Men's Fashion

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I just buy BKE jeans from Buckle. The Tyler cut fits over my diesels and has a waist size that actually works.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hm go figure the guy on here obsessed with raw denim actually knew what he was talking about saying the brand was just cash grabbing the raw denim fad
What are the benefits to "raw denim" oh wise sage of stonewash

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What are the benefits to "raw denim" oh wise sage of stonewash
Unsanforized denim has to be in the raw state upon purchase but for sanforized denim there isn't a huge benefit other than generally the companies selling them are concerned with quality of construction. But to get that quality you'll have to pay and it generally comes made in Japan since many of the made in USA ones are built in the same mass-produced factory as other denim. Obviously not true of all made in USA denim. Brands like Railcar, Pointer, Tellason rival Japanese made denim. Many of them use Cone White Oak (the Cone made in America -- not all Cone is American made) so the actual denim is pretty uniform across the board. If you want interesting denim texture and unsanforized you'll almost have to get Japanese denim and made in Japan. AFAIK Gustin is the only company that sources a ton of interesting fabrics. Your RPMWest uses Japanese denim but, like I said, is mass produced construction which is of poor quality. Many high end brands (Strike Gold, Momotaro, PBJ, Samurai) use exclusive mills for their denim, though.

Khane

So raw denim is for people who are the audiophiles of the jean kingdom.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can just imagine some dude walking around going "fuck yeah" in his raw denim, while everyone else doesn't pass a second glance

Tenks

I don't think anyone heavily into raw denim does it to show off. If we wanted to show off we'd pay the same price for the garment but have it be from Versache or any other high-end fashion company that is expensive simply for the sake of being expensive.

Khane

These RPMWest jeans are complete trash. I've worn them twice and they are already pilling. Never even washed them, just wore them twice.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I got some jeans from tj maxx or some shit called kasil and I love them but have no idea where to get them. They'll surely be destroyed soon because I do everything in them

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone able to tell me what this type of tie is called? Its technically not a tie I guess

Superhiro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah It's called
rrr_img_58422.png

ShakyJake

<Donor>
We have a casual dress code at work, so I usually (well, always) wear jeans. Nothing fancy, just some Wrangler relaxed-fit style. Anyway, I typically wear sneakers/tennis-shoes/Nikes however you call them. I'm considering switching to a "work" boot to be a bit more "dressy". This is an office environment so I'm not actually outside mixing mortar.

Can anyone recommend a good brand that will go well with jeans and not be too either cowboy'ish or blue-collar worker?

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Went shoe shopping today to replace my old worn out ecco loafers. I wear a size 14 im probably a 13 in foot length but a 14 in width. Nowhere had my size, i looked at cole hann and ecco again, anyone have suggestions for a comfy casual loafer that would work with both jeans and slacks and comes in larger sizes ,i'm probably gonna order a few and try them on then return the ones that don't fit. So sick of trying to find shoes in the stores.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Went shoe shopping today to replace my old worn out ecco loafers. I wear a size 14 im probably a 13 in foot length but a 14 in width. Nowhere had my size, i looked at cole hann and ecco again, anyone have suggestions for a comfy casual loafer that would work with both jeans and slacks and comes in larger sizes ,i'm probably gonna order a few and try them on then return the ones that don't fit. So sick of trying to find shoes in the stores.
If you have a Nordstrom Rack anywhere nearby you should check it out for shoes. I wear 14 - 15 and it's the only place I can reliably find quality, name brand shoes in those sizes. They have a great selection of larger sizes. It's about 45 - 1 hour away from me, but I make the trip once a year to get a new pair of dress/work shoes and sneakers.

Tenks

We have a casual dress code at work, so I usually (well, always) wear jeans. Nothing fancy, just some Wrangler relaxed-fit style. Anyway, I typically wear sneakers/tennis-shoes/Nikes however you call them. I'm considering switching to a "work" boot to be a bit more "dressy". This is an office environment so I'm not actually outside mixing mortar.

Can anyone recommend a good brand that will go well with jeans and not be too either cowboy'ish or blue-collar worker?
Wolverine 1K have a nice modern fit at a pretty good price. Good quality too. They also make a wingtip version (Addison) if you want something a bit fancier. Red Wing Beckmans are also very nice. Beckmans may be a tad more versatile for you since they have a rubber sole. The Wolverine 1Ks have a leather sole.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you have a Nordstrom Rack anywhere nearby you should check it out for shoes. I wear 14 - 15 and it's the only place I can reliably find quality, name brand shoes in those sizes. They have a great selection of larger sizes. It's about 45 - 1 hour away from me, but I make the trip once a year to get a new pair of dress/work shoes and sneakers.
We have one pretty close. I have had good luck in the past with nordstrom, that was one of the palces i looked but they were bare.

agripa

Molten Core Raider

Check outhttps://www.chippewaboots.com/

a bit pricey but worth it

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...chippewa-brown