Mechwarrior Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Not active currently unfortunatly. Its a fun game, but as I agree with you about the community warfare and was all fired up and active in a huge clan before it was released, I currently await them comming up with something intresting, and lasting, for the players to fight for.

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
i reinstalled and uninstalled after 3 games. for the quick login and logout game, h1z1 is more enjoyable.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm sure the game is little like the Xbox game years ago but I loved the Kitfox. People thought I was cheating. It's burst invisibility power was just long enough to hide after unloading weapons. So much fun. People would bad mouth me in chat while leading map and setting up, but I would usually do pretty good. On the Lava map almost always got first.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Mechbays on sale 1/2 price. All the new re-kitted Champions are on sale, too. New Mech Bay is out - awesome in every way other than you can't lock out Trial mechs - have to filter them out every single login.

OneofOne

Well, the Trial mech lock out has been fixed yay. I realize I'm like the only person that plays, but thought I'd give a small update for anyone interested. The 2nd updated map has been released - Forest Colony. Much larger than the old map, and while it incorporates all the previous landmarks of the old map (islands in water, bridge near cave, river pipes, tower hill, etc) it is a brand new map that's been fully redesigned (unlike the first map they went over - River City - which simply updated and expanded upon the original map). Good or bad, that's up to each person. Also, the cave is gone, which is a bummer. Next up for updating, iirc, is Caustic Valley.

On PTS right now is their new across the board rebalance of all mechs. They realized the quirk system was a bad fix and was just leading to power creep, so they are rebalancing all mechs in the game on a point system based on 4 attributes - offense, defense, mobility, and infotech. The latter based on nerfing/tweaking how the current system system works - "incorporates information gathering time, target retention time, and information sharing ranges/sensor ranges". Haven't been on PTS to check it out, and doubt I will with my schedule, but I do read the forums a tad.

MWO: Forums - Mech Re-Balance Public Test [Updated]

MWO: Forums - Mech Rebalance And Pts

Oh, and all Hero mechs are 1/2 price atm, as are Mechbays.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I appreciate the updates even if I do not play myself. I like to see Battletech Universe games succeed, there are many more I desire to be made.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I just want a movie. They can budget 100 million for shitty movies, why not one with a cult following?

Sludig

It's one of those genres I think just reads so much better in book + mentally imagining while gazing down at that old hex board and mini's. Personally I'd love another mechcommander. I wish they would all be re-released on steam. Mechwarrior games kinda to me have been downhill for a while now. + whatever happened to that crappy browser one that was coming out?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
+ whatever happened to that crappy browser one that was coming out?
Mechwarrior Tactics? That's been dead for a while now. It was kept secret that no one had been working on it for the better part of a year I believe, people still bought packages during that time, IGP went bankrupt.

I had an odd feeling during that beta...then later I was like "ahhhh....welp, that was why".

OneofOne

The thing is this game could be quite awesome if it was treated more like an MMO instead of a FPS. Of course, EVERY game out there would be great "if only...". Think of Planetside, with several permanent continents, and shit to capture that gives bonuses. Hell, each planet in MWO could be 1/6 the size of each Plantside continent and still be good to fight in, and boom, now you have what, 18 worlds to fight over? Add in the factions where you can earn faction specific equipment and mechs (perhaps the mechs are only usable while your side controls certain factories/worlds). Now start building off that idea.

CW sucks ass, and it's the elephant in the room that is stagnating this game. It's nothing but Call of Duty, with mechs. Steam release is getting closer and closer...

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
The thing is this game could be quite awesome if it was treated more like an MMO instead of a FPS. Of course, EVERY game out there would be great "if only...". Think of Planetside, with several permanent continents, and shit to capture that gives bonuses. Hell, each planet in MWO could be 1/6 the size of each Plantside continent and still be good to fight in, and boom, now you have what, 18 worlds to fight over? Add in the factions where you can earn faction specific equipment and mechs (perhaps the mechs are only usable while your side controls certain factories/worlds). Now start building off that idea.

CW sucks ass, and it's the elephant in the room that is stagnating this game. It's nothing but Call of Duty, with mechs. Steam release is getting closer and closer...
Problem is that they do not have the player base to populate 18 worlds. When I played daily I often ended up meeting at least 4-5 people over and over and over when playing randoms. It was even worse when we played premades, there you could meet the same opponents 4 out of 5 games.

They need to do something besides release new mechs and a few maps now and then, but at this point I do not know what to be honest. A universe where your actions had lasting impact would be nice, but I do not claim to know how to design that, especially now that they have seperate EU/US servers.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Oh man, they just put the Marauder up for sale. PGI going at it with Harmony Gold. Woot. Also, fuck them for suckering me into spending more money on this game. lol

Personally I'd love another mechcommander.
edit: oops, someone already linked it
frown.png

BATTLETECH - Tactical 'Mech Combat Returns to the PC. Coming to Kickstarter Fall 2015.

OneofOne

Oh man, they just put the Marauder up for sale. PGI going at it with Harmony Gold. Woot. Also, fuck them for suckering me into spending more money on this game. lol
IIRC the owners of the Battletech IP just recently said fuck it and did minor redesigns on the Unseen to bring them back into the fold, so... =)