Mechwarrior Online

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Medium mech sale on right now. And I blew my cbills on heavy mechs. Fuck.

Also, even though they changed loot crates, they're still shit. Even the rare and ultra rare are shit.

1565577030479.jpeg

1565577070587.jpeg

1565577104088.jpeg

1565577124849.jpeg

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Yeah man this sounds way better than painting minis.
Well...painting minis AND watching The Wire!

Tiers: from some of the in-game talk (I haven't checked the forums in months) it seems like more T5s and T4s are getting slotted into higher tier games now.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Double XP weekend, Pros: You do get a metric fuckton of XP, especially with premium time

Double XP weekend, Cons: You don't make more C-Bills, so you can burn through your C-Bills pretty damned fast.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
PGI really outdid themselves with the current grindy event. They have it split up into mech classes (light, medium, etc) and then within each class you have 2-3 mechs at each tonnage level that you need to break a damage threshold on for a specific challenge.

The theme is that these are all the mechs that will be in MW5 at release.

The c-bills are nice, and the MC reward is great. But at almost every tonnage level (challenge) there's at least 1 mech that I either never play, is incredibly underpowered and most people never play, or its a mech I don't even own.

In 1st screenshot: @ the 40 ton level you need to do 1k damage in an Assassin (I have a couple, not an issue) and 1k damage in a Cicada. At least I OWN a few Cicadas, but that's gonna be grindy. I don't have a lot of SP on the two I own, and the ones I own aren't OP variants (like the one with 6 energy hardpoints) and frankly, I never play with them and I kind of suck using them.

Interestingly enough, when you go to the store and look at all the mech variants for a chassis, not all of them are on sale because not all those variants will be in MW:5. Not a huge deal if you have a lot of mechs already (I've got 200+?) but it would suck for a new or casual player. And even though I have a lot, I'm still hitting challenges that are hard to complete.

@45 tons, 1/3 of the challenge is using Blackjacks. I love them, have several, they're actually amazing. Vindicator? I have...one. The -1X. Overquirked but still underpowered (somehow...maybe that it's starved for hardpoints). But I can grind out 1K in it, I guess. But then the 3rd mech...Penix Hawk. I don't even own one. Well...fook. I'd have to actually buy one, then grind out 1K damage. /wrists. Oh, and BTW, there's some trial mechs, but the PXH isn't one of them. I guess the rewards can help pay for the cost of a new mech? With the PXH, the -1 and -1K both are standard engines, and the -KK in MC only. I might have a stash of XL engines, BUT STILL.

It's nice to see games with people playing mechs you rarely see, but that also means there's a lot of games where you almost want to cry because you'll get put on a team full of T1 potatoes, using brand new mechs

1574610239219.png

1574610911426.png

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Good job PGI

I haven't played recently, but I guess PGI has an event where players can get rewards if they can kill Devs and Streamers in games. And one streamer was, I think, dropping in a group entirely of Lurms + tag, so PGI banned him for 'disruption', I guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I don't think it has changed much recently.

They completely nerfed PPC/Gauss and made cooldowns almost twice as long, but they were supposed to have rolled that patch back LOL

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Jesus, that's a lot of changes.

LOL @ the IV4 armor quirk nerf. Though TBH that was a long time coming.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bump. Game has been having a major revival this year starting with that big patch back in April. Huge rebalance to weapons, mech performance, and no they're in the middle of a quirk pass along with revisions to three maps. Great time to come back.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Wait they actually did a balance patch? I assumed this was gonna get mothballed when PGI got acquired, pretty sick to hear they are actually putting in some effort.

Probably time to reinstall and see how she goes.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
lol their website doesn't work, logging in doesn't give an error nor log me in, just refreshes the page and says the game is offline

also clicking forgot password does nothing

not a great return so far

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol their website doesn't work, logging in doesn't give an error nor log me in, just refreshes the page and says the game is offline

also clicking forgot password does nothing

not a great return so far
Well I can't speak to your troubles with the website, although I have no trouble with it. mwomercs.com right?

As far as balance goes, April was the big weapons patch where they undid years of nerfs and reverted a stupid buff to clan ppcs. Been regularly balance patches ever since. All the balance changes are being hammered out by a group of veteran players then passed on to PGI for review and implementation.