode hard selections, we have an awesome challenge for you this weekend:
A challenge a day for 3 days!

Day 1 - Conquest Day - Friday Oct. 10th 10AM PDT to Saturday Oct. 11th 10AM PDT

Earn 200 points to receive 1 day premium time and a Wish Bone hanging cockpit item!

Day 2 - Assault Day - Saturday Oct. 11th 10AM PDT to Sunday Oct. 12th 10AM PDT

Earn 200 points to receive 1 day premium time and a Rabbits Foot hanging cockpit item!

Day 3 - Skirmish Day - Sunday Oct. 12th 10AM PDT to Monday Oct. 13th 10AM PDT

Earn 200 points to receive 1 day premium time and a Four Leaf Clover hanging cockpit item!

How to earn points

Earn points by playing the appropriate Game mode for that day and performing these actions

? Kill = 1 point

? Assist = 2 points

? Spot = 2 points

? Tag assist = 2 points

? Narc Assist = 2 points

? Victory = 3 points

Note:

To earn points, you must be playing the correct game mode for the day

You can play in solo or group queue.

OneofOne

I'll take what I can get, but would much rather have mech bays than premium time!

It's funny - I have a Jager that I only bought so I could Master the two I like, and I didn't know what to do with it (an A) so I stuck on 2x LRM15 (w/ arty), 2x MLaser, 2x MGs, and 2x Streaks and figured, WTF I'll have some fun with my comedy fit. Only, I'm actually rather enjoying it after figuring out how to use it, and 700+ damage games aren't uncommon. Heh who knew?

Fury

Ohh - Revised points -

Revised Points system:

? Kill = 2 points

? Assist = 3 points

? Spot = 3 points

?Victory = 4 points

OneofOne

MWO: Forums - Patch Notes - 1.3.345

New patch - added a slew of new ways to gain exp/cbills in a match. Though Assist cbill reward went from 6500 to 2500, which is a bit of a bummer. Really curious to see how this plays out. Not totally sure it will do much to change behavior, but will be nice to get random bonuses for shit you're doing anyway! 10k for a Solo Kill? Yes plz!

Also, mechbays are 45% off now, so just got 18 more for $15 - I'm now up to $30 spent on this game haha

Fury

The new "payout" system is interesting, to say the least. I think it may be time to step back a bit. I had a couple of strange games last night that started off with me in a Kit Fox with a Narc doing less than 250 damage, 1 kill 9 assists, but getting nearly $200k (non-premium time) for all the narcing I did, but little else, and culminating in my Dire Wolf taking out 5 mechs, 5 assists and doing 975 damage and getting about $180k.

Something seems very wrong with that picture. I need to run my Ember to see how far it can really be exploited.... Can't narc, but I flank a ton and get solo kills all the time with that little badass.

And what's with all the hype around the Stormcrow? I know it's cheap atm, but it doesn't seem that impressive to me.

OneofOne

I picked up all 3 while they were on sale. Having fun with them even with their basic kit, though I just turned the C into a 3x ER MedLas, AC/20 and that's fun too. I pretty much only run around in Jagers and Catapults these days, so the speed is rather nice. Now I just need to fall in love with a mech class that actually uses JJs.

Someone data mined the test server and picked up all the mech quirks - gotta say I'm LOVING the Catapult K2 and Jager A quirks - damn that's gonna rock, since I already use those weps. Course, this is from the test server so, standard warning, but still!
IS Quirks

Fury

I also ended up picking up all three simply because I knew they'd never be that cheap again, and although I rarely play Mediums, there does seem to be some good play with them. I gave my C variant an LB20X, which is awesome.

Halloween weekend event -MWO: Forums - Trick Or Treat Weekend EHappy Halloween, MechWarriors!

Coming this Halloween weekend to MechWarrior Online: The Trick-or-Treat Event you won't want to miss.

Each match is a chance to earn a treat! Every treat is a chance to win a prize, and the prizes are awesome!

Prizes include: MechBays, Premium Time*, MC, MC Consumables, C-bills, GXP, Cockpit items, and more!

We even have a few extra tricks up our sleeves. Players who achieve a qualifying score can reach their hand into the treat bag** and receive a prize!

