Men's Bar Soap for Showering

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
After seeing mcdj22's dismissal, I actually looked at the stick when it came in. I don't particularly care that he's right, but I realized I literally have the exact fucking same thing already in my bathroom, just in different form. I've been using this on my head and face after shaving for years.

The edges on that thing are fairly fucking sharp. Not sharp enough to cut skin or anything, but still pretty fucking sharp when you are trying to rub it on your face and head. So the shape of the deodorant stick is much, much gentler, and I'd vastly prefer using that vs. the bar on my head. And at the time I bought the double-pack of sticks, they were significantly cheaper. Now, however, it seems the two sticks have gone from $12.09 to $19.99. I just ordered it Tuesday! Is FoH driving up prices?!

Anyway, so I'm happy that I found a better shape and saved money at the old price anyway, but yeah, I could have tried it out all along with what I already had, I just never realized it was the same thing.

I used the stick for the first time today, so we'll see how it works for me. I don't typically sweat too much at work anyway, since I'm busy shitposting here for the majority of the day, but we'll see. It "feels" fresher, but that's probably just because I'm thinking about it. I don't remember ever thinking about my armpits after putting the old deodorant on, so it clearly wasn't uncomfortable anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I am officially in the Pine Tar Jesus Cult. bars arrived today. they smell a bit funky. gotta try this out.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Gonna have to join the Pine Tar Jesus Cult and give it a shot out of pure curiosity. I've been using Dr Bronners peppermint for years, love how it just strips oil off you and no residue at all. Just super clean and fresh feeling.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
I've been using Zest for a couple decades, bought the pine tar and tried it for the first time today. I'm not 100% sure if it was the new soap yet but I think I my sack felt a bit stickier today and maybe more sweaty all around. I'll give it a week and switch back to Zest to see if it was the soap or not. I always rinse really good, so there shouldn't have been any soap residue on me.

Charcoal version arrived today so I'll try that out in a couple weeks.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
I tried the grandpa charcoal today. It’s a fine soap, lots of suds, but my pits stink well more than usual. After trying out a few soaps (still need to try the pine tar) I gotta say I still prefer the doterra one.

I do like the dr jesus tea tree oil liquid soap for when I feel extra dirty, it is kind of like dawn for dishes, it gets rid of grime and grease and oil and the chrome off a...well you get the idea.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I tried the grandpa charcoal today. It’s a fine soap, lots of suds, but my pits stink well more than usual. After trying out a few soaps (still need to try the pine tar) I gotta say I still prefer the doterra one.

I do like the dr jesus tea tree oil liquid soap for when I feel extra dirty, it is kind of like dawn for dishes, it gets rid of grime and grease and oil and the chrome off a...well you get the idea.

I like charcoal soaps but grandpa's is definitely lacking, but they have the best pine tar. Level use to have the best charcoal soap but someone said they tried it and it wasn't that good anymore. They got big so did a whole repackaging reformula thing and might have fucked it up.

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
You guys have ordered so much Grandpas pine tar that its taking a week on prime.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You guys have ordered so much Grandpas pine tar that is taking a week on prime.
we probably bought their year's output over the summer. i got my 3 pack in 4 days on their normal free shipping service. it didnt even come in that fancy box that they show on Amazon, i got it in a plastic bag

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I've been using that crystal deodorant crap for a few days now, and it is working great. I had nothing more pressing to do this weekend than wash clothes/sheets, so I purposely didn't shower Saturday and just reapplied the crystal crap. That meant I didn't shower from Friday morning before work to sometime Sunday. I didn't notice even a hint of smell, when normally if I did that with regular Sure anti-perspirant/deodorant, I'd smell a little ripe and reapplying would only sort of mask the smell, not eliminate it. I've even sweat a bit moving crap at work and I couldn't detect a thing even the next morning when I showered.

Fortunately I'm used to using this stuff as per my post about the stuff I use on my head after shaving, so I know to make sure the area is nice and wet before applying, and I rub that shit all over. The only downside is that I thought this shape might be easier to use on my head, but nope, it is sort of like trying to rub a cue ball on your head. It fucking hurts!

So far, not a single complaint, and it is performing as advertised. I don't really think I'm an overly stinky dude though, so YMMV if you are a stinkbeast.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Best deodorant. Hands down. I love the shit, and that's from a guy that sweats like an animal normally who's living in the hot/humid climate that is Hawaii. I used to smell quite ripe after hard work days. Now I'm GTG all the time.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
About to try this pine tar. I have a keen nose. This thing smells like the scented and flavored chew toys I get for my dogs.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
About to try this pine tar. I have a keen nose. This thing smells like the scented and flavored chew toys I get for my dogs.

Nice wood scent that doesn’t last that long. Wife complained that it smelled strong while I was showering. Don’t think I’d buy this one again.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Late night insomnia leads to me buying some Asian bath towel and pine tar soap. Nice work fellas 👍

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nice wood scent that doesn’t last that long. Wife complained that it smelled strong while I was showering. Don’t think I’d buy this one again.
i dunno about that. i shower with it and i did a whole day and at the end could still smell it on my arms.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Been using grandpa soap for a week and I smell like a character from Twin Peaks.

0964B690-AD33-4489-8672-2988F9F66CE0.gif

+1

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
That pine tar soap causes inflammation of any acne areas on my skin, and seems to have caused more. Glad it works well for you guys, but this is going in the trash.