So join us this weekend from Friday Oct 31st 10AM PDT to Monday Nov 3rd 10AM PDT, and see what kind of treats you can scare up!vent
- for those that are interested. Looks really fun actually.

Trick or Treat qualifications -

EVENT HIGHLIGHTS:

Happy Halloween MechWarrior!

Welcome to our Trick or Treat Weekend! For every qualifying match you will revive a treat button that you can click to redeem for prizes!

We are running this event all weekend: Friday Oct 31st 10am PDT Monday Nov 3rd 10am PST! So play as much as you want and earn as much as you want!

The minimum score to qualify for a treat is 30 points!

See what kind of treats you can scare up!

Score Formula
?Score formula: (kills) + (kill_assists ? 2) + (spot_assist ? 2) + ((damage - friendlyfire_damage) ? 15) + (cbills_earned ? 10000) + (xp_earned ? 100)
?A player gets 1 kill, 3 kill assists, 6 spot assists, did 450 damage and 0 friendly fire damage, earned 100,000 CB and 450 XP: ?Points = 1 + (3 ? 2) + (6 ? 2) + ((450 - 0) ? 15) + (100,000 ? 10,000) + (450 ? 100)
?Points = 1 + 6 + 12 + 30 + 10 + 5 <- (4.5 rounded to 5)
?Points = 64

OneofOne

I think we're the only two on this forum who still play. Can't blame anyone, but I have to say, now that they bought out their publisher's share of the game and are fully in control, PGI really seems to be heading in the right direction.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
I still play regularly. I'm hoping the medium mech craze settles down soon, I specifically have been working on builds due to it being the least used weight class. Biggest workhorse for me in the current pub meta is a shadowhawk-2k with 3 ER-Large lasers in the shoulder, tons of heatsinks, and an XL engine.

If you slap on the range upgrade for the ERLL it's pretty sick. Also has the ability to relocate or safely peek with a 90+kph speed.

The one thing I really don't like is the herp derp playerbase that uses blobbing as it's primary tactic. I'll often be on an opponent teams flank, and instead of sending 2-3 to pop me, they send 6+. Generally results in a loss for them due to getting way out of position but it's still annoying.

OneofOne

Haha I feel ya. I'm one of those assholes who yells "8 people don't need to chase that god damn Raven!", because you're right, that often ends badly.

OneofOne

This Halloween event really seems worth it so far. Getting 30 points a match is easy, and every time you do it, you get another chance at a prize. Already picked up like 150 MC, a million or so credits, some premium time, etc. They are seriously giving away a lot of shit. Totally forgot about the event, so went and found the page, had like 20 clicks waiting for me heh

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I bought the preorder for this and played maybe two months afterwards. Is there any place where I can see what's changed since then?

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I bought the preorder for this and played maybe two months afterwards. Is there any place where I can see what's changed since then?
Dont think there is a list, but off the top of my head:

Jump-jets nerfed, unnerfed, nerfed...

Hill climbing slows your mech down to a crawl (or less) depending on your weight

Ghost heat, meaning that alpha-striking or repeated spamming of a single weapon type generates way more heat.

Missle system has changed so many times I dont even know how they work now, nor the damage of them.

Perks system introduced to help out IS mechs against Clan invasion, need to check each one to see what has been done tho.

I have probl. missed something but thats what I remember right now.

OneofOne

Anyone still playing this? I just can't seem to find anything else to hold my interest, and with my time constraints I like being able to play a match or two here and there. Plus I like discovering new mechs to get hooked on (Cicada with ECM and 2x ERLL why are you so fun to play?)

They just released their first map revamp - River City - and I gotta say I'm seriously impressed. The map was completely redone graphically, is I dunno, 3x the size it used to be, average building heights seem to have been raised, and is now the go-to brawler map of the game, even more so than The Mining Collective. They are next redoing Forest Colony and I get a boner just thinking about it. I love that map and to see it 3x as big (or more) gives me warm fuzzies. Still popping out new mechs, which gives me something to look forward to. Clan ACs each lost a round per shot which is nice. Community Warfare is a big failure from my point of view, which is disappointing as the game is screaming out for a meta-game. But for what it is, I'm really still loving it